Premier League 2010/2011 Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It starts this weekend!!! Finally the Premier League is back again and we will get to see the best players in the world go at it in the best league in the world.

All discussion relating to the games this season for the Premier League can go in this thread. Things like transfers, managerial changes, Champions League etc. can have their own thread if you want to start one when something important happens.

What do you think will happen this season? Who do you think will win? Check out the Pick-ems thread and post your thoughts on what the table will look like before the season starts.

First of all, what team in the Premier League will you be supporting this season?

For me I follow QPR but obviously they aren't in the Premier League so I like to follow Everton due to Tim Cahill playing for them. I like to support the Australians wherever they play and hope that their teams do well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Results for Saturday 14th of August
Tottenham 0-0 Man City
Aston Villa 3-0 West Ham
Blackburn 1-0 Everton
Bolton 0-0 Fulham
Sunderland 2-2 Birmingham
Wigan 0-4 Blackpool
Wolves 2-1 Stoke
Chelsea 6-0 WBA

Good opening round of matches yesterday.

Man City were lucky to get away with a draw since Tottenham did all the attacking. Joe Hart was amazing in goal and showed why he should be England's first choice keeper. He made half a dozen great saves that match.

Everton's goalkeeper made a shocking mistake in the match against Blackburn, he had the ball in his arms and then just dropped it letting them score an easy goal.

For Fulham no Schwarzer but their second keeper did a good job in his place. I am still hopeful that he will be allowed to move to Arsenal to finish his career with a big club.

Blackpool were the best story of the day though. They can't play at home as their home stand fits only 12,000 people so they had to play away and didn't they play well. four goals plus another that was given offside when it clearly wasn't. Great start and with their orange kits, just like Holland, I may have to cheer for them this season.

Clinical start by Chelsea following on from where they finished last year with six goals including a hat-trick to Drogba.

Liverpool vs Arsenal tonight is a massive match. Arsenal would love to have Schwarzer in goals but I think even without him they will win it 2-1.​

xXSlaveXx

Reaction score
Being a massive Chelsea fan (Only team I've ever supported, and I've supported them since I was 3) I was marking out yesterday. We went from 4 losses in a row to a 6-0 win and after one game we're already top of the league.

Arsenal and Liverpool...if Liverpool are truly back in form a win tonight would do them well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Chelsea looked fantastic yesterday, they couldn't do anything wrong and the players that you want in form are ready at the right time. They are going to be hard to stop this season if that is the form they have.

Liverpool were so bad last year I don't know if they can turn it around. Will be interesting to see what they can do and if their players can gel together under the new manager.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Liverpool's goalkeeper cost them the match against Arsenal, parrying the ball into the goal to leave the score 1-1.

Manchester United started strongly against recently promoted Newcastle, starting with a 3-0 win. Ryan Giggs scored which means that each season in the PL he has scored at least once.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
James Milner finally signed with Manchester City. Another big loss for Aston Villa but that is what happens when some teams have billionaire owners who are willing to spend it all to get a successful team.

Results for Saturday 21st of August
Arsenal 6-0 Blackpool
Birmingham 2-1 Blackburn
Everton 1-1 Wolves
Stoke 1-2 Tottenham
WBA 1-0 Sunderland
West Ham 1-3 Bolton
Wigan 0-6 Chelsea

Another 6-0 win for Chelsea the second from two games. Arsenal were awesome with Theo Walcott scoring a hat-trick for them. Tim Cahill scored for Everton but unfortunately they couldn't hold on for the win.

Tonights matches are:

Newcastle vs. Aston Villa
Fulham vs. Man United​

My predictions are Newcastle 0-2 Aston Villa and Fulham 0-2 Man United.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wow have wrong I was with the Newcaste vs. Aston Villa game. It isn't even half time and Newcastle are already up 3-0. Amazing result so far and I wonder if Aston Villa will be able to stem the flow of goals.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Finished 6-0 if I remember right. Then Man U and Fulham drew.

Tonight the matches are:

Blackburn vs. Arsenal
Blackpool vs. Fulham
Chelsea vs. Stoke
Man United vs. West Ham
Tottenham vs. Wigan
Wolves vs. Newcastle

Blackburn vs Arsenal is on right now. I think that Blackburn will be able to sneak out a draw here.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Seven games into the season and some interesting results so far. Liverpool and Everton are in poor shape in 18th and 17th place with 6 points each. Neither team have been close to last years form and will need to have a good run to get back into the top four. They are a chance but it will be very difficult from here as the top teams are doing so well. The top five of Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham is probably as most predicted but maybe in a different order. Chelsea are clearly the team to beat as they are a goal scoring machine at the moment. A trend so far this season is that there have been a lot of draws, more than usual I would think.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
There is just one game left in this round, Blackburn vs Sunderland, and there have been a few surprises. Man United gave up a 2-0 lead to end up drawing 2-2 with WBA, they now have only three wins for the season with five draws. Everton defeated Liverpool 2-0 thanks to a brilliant first half goal by Tim Cahill. Liverpool are currently in 19th position but a win would move them up half a dozen spots. Liverpool just don't look right on the field, they don't seem to have any confidence and the game plans are just all wrong.

There is also a big story in the news with Wayne Rooney supposedly set to quit Man United due to a lack of game time this season under Ferguson. He wasn't used at all in the draw this weekend and was left of the bench the entire game. Ever since the story came out about Rooney cheating on his wife Ferguson has seemed reluctant to use Rooney who had a great season last year but struggled at the World Cup and in earlier games. Do you think that he will leave? Will Man United be better without him?

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
wow what a season so far! seriously im a huge manchester united fan and this has been the cloest season yet! i watched excited matches last night and to see Arsnal only getting a point wasnt deserved but helped us! Chelsea getting beat 1-0 to bottom of the league wolves made me smile and to see liverpool lose to blackburn makes it sweeter!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I have gone off you now finding out you are a Man Utd supporter Then, they are just one evil football club:p

I am a Aston Villa fan myself, I have followed the club for about eighteen years now, and have been to a lot of games. When I lived in Peterborough I would attend sevenal home games a season, but now living up North I tend to see more away games.

Needless to say I am very concerned about the direction of the club, and team since Martin O'Neill's departure. I was not too thrilled with Houllier's apointment, and accepted that this would be a season of transtion, but didn't expect anything like this. Point is the players have to believe their in a reguetion scrap and do something about it.

Tomorrow we have Sheffeld Utd in the FA Cup which should be a tough game, a cup run would be nice, but at the moment our main focus has to be getting out of trouble in the league.

I will go for a 1-1 draw and a unwanted replay;)

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Great to see some more people posting in this thread. With the amount of UK posters on this forum I expected it to be the biggest thread on the entire forum.

Very interesting season so far with the big four really spread out throughout the table. Man United are having a fantastic season and look the goods this year. Man City have done very well to be second although they do have a game in hand to Arsenal in third so they may switch places after the next game. Chelsea have dropped off a lot in the past month, they looked like they would pick up another title win and then the slide started to happen. Liverpool are having a shocking year and currently sit 12th in a congested table. Roy Hodgson has actually left as manager just over six months after coming to Liverpool and Kenny Dalglish will replace him for the rest of the season.

Some great news is that Queens Park Rangers are currently dominating the Championship and look likely to be promoted to the Premier League next season! It would be huge if they could make it back and I would start supporting them since they were the team my dad supported.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well I am a big Neil Warnock fan, and it has been far too long since Rangers were in the PL, so they will be very welcome from me.

As for the title race, yeah I think it is Utd's to throw away, the games in hand, and the goal difference put them in a strong position. I still remain unconvinced by them, but hey it is a flawed league.

All the best to Hodgison he is a top class manager, and the mess at Liverpool was not of his doing, I think he should have been given longer.

So a good win for Villa yesterday, the youngsters came good again, the third goal from Petrov was exception. Now we need to start doing it in the league. We have the big derby game with Birmingham next, and is going to be a bit of a scrap. We could do with a win, but it is a tough place to go, and they are in decent form, so I will sit on the ferce, and got for a 2-2 draw.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Some big matches on tonight;

Birmingham vs. Aston Villa
Both teams will be desperate for the win as both hover in and around the relegation zone.
Sunderland vs. Newcastle
Both teams are aiming to stay in the top ten and with a packed table they both need some points from this match.
Liverpool vs. Everton
Huge, huge game for these two teams. They are sitting in 12th and 13th both on 25 points. Poor result considering the years they had last year and really both teams should easily be top ten teams. Everton are missing Cahill due to the Asian Cup and Pinear has signed with another club so some big names missing but I think they will beat Liverpool who can't seem to do anything right.
Tottenham vs. Man United
Big match for two top teams. Tottenham will want to win and stop Man United's undefeated streak and take fourth spot from Chelsea. Man United will want to win and regain top spot with two more games in hand on Man City.

Great night for football.