Premier League 2010/2011 Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Great to hear that Dod and happy Pool won. Torres is nothing but a rent boy and for 50 million that was a steal for Liverpool. I do think they overpaid for Carroll, but he will develop into a fine striker. Anyway my Spurs are coming along, even though strikers are really underperforming. How about Kranjcar coming on to score the winner, nearly made my roof collapse. I yelled so loud and was jumping in the air. Hopefully Harry realizes that he can actually make a difference!!!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
1. Great result for Liverpool at the weekend, and I think that now puts Chelsea out of the title race, and it looks like unless they can do well in the CL, there will be another new manager at Stamford Bridge next season, which is crazy because the current guy won the double in his first season, and is defantly the best they have had since Jose.

2. Spurs are still going strong, but I think they might lost their champions league place this year (unless of couse they win it), City will finish at least fourth i am guessing.

3. Just so that you all know I went with Arsenal to win the league at the start of the season, and once again looking at the table it is not such a crazy prediction. They are four points behind, and actually have a better goal difference than Utd's. Sure Arsenal are still inconsistant and have not addressed the goalkeeping problem, but they are in there, and seem to be getting strong all the time.

4. Villa travel to Blackpool tomorrow, it is a great time to be playing them, a month ago I would have gone for a draw, but I will go for a 2-1 away win now. It is a game will need to win, just so that we can keep the momentam going, and not start going the other way again.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Chelsea drew last night with Fulham. Dempsey missed a penalty very late in the game leaving the result 0-0. Torres had another frustrating night and was substituted again in the second half replaced by Drogba. Each match there is going to be a monkey on his back until he scores. Chelsea are a long way from the top now but seem pretty safe in fifth spot, six points clear of sixth with a game in hand.

Also the other day did anyone else see Wayne Rooney's goal against Man City? That was one of the best goals I have seen in a long time and what an occasion to do it on.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Rooney's goal was goal of the year, no one will top that in that kind of big game. Chelsea really have dug themselves a hole. Could you imagine if they miss UCL? I hope Tottenham can hang on, it's going to be a crazy ride but if they can get great performances from guys like Kranjcar ( another goal suck on that haters) then they can do it.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Anybody else thinking Chelsea won't make top 4?

It would be hilarious if that happened.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I guess it all depends on how Tottenham go as I can't see any other top three team dropping out of the four. There is a pretty good chance that they will finish fifth at the highest since they haven't been anywhere near as good as they were last season. Plus their form has dropped since buying Torres.

Who does everyone think will be top scorer for the season? Berbatov has 19, Tevez 18 with the next best at 11. Can anyone challenge them?

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I think Tevez will win. Stupid as it sounds, Berbatov doesn't score too often unless he's scoring like 3-5 goals in a single game. He won't score for a while then he'll hit a hat trick. He can't keep doing that forever.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True Tevez has been more consistent than Berbatov. Berbatov waits for a few weeks and then bags a hat-trick, he has made three this season I think. I think that Van Persie is a smokey chance since he has scored 10 goals in just 15 games this season and could challenge those two if he stays in form for the end of the season.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
It would really be awesome if Tottenham can grab top four but it's going to be really tough. But don't think Man City has a spot locked up. They are only four points ahead of Chelsea with Chelsea and Tottenham having to play one more game than them. Tottenham can grab third on Tuesday if they beat Blackpool. I am super excited if they can win, but Blackpool can't be denied as an easy opponent. Tottenham always makes things interesting so a close game is what I expect.

Van Persie does have a shot at winning it, but in the end I think Tevez is the most consistent and will win. Tevez never stops and is really outstanding.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I missed that Man City had played one more game. That does even things out a bit more and does make it more interesting. I still think that Man City will be fine for a top four spot they have been good this season and even though they have their patches they should stay ahead of Tottenham and Chelsea.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I still think Chelsea will finish at least fourth, they are due another good run, and with it being such a tight league, I think Chelsea will have the edge with their experince where as it does seem to be getting a little too much for Spurs to keep up. City are still too inconsistant to be title contenders, but should have enough to finish fourth.

I agree that Tevez is more consistant than Bebatov, and his work rate and all round pace and skill make him more important to City than Bebatov to Utd. Van Pansie's problem has always been his fitness.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Looking at the table Chelsea are now only two points behind Tottenham and they have a game in hand plus they have a much better goal difference.

Five games on tonight, I am looking forward to Everton vs. Sunderland to see if Everton can get back into the top ten of the table. Hoping that Cahill plays and scores again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well after Arsenal's shock defeat in the Carling Cup final I think it is a huge few weeks for them, either their season will completely belly up, or they will come back stronger, and hopefully win of the three compltions they remain in. It is also an inresting week for Man Utd as they have tough looking fixures tonight at Chelsea and Sunday at Liverpool, if they come through these two games with at least three points I think they will be close to wrapping up the title.

Huge match for Villa in the FA Cup tomorrow, with the league form still inconsistant this is our one last shot at glory.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Liverpool stunned Man Utd 3-1 with Dirk Kuyt scoring a hat-trick. Makes things very interesting at the top of the table with Arsenal able to draw level with Utd on points if they win their next match.

Currently Chelsea are beating Blackpool 1-0 at HT with Terry being the scorer.