R & B Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]AaJKGRS3DjU&NR[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]81AZ-h7gdNA[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Keyshia Cole sported a new two-toned hairstyle while pitching in for a good cause at the 14th Annual Entertainment Industry Foundation Revlon Run/Walk for Women in New York City on Saturday (April 30). The R&B songstress, who will hit the road with R. Kelly on his “Love Letter” tour in June, performed to help raise money to increase awareness in the fight against women’s cancers.

“Being here today gives us all strength and if you have anybody [who has been affected] by cancer, just know that you can survive,” said Keyshia after singing the motivational “Better Me” from her Calling All Hearts album.

Kairi

Reaction score
Estelle didn’t always intend to have Rick Ross on her breezy new single “Break My Heart.” The British songstress, who is prepping the September release of her third album All of Me, reveals that though she and the Teflon Don had talked for years about a collaboration, she didn’t think the tune was right for him.

“My label surprised me with it, because I didn’t think of him as being the first person to be on the record,” she told Rap-Up.com. “And then I got the record back and he was on it.”

When it comes to her music, Estelle isn’t one to get a random feature for the sake of nabbing a big name. “The thing about me is I never do records to do them. I try to find the right person to be on a record if I have a feature,” she continued. “So they suggested him and I was like, ‘I don’t know if this is the right one.’ And they said, ‘OK, cool, cool.’ Then they got him to do it, and I was like, ‘Yeah, this could be the right one. This could be it.’”

While she was initially skeptical about a long distance duet, she felt it ended up in the right hands. “I wrote the record with a certain feeling in mind, and you know when you write a record and you sing it and it’s just you on a record, you kind of get used to it,” she explained. “And then I heard him on it, and I was like, ‘No, this fits. This makes sense. It’s perfect.’ I didn’t think it was going to be this song that we ended up doing. I thought we were going to do it a different way, and it just worked. I’m definitely not about recreating or fighting something that works.”

Estelle will get face time with Ross this week when she shoots the video for “Break My Heart” with director Chris Robinson. She’s mum on the clip’s concept, but promises it will fit the season. “It’s going to be beautiful. It’s going to be epic. It’s going to feel like summertime,” she gushed. “I feel like my mission this time around is to make people feel versus just listening to music. I want them to feel something.”
–Steven J. Horowitz

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]FZzlSsVMNJ0[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]nuo8ICG-ODE[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]gdF2x35Ihqo[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]upbEeqCgXps&NR=1[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]C1NoaovJ-3I&NR=1[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
10 years ago today Survivor was released.

Krnxp.jpg

In the US, the album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart with first-week sales of a staggering 663,000 units and stayed at number one for two weeks straight. It earned Destiny's Child three Grammy nominations for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals, Best R&B Song, and Best R&B Album. Survivor was certified quadruple Platinum by the RIAA on January 7, 2002. Billboard magazine ranked Survivor at number 70 on the magazine's Top 200 Albums of the Decade. The album has sold over 12 million copies worldwide.

Singles: "Independent Women Part 1", "Survivor", "Bootylicious" "Emotion", "Nasty Girl"

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]XRv90dJ1-Kk[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]FgF60L6LW9Q[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]vTDYHc-28AA[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
fantasia debuted a new hairstyle at a show last night