Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
im still not ready to really call wang scum yet, i think some of his posts seem a bit careful though. i guess just move him to null from null/town

i dont like mando commenting on cake discussion but not wang discussion btw, we shud dispose of mando asap imo

You're trying to rush a lynch based on a read no one has agreed with and in a 54 hour day?

I'm going to bed now, but this is super red flag. I don't understand how you've managed to construe my posts as fence-sitting when I was asked for reads or thoughts on people and I shared them.

I said that I didn't have a read on Wang based on his posts but highlighted that we should be cautious of him due to his playstyle. Might I add that you made the EXACT same point when summarising your thoughts on the players upon your re-entry. In fact you did so when also calling me out.

Then I said that Sky had not given me cause for concern and that I felt good about Grim. I'm not exactly sure what else you wanted from me at that moment in time. You've also asked me who I think could be scum and I said Blaine, and I said why. I'm not sitting on any fences and a suggestion that I am doing so is frankly baseless.

Reactions: Poyser

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
It really does seem like Ekko has put all of our names in a randomiser and just decided to zone in on whoever was chosen, which happens to be me. I'm not suggesting that I am above suspicion in any way because no one is at this point in the game but it seems like he's got the person he wants to lynch from wherever and is scrambling to come up with reasons why.

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Not feeling like reading back are we? :francis

I will be once home, but it’s nice to have events or interactions in a vacuum to focus on to help progress the game

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
up to page 8

- poyser/evans never w/w, leaning evans town, poyser null
- sky town

- mckringle null/scum, don't like this post tho, i think it's unnecessary, primarely because he can use his inactivity to actually catch scum by seeing who is opportunistic toward lynching him, i think this post falls more toward wanting to survive than wanting to solve = he's probably mafia or more so indie

he had a reason - evans and sky questioned some of his content a bit

=============

- wang null/town
- barry null, bump to town if blain is scum. aside from blain i can see barry more town/indie than mafia, very weak read

- blain lean scum, you don't really just mistake alignment for role, but the actual reason for the scum read is mando saying he didn't know who blain was in an over reactive manner in post 112 which seemed like a classic scum distancing post. i also don't like blain's reaction to barry here. gives me impression that blain isn't really interested in solving barry's slot:

- mando strong lean scum, this post is very fence sitty-y, and his overall contribution is very linear and provides no actual content:

I don’t see what’s fence sitting about his post tbh Ekko

he says nothing about Wang sticks out and then says it’s worth keeping a way on him?

his points on Sky & Barry also are looking for town readings but being cautious about committing a read too early in the game

I don’t see it as fence sitting tbh

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Oh that’s Blaine I had no idea who that was haha
Right, just saw as well that Ekko tried to use this post as a basis for a distancing accusation for me and Blaine. Blaine's username is 'TOP GUY TIME', I did not know that was Blaine's current username. Funnily enough, someone else asked who 'TOP GUY TIME' was in the FWA discord earlier this evening as well.

I know who Blaine is as he is a longstanding member of the e-fed I run and I have played mafia with him many times before. I do not understand how that post could have been construed as me pretending not to know who Blaine was?

Ekko is grasping at straws and describing his play as that is being generous to be honest.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
You're trying to rush a lynch based on a read no one has agreed with and in a 54 hour day?

I'm going to bed now, but this is super red flag. I don't understand how you've managed to construe my posts as fence-sitting when I was asked for reads or thoughts on people and I shared them.

I said that I didn't have a read on Wang based on his posts but highlighted that we should be cautious of him due to his playstyle. Might I add that you made the EXACT same point when summarising your thoughts on the players upon your re-entry. In fact you did so when also calling me out.

Then I said that Sky had not given me cause for concern and that I felt good about Grim. I'm not exactly sure what else you wanted from me at that moment in time. You've also asked me who I think could be scum and I said Blaine, and I said why. I'm not sitting on any fences and a suggestion that I am doing so is frankly baseless.
You seem to be misinterpreting Ekko's "dispose of ASAP" as "end day early" rather than the more logical "I think Mando should be the D1"

Which is honestly typical of someone who's afraid to die, which I'd associate more with non-town

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock

i'd prefer that if u have them as null to just say they r null or what side of null they r in without adding the extra descriptions that doesnt tell me much. essentially boils down to: wang is doing this townie thing but could be scum. barry is doing this townie thing but could be scum playing it good. this is fence sitting

you also essentially gave the players an out and told them what to do in order to get a good read from you, which tells me u arent interested in solving them much.

even the sky read was actually an overexplaination imo. could it be ur nature to just overexplain stuff unnecessarily, maybe?

lastly i dont think how much is left in the day or how many ppl agree with me shud affect my scum read of you or my willingness to flip you

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
You seem to be misinterpreting Ekko's "dispose of ASAP" as "end day early" rather than the more logical "I think Mando should be the D1"

Which is honestly typical of someone who's afraid to die, which I'd associate more with non-town
If he didn’t have a vote on me and was not coming up with as many reasons as he can to get me out I’d be more inclined to interpret that as you have. But his play has been more indicative to me that he just wants the lynch to go through.

Not to mention his most recent post where he’s expressed desire to flip me. If he had the support I don’t doubt for a moment that he’d happily send me away.

No comments on the rest of that post you’ve quoted though? Do you think there’s basis to any of the points that he’s trying to make?

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
If he didn’t have a vote on me and was not coming up with as many reasons as he can to get me out I’d be more inclined to interpret that as you have. But his play has been more indicative to me that he just wants the lynch to go through.

Not to mention his most recent post where he’s expressed desire to flip me. If he had the support I don’t doubt for a moment that he’d happily send me away.

No comments on the rest of that post you’ve quoted though? Do you think there’s basis to any of the points that he’s trying to make?
whats scummy about wanting to flip a person i think can be scum btw

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I

pedantic, but a lynch does end day early lol

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
and idk where u got the idea that i intend to end the day now either

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
i'd prefer that if u have them as null to just say they r null or what side of null they r in without adding the extra descriptions that doesnt tell me much. essentially boils down to: wang is doing this townie thing but could be scum. barry is doing this townie thing but could be scum playing it good. this is fence sitting

you also essentially gave the players an out and told them what to do in order to get a good read from you, which tells me u arent interested in solving them much.

even the sky read was actually an overexplaination imo. could it be ur nature to just overexplain stuff unnecessarily, maybe?

lastly i dont think how much is left in the day or how many ppl agree with me shud affect my scum read of you or my willingness to flip you

so basically you want him to say “null” instead of explaining?

:pogba

• Haha

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
so basically you want him to say “null” instead of explaining?

:pogba
is there any advantage to explainaing a null read. ur basically saying someone can be town and can be scum

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Vote Ekko

The amount of times this man’s chased me reads and asked for reasons. Now he’s here pushing Mando and saying he shouldn’t have explained his reads and just said null is nonsensical