Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Okay this is getting silly, clearly you have some Elevated Ideas about how not explaining yourself is good for town actually and I don't think it's going to do good in keeping you alive long this game

Hoping to hear from others on this. Particularly @Wangman Page get it together, you'd be my vote if Ekko weren't going for the world record in bed-shitting
no no, sky dont draw a false conclusion from what i say

people need to explain town and scum reads

null reads don't need much explaination. just say "not enough posts yet". "need to see more". "cant tell their alignment based on what they posted yet". "what they have is NAI so im still unsure".

dont say " okay but they did this townie thing over here so thats look good on them but ehhh they r a good player and maybe they r doing it as scum this time"

that's just overexplaining a null, very unhelpful and unecessary

when that null moves to town or scum you give a reason for the movement, u dont give a reason for the null itself

and ofc u can give reasons for town or scum reads as normal

ur getting things mixed up

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Hoping to hear from others on this. Particularly @Wangman Page get it together, you'd be my vote if Ekko weren't going for the world record in bed-shitting
to make this more productive, whats wang like as scum?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
no no, sky dont draw a false conclusion from what i say

people need to explain town and scum reads

null reads don't need much explaination. just say "not enough posts yet". "need to see more". "cant tell their alignment based on what they posted yet". "what they have is NAI so im still unsure".

dont say " okay but they did this townie thing over here so thats look good on them but ehhh they r a good player and maybe they r doing it as scum this time"

that's just overexplaining a null, very unhelpful and unecessary

when that null moves to town or scum you give a reason for the movement, u dont give a reason for the null itself

and ofc u can give reasons for town or scum reads as normal

ur getting things mixed up
Is there any post here specifically in which this is invoked? I'm genuinely curious

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Is there any post here specifically in which this is invoked? I'm genuinely curious
yes, mando's initial list, this:
Wang has been in here which is usually a good sign but nothing from his posts have given me much of a lean yet unless I’ve missed anything. Wang needs to be consistently brought up though due to his tendency to fly under the radar. He’s a very good player when town and there’s a spotlight on him.

I agree that there wasn’t anything wrong with Sky’s pressing on McHenry so don’t think that’s cause for concern on her at the moment. Need to check whether her pushback on him was before or after you said you didn’t take issue with his post. Definitely don’t see someone coming in and pushing like that as scum if people have already said they’re fine with it.

Grim is looking okay at the moment as well. Asking a lot of questions and getting things going, not scared to share thoughts. Either town or doing a good job to appear to be so far.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
to make this more productive, whats wang like as scum?
I'll be honest I have not played with Wang in a LONG time and he always blended in for me, I could not tell you

But what he's done so far has been Not Good for reasons I've previously expressed

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
I'll be honest I have not played with Wang in a LONG time and he always blended in for me, I could not tell you

But what he's done so far has been Not Good for reasons I've previously expressed
i only had him as null/town for activity and lack of direct association with mando, even tho the fense sitting from mando on wang can be done as a teammate on another look, and also mando not commenting on wang's wagon when yall voted on it

u might be onto something and i'll comf bias it with my own PoV

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Mando had indeed been low content when you showed up but you're latching on to something that isn't there

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
None of those are complete nulls though? The last one is actually just a town lean
no it's not, this line ruined it. it seems null:" Either town or doing a good job to appear to be so far."

the one on wang is also pure null, u can tell by the word "but" that came after listing what looks good for wang

again im not blaming him for the null reads, my contention is that the overexplaination of them is more scummy than townie imo. the nulls themselves r fine.

and i cant explain mando's play around me earlier being worried about me calling him for omgusing or calling him coward for going to sleep. i never thought he was this self aware of his play

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Mando had indeed been low content when you showed up but you're latching on to something that isn't there
ok, posyer is either town or power wolfing

what's my read on poyser on the above ^ ?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Wrt Man's read on Wang, I don't see it as overexplaining. He's not really explaining anything. If anything, all Man is saying is "If Wang starts slipping, we should be putting more pressure on him, he tends to slide under the radar as scum".

Now whether you interpret that as a null read, is neither here nor there, tbh.

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Wrt Man's read on Wang, I don't see it as overexplaining. He's not really explaining anything. If anything, all Man is saying is "If Wang starts slipping, we should be putting more pressure on him, he tends to slide under the radar as scum".

Now whether you interpret that as a null read, is neither here nor there, tbh.
ok do u interpret it as town or scum read?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
no it's not, this line ruined it. it seems null:" Either town or doing a good job to appear to be so far."

the one on wang is also pure null, u can tell by the word "but" that came after listing what looks good for wang

again im not blaming him for the null reads, my contention is that the overexplaination of them is more scummy than townie imo. the nulls themselves r fine.

and i cant explain mando's play around me earlier being worried about me calling him for omgusing or calling him coward for going to sleep. i never thought he was this self aware of his play
I mean, it's Day 1. Far be it from me to punch a gift horse in the mouth, so to speak, but Man's town lean on me could certainly change as the game goes on.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
ok do u interpret it as town or scum read?
If anything it's probably a null, but again, I don't feel it's overexplaining anything.

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
I mean, it's Day 1. Far be it from me to punch a gift horse in the mouth, so to speak, but Man's town lean on me could certainly change as the game goes on.
thats not remotely my point lol