Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Does a scum Cake do those things and post so little this early in a game?
Not necessarily but I've seen town/indie Cake post regularly and immediately make herself look awful and get mislynched so maybe the reverse is true?

I wasn't even trying to make a statement re: her alignment, just asking for your opinion on whether that "data" felt genuine or not

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
And to my recollection, she does post more. Her going back and looking at how much Blaine posts can be seen as busy work, so null with a scum lean but I do want to see more from her.

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
I feel that Cake read isn't going to cut it because even though she's a low poster she had something that shoukd be fairly pingy which was the Blaine post length analysis. Came across as low effort goodguying to me. You should at least have SOME opinion on it
thoughts on poyser town reading her for... "effort"

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
yes why not, town cake can do it too

the problem is she has no other contribution to be read from and chose to invest her time on that instead of actually doing something relevant

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Not necessarily but I've seen town/indie Cake post regularly and immediately make herself look awful and get mislynched so maybe the reverse is true?

I wasn't even trying to make a statement re: her alignment, just asking for your opinion on whether that "data" felt genuine or not
It definitely felt like busy work, but I believe I have seen her do it before unless I am thinking of someone else going back and looking at how people come into games.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I can guarantee u votes on me mean nothing lol
Okay I didn't mention the I think 4 votes on you so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up like that's going to change my opinion either way
also i never intended for the day to end immediately etc.. i just intended to push an early scum read to see more of them, i haven't even gotten around to asking ppl to vote mando and he already started talking lol
Certainly came off to me like you were hoping others would join the vote.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
yes why not, town cake can do it too

the problem is she has no other contribution to be read from and chose to invest her time on that instead of actually doing something relevant
That was point I don't have much to read from her posts currently but I also see what Sky was saying about her looking up info based upon the current conversation that was going on at the time.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It definitely felt like busy work, but I believe I have seen her do it before unless I am thinking of someone else going back and looking at how people come into games.
I think Juice has done that quite a few times. I'm not sure if anyone else has maybe Sky but I'm not sure. I don't think that's a bad for someone to do but not following up with more substance isn't great. But Juice isn't normally great D1 from what I recall and we usually all debate lynching Juice D1 and it sidetracks everything. I personally would need to see more one way or another before I can make anything out of it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Bad. Poyser's given a couple of overly easy town reads this game, he gave one to JMcH too for being "at ease" early on
I remember his read on me. Who else did he do it with?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Mostly you and Cake but he was the first to have me town and that's always kinda suspicious given how often I'm under the microscope
lol I'm usually the first to sus you and you say the same thing. Not saying it's wrong or right I just find it funny.

If he were Mafia how do you think that'd effect cake and I? If he flipped town?

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
lol I'm usually the first to sus you and you say the same thing. Not saying it's wrong or right I just find it funny.

If he were Mafia how do you think that'd effect cake and I? If he flipped town?
Honestly that's immaterial to my reads on you. There's justifications for a scum player doing that to town (point scoring) and to scum (protecting a mate)

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Honestly that's immaterial to my reads on you. There's justifications for a scum player doing that to town (point scoring) and to scum (protecting a mate)
My question was more of a game dynamics in general. Like why that'd happen but you've answered thanks.

Seems like we're starting like game chat is starting to die for the evening. I'm going to head to bed.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
When I post I will make that effort but I said before game started I work in retail and shit's been busy as hell. I've not been on the site at all as much as normal. I got dumped with 8 projects monday 3 of which should have been started months ago. I'm not typically on during weekends but I do attend to attempt to be as active as possible. I do get how this can make me look.

@Bobby Barrows You change your name so damn much it takes me half a game to remember who you were in the last game and by the time I can make a read the game is over. And I don't think we've played together all that much. You're basically a null for me at this point. You've made a decent amount of post but nothing that's pushed me one way or the other. What has me down on your list with Ekko?
Lol I haven't changed my name in 6 months lol, and it's not gonna change until after Clock Tower finally releases in the West next year.

As for your posts. To be honest there's just not much to digest. Your first few posts are pretty fluff or detailing your experience, but then you immediately get into it with Sky because she does Sky things. And dont respond afterwards until this last hour. In addition to Poyser's early town lean on you and I'm just not feeling you at all.

So yeah, Poyser's vote on Wang and his... rather overly friendly lean on John strikes me the wrong way I guess.

But Evans already brought that up for discussion when it happened, for anyone looking for that discussion here: