Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
i'd prefer that if u have them as null to just say they r null or what side of null they r in without adding the extra descriptions that doesnt tell me much. essentially boils down to: wang is doing this townie thing but could be scum. barry is doing this townie thing but could be scum playing it good. this is fence sitting

you also essentially gave the players an out and told them what to do in order to get a good read from you, which tells me u arent interested in solving them much.

even the sky read was actually an overexplaination imo. could it be ur nature to just overexplain stuff unnecessarily, maybe?

lastly i dont think how much is left in the day or how many ppl agree with me shud affect my scum read of you or my willingness to flip you
I was asked to share thoughts and that’s what I did.

I explained my position on players and why I felt that way with some other comments. That, to me, is more helpful than

Sky - town
Blaine - mafia

etc.

Because by just listing a bunch of names and a read next to them doesn’t tell anyone why I’m thinking what I’m thinking. Whether you think that’s necessary or not, I frankly don’t care. Because I can almost guarantee if I just listed names and a read I’d get asked why I felt that way about certain players.

How have I given people an out, can I ask? You’ve said me commenting on a player being active and making good posts and that I like they’re doing that is a bad thing. I couldn’t say for sure at that point in time that Wang, Grim, Sky or anyone was town with great confidence as the game had just started. There wasn’t exactly much to go off.

Just because I’m not as gung-ho as you and mark someone (incorrectly, I must add) as nailed on scum based on about 7 posts does not mean that there’s anything wrong with how I choose to play.

Reactions: Poyser

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
If he didn’t have a vote on me and was not coming up with as many reasons as he can to get me out I’d be more inclined to interpret that as you have. But his play has been more indicative to me that he just wants the lynch to go through.

Not to mention his most recent post where he’s expressed desire to flip me. If he had the support I don’t doubt for a moment that he’d happily send me away.

No comments on the rest of that post you’ve quoted though? Do you think there’s basis to any of the points that he’s trying to make?
It definitely was a harsh interpretation on your thoughts but I don't think that's outside of the wheelhouse of town Ekko

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
is there any advantage to explainaing a null read. ur basically saying someone can be town and can be scum

yes

People explaining their thoughts and reasonings provides receipts and reasons why the game progresses ffs

Reactions: Poyser

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I'd definitely keep watch on Ekko if he's got this much bloodlust without even half Day gone though

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
also mando is accusing me of doing the same thing he did..this is not true

1. i gave my null reads without overexplaining them
2. i assigned a town/scum lean to the null players based on their few posts at the time, this isnt fence sitting. ive made it clear if i think a null player is likely more to be town than scum or vice versa

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Okay this is an AWFUL post
barry is posting here and there, and asking some weak sauce questions. but i guess he seems comfy so eh null lean

tell me does this actually help you? if anything it only helps scum!barry know what to do in order for me to read them town..i give them the answer right there for free and he can adjust his play accordingly

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
yes

People explaining their thoughts and reasonings provides receipts and reasons why the game progresses ffs
i hope my read on barry above helps u alot evans!

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Did I say you were scummy?
you disliked it, therefore implied that its a scummy behavior. if u say otherwise then thats even worst because then u r just fence sitting on my slot lol. whats the hold up to calling it scummy?

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
barry is posting here and there, and asking some weak sauce questions. but i guess he seems comfy so eh null lean

tell me does this actually help you? if anything it only helps scum!barry know what to do in order for me to read them town..i give them the answer right there for free and he can adjust his play accordingly
So what you're suggesting is we all blind vote and say "OoOoO It Is A MyStErY" when asked why? That sounds like a great fuckin mafia game

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Vote Ekko

The amount of times this man’s chased me reads and asked for reasons. Now he’s here pushing Mando and saying he shouldn’t have explained his reads and just said null is nonsensical
ill respond to this with one thing

find me where i asked u to explain a null read and ill concede!

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
you disliked it, therefore implied that its a scummy behavior. if u say otherwise then thats even worst because then u r just fence sitting on my slot lol. whats the hold up to calling it scummy?

Yeah Ekkos scum here

:bosque

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
you disliked it, therefore implied that its a scummy behavior. if u say otherwise then thats even worst because u r just fence sitting on my slot lol. whats the hold up to calling it scummy?
You have implied that - I didn’t say it - and now who is giving people a free pass to get a town read and adjust their play accordingly, ey?

This post is bait to either get me to commit to a scum lean on him which he can just OMGUS me with or justify his fence sitting angle. The fact that he’s attempted to set this trap is enough for me to commit to a scum lean now, when I could have just excused it as bad town play before. So bring on your OMGUS, I’m ready for it.

And yes, it is absolutely possible to dislike someone’s play and approach but not think they’re mafia.