Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Like I read his explanation, but "It feels like Blaine isn't interested in solving Barry's slot" would give you worse vibes on me, not better, no?
not necessarily given ur interactions with him

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Now that the traps aren’t working and other people have called him out, you can see that Ekko is now attempting to bait me with sarcasm and condescension. Unfortunately, it will not work.

And before I get accused of running away, it’s 1:35am and I’m tired so I’m going to bed.
none is accusing u of running away either..this is another post that come off nervous or self aware lol. relax m8 im not here to eat u if u r town

Reactions: Poyser

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
not necessarily given ur interactions with him
If you could clarify a little more, just for note keeping sake, I'd appreciate it.

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
if i lock u scum tho its over for u

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
@Evans where did i ask u to give reads btw?

also why are u indirectly accusing me of not asking for reads when this is not the contention here? u r saying town ekko asks for reads and reasons but fail to address the main point here that i think giving reasons for null reads is unnecessary, or sometimes downright scummy if it was busy work (like cake's history iso of blain) or fence sitting (like mando's initial read list), both which i called out

ur blatantly changing goal posts and avoiding what im asking u to do

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
@Evans ur also unable to find a post of mine where i ask u to explain a null read, so why r u changing the goal post to finding a post of mine where i ask players to give reads? these arent the same

i will ask people here to give reads in due time, i've already asked mando, my scum read, for his scum reads, or have u casually ignored that?

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Expecting satisfying responses for the above when u wake up or consider yourself outside of town reads!

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
If you could clarify a little more, just for note keeping sake, I'd appreciate it.
it's in that same long post, i didnt think it was w/w initially. now that u brought it, i mean sure if i am reaching maybe it can be

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Why is giving reasons for null reads a bad thing :pogba Is this game not about convincing other townies you are town and someone who should be listened to? How does not giving reasons help that?

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Alright folks, I'm ready to discuss now. Was playing some Town Of Salem 2, just got off a game where we lost four townies in one night and still managed to win.

I don't really have any significant reads. Poyser's huge just push on behavioral patterns on Day 1 just throws me off slightly. I feel it is way too early to even discern what someone's role with from when he started his speculation.

I'm rusty on mafia in general so I'm not fully aware on what everyone's patterns of playing are, so I am not setting anything in my mind as factual at all, just going through my way of managing sus and whatnot
Who's role is he trying to find out?
Gotcha. But don't think I'll forget it so easily, mister! :cudi
Oh Barry, I know you don't forget
Sometimes I do. I'm very forgetful actually.

Nevertheless, as others have said, what's the issue with trying to find an alignment early?

barry i don't think this is w/w, do u need me to expand on it further?

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Why is giving reasons for null reads a bad thing :pogba Is this game not about convincing other townies you are town and someone who should be listened to? How does not giving reasons help that?
its not always a bad thing, but most of the time giving reasons for null reads comes more from scum than town. townies look to place the null reads into scum or town. mafia looks to keep the PoE large, and null reads is perfect zone for it, and they keep it there by fabricating some nonsense to keep a player in that zone

for instance, compare my initial post to mando's list. u will notice a distinct difference in how 1. i try to place people as scum or town even if i null read them, and 2. i dont overexplain or give them what they need to do for me to read them better, it's usually better to just say "need to see more".

i don't think mando overexplaining or fence sitting can ONLY come from scum, but i think it's generally a scummy behavior. just like cake's behavior of isoing a player over 3 years only to null read them, disregarding that their play could have improved over time as either alignmen.t its busy work

i generally think overexplainations early game is a scummy trait, because scums are compelled to appear solving, while town doesnt give a damn. in the beginning most of their reads will be tone/meta based anyway, but they will still attempt to move the players out of null and not overexplain it

another element to it is i dont recall mando interacting much with the names he brought in order to read them better. when you and poyser voted wang, mando made 0 comments about that wagon, nor any attempt to actually read wang prior, unless i missed some. i treat this as more scummy usually because wang was also there and didn't react to his wagon either, so what is mando doing just letting wang cruise in as he pleases and letting the wagon on him grow without saying anything. it comes off really non committal

Last edited:

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
rules doesnt say we cant quick edit, hopefully its accepted

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Okay this is getting silly, clearly you have some Elevated Ideas about how not explaining yourself is good for town actually and I don't think it's going to do good in keeping you alive long this game

Hoping to hear from others on this. Particularly @Wangman Page get it together, you'd be my vote if Ekko weren't going for the world record in bed-shitting

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
rules doesnt say we cant quick edit, hopefully its accepted
Fwiw, I think up to 5 minutes is how I rule my game. Don't know how Smark rules tho.