R & B Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Jill Scott Covers EBONY

nqqv4j.jpg

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]W0gmdhSy1a8[/youtube]

ciara on hellcats last night

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]IjNOO2WbW2I[/youtube]

new video by up and coming artist

Kairi

Reaction score
Months after her open letter addressing the drama with her record label, it seems that Ciara may have finally moved onto pastures new – if the actions of the label are anything to go by.
Full story after the jump…

On Jive’s official site, the ‘Goodies’ singer was noticeably absent from the list of artists signed to the company. A change only apparent as of this week.
This comes just days after it was revealed that the Grammy winner had met with Steve Riferkind of SRC/Universal Music,who described the encounter as being a ‘positive’ one. It was not confirmed what the exact subject matter of this meeting was.
It is worth noting, however, that the label – which is also home to Akon, Melania Fiona and Shontelle – is a sub division of Universal Motown and recently signed former Danity Kane member Aubrey O’Day.
——————————
Ciara’s well documented differences with her label are arguably synonymous with the downward spiral her career took both commercially and critically.

However, with talent as undeniable as hers it is safe to say that whatever the star chooses to do her fans will be right behind her. Whether she signs to SRC/Universal or not, let’s hope in time the Atlanta native is celebrated for the gifted and promising artist that she has already proven herself to be. Time and time again.

Kairi

Reaction score
After much delay, Kelly Rowland has finally lifted the lid on the title of her hotly anticipated new album.

Find out what the LP will officially be christened after the jump!

Speaking exclusively to Billboard, the 30 year old revealed her third studio LP is called…
‘Here I Am’

Recounting her reasons for naming it as such, the singer said:
“I was talking to my product manager; I I wanted people to know that this is the record, the sound I¹ve been working toward… that here I am. And she said,that’s the title. It just connected with my heart and the music as well. It stands for everything I’ve gone through and thought about for this record as a woman. It’s very strong.”
The project’s lead single ‘Motivation’ is currently riding high on the charts – sitting at #3 and #31 on the Billboard R&B & Hot 100 tally’s. And its success has spurred Rowland on to pinpoint a date for the album – which has been almost 3 years in the making – by the end of this week. Although, her label Universal Motown, have confirmed Fall to be the release window.

Producers and writers featured on the set include Dr. Luke, Stargate, RedOne, Tricky Stewart and Rodney Jerkins, Jim Jonsin and Rico Love.

Kairi

Reaction score
“What happens when the hourglass of love runs out/ Under one roof of one house/ And everything becomes so cold?” asks Tinie Tempah on “Love Suicide,” his emotionally-charged duet with Ester Dean off his U.S. debut Disc-Overy (May 17). The British lyricist opens up about a failed relationship over a guitar-laced melody from Stargate, while a fragile Dean expresses her pain, singing, “I’m all out of tears/ Tell me get out of here/ You made it very clear/ You did it on purpose.”

listen here
http://www.rap-up.com/2011/05/12/new-music-tinie-tempah-f-ester-dean-love-suicide/

Kairi

Reaction score

Kairi

Reaction score
Jennifer Hudson performed a fitting tribute to Bob Marley with her cover of the late legend’s “No Woman, No Cry,” as part of “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon’s” Bob Marley tribute week. The iron-piped songstress breezed through the reggae tune with some help from The Roots, singing in a Jamaican accent at times. Marley’s daughter-in-law Lauryn Hill will perform on tonight’s episode.

see here
http://www.rap-up.com/2011/05/12/video-jennifer-hudson-covers-bob-marleys-no-woman-no-cry/

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]BMK-uSImpao[/youtube]

a little messy but considering it was her first time, she did good

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]QwOU3bnuU0k[/youtube]

happy birthday stevie

Kairi

Reaction score
Did you know that Usher was the most successful artist on the Billboard Hot 100 in the decade of 2000-2009?
The entertainer scored 7 #1 singles from 9 top 10 hits on the tally, including the songs ‘Yeah!’, ‘My Boo (With Alicia Keys)’ and ‘Love In This Club (Ft. Young Jeezy)’. Since his 1st release in 1993, Usher has thus far reached the peak of the Hot 100 on 9 occasions.
Now you know!

Kairi

Reaction score
'I'm not a home wrecker': Alicia Keys denies claims she began relationship with Swizz Beatz before he split from wife No. 1

Multiplatinum artist Alicia Keys has opened up about her scandalised love life for the new issue of Essence magazine in the US.

After being branded a 'home wrecker' by some media and bloggers Alicia is maintaining that she did nothing wrong and that her husband, Swizz Beatz, was completely separated from his ex-wife before they got together.

'We didn't start seeing each other until months after they had separated,' she said.

'I was aware of all the false things that were being said about me it definitely hurt,' added the 30-year-old.

Alicia married Swizz, real name Kasseem Dean, in July last year in Corsica while she was six months pregnant with his child.

Swizz, a music producer, was previously married to the No Panties R&B singer Mashonda Tifrere, 33, whom he has a son with.

The union between Alicia and Swizz exploded in the media when Tifrere posted a letter online saying that Alicia had 'assisted in destroying a family,' and did a series of 'tell-all' interviews.

Swizz and Tifrere's divorce was finalised in May 2010 and Alicia and Swizz announced engagement less than a month later. Bloggers went wild, accusing Alicia of being a home-wrecker and calling her names.

She remained tightlipped throughout the episode.

'I was sure that if I engaged it would become back-and-forth like some sick entertainment, which goes against everything I believe and would have made things worse,' said Alicia.

After months of aggravation Alicia remained silent but now, she says, she is finally at peace with Tifrere, who recently posted thanks for her 'beautiful blended family' and accepted Alicia as a 'partner' in caring for her son.

'Things are really good now,' said Alicia who also revealed that her love with Dean is 'intoxicating and whole'.

Swizz has another child with British singer Jahna Sebastian, who was conceived while he was still married to Tifrere.

'Kasseem is very present in his children's lives. I wouldn't be able to love him otherwise,' said the 14-time Grammy winner

'We are doing what is best for the children,' she added.

Often interview-shy Alicia also revealed that she has being living by advice from Oprah Winfrey for many years: 'She whispered in my ear and said "Keep some of you for you",' she recalled.

The musician, actress and mother launched her first album, Songs in A Minor, ten years ago - it sold twelve million copies.

Her son with Swizz, Egypt, was born in October. He is named after the African country because Alicia took a trip there to release the pressure and stress of her success.

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shot: Adele Covers ‘Out’ Magazine

Soulful songstress Adele graces the cover of June’s ‘Out’ magazine.
The Brit superstar’s sophomore set ‘21′ has stormed charts globally to the tune of 6 million copies sold worldwide. An impressive feat in itself, the achievement is rendered all the more epic given the LP’s January release date.