Possible Mania Match for The Ultimate Warrior

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I rather have Ryback not on the ppv at all short of a tag invitational, but if Warrior is working a match, let him work one vs Someone worth a damn

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't see this sticking, at least I hope it doesn't stick. Warrior deserves a good opponent. Although, this also depends on his condition. Is he even capable of wrestling?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
HSLuX.gif

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Am I the only one who wants Big E. Langston doing Warrior-style promos??? He already does the rope-running splash... it'd be entertaining as Hell if Langston just did rambling promos about mythical nonsense.

Speaking of... Langston could always team with Warrior to take on Ambrose and a heel legend...

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I take it you saw the 5 count promos. He can do them

Reaction score
Being a dirt sheet thing, no idea how legitimate that is. Kinda thinking not at all. Could be something floated out there anonymously by someone like Ryback himself to stir up interest in a Wrestlemania match for himself. As it is, it's doubtful the WWE would care to book him for the event.

I think Warrior's involvement would depend solely on Warrior. Does he want to, are his knees too shot to really go do the kind of match he'd like? The dude still has a physique, he seems to keep in shape.

It would fit into the program. They have often run a legends themed match in some form in past Wrestlemanias. Hopefully they either run it as an old school style match, nice and slow, maybe make it a street fight. Or have him do like what Ziggler and Miz talked about in some video, how they'd love to see him run in, do three clothes lines, hit the splash, and run back out.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So what is planned since you seem to be on the inside?
Nothing to do with every legend they put in a legends contract to work fucking Mania.....Get off Meltzer sites and use some common sense.

Reaction score
I could at least see something similar to what they did with Hulk, Eugene and Hassan did at Mania years ago. Not a full on match, but you still got to see the gimmicks and trademark moves.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I could at least see something similar to what they did with Hulk, Eugene and Hassan did at Mania years ago. Not a full on match, but you still got to see the gimmicks and trademark moves.

this is all I'm asking for....... so 10 year old me can flip the fuck out!!

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
Ultimate Warrior and Ryback? Um... I'll pass.

More? Ok. This is 2014, not the 2000s, not the 90s, and sure as hell not the 80s. I don't want to see people from back in the 80s wrestling each other. I don't want a guy from the 80s or 90s wrestling, period. Want to show up? Get 10 seconds of camera time at the Hall of Fame ceremony. Go do some Fan Fest. I don't want them pushing people who have been there 365 days a year, working their butts off, to get pushed off the card by people showing up for one match. This is 2014! There's soooo much talent in the WWE, and there's so much talent in the world to keep bringing these old guys in. And plus, why would they need to? It won't really help get sales, especially with the WWE Network in place.

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

More? Ok. This is 2014, not the 2000s, not the 90s, and sure as hell not the 80s. I don't want to see people from back in the 80s wrestling each other. I don't want a guy from the 80s or 90s wrestling, period. Want to show up? Get 10 seconds of camera time at the Hall of Fame ceremony. Go do some Fan Fest. I don't want them pushing people who have been there 365 days a year, working their butts off, to get pushed off the card by people showing up for one match. This is 2014! There's soooo much talent in the WWE, and there's so much talent in the world to keep bringing these old guys in. And plus, why would they need to? It won't really help get sales, especially with the WWE Network in place.

Common sense rares its ugly head. That is just what I think. No one is saying don't honor the stars from the past, but when they are several years past their prime that is all they should be doing.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

Then I guess you want The Undertaker fired too right? He got his start in the 80's as Lord Humongous. Or were you unaware that Mae Young had a career that spanned 8 decades that included tag matches in the 90's? I would even wager Bob Backlund is in good enough shape that he could actually have a good quality match, and he was champion starting in the 70's. Some of those "past their prime" names are still better talents than some of todays "superstars", and if they are fully capable of entertaining fans, why should they be treated like yesterdays leftovers.

Then there is the fact of pushing the WWE Network. WWEOD failed to live up to the expectations of the company, and they really cant lean on cheaper PPV's to sell the thing either(unless they get their 1 million viewers they lose money from it), so finding the rare legend that is still capable of putting on a WWE quality match(wouldn't expect anymore than what Diva's currently give us), is a way of promoting the stars from yesteryear.

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
Common sense rares its ugly head. That is just what I think. No one is saying don't honor the stars from the past, but when they are several years past their prime that is all they should be doing.
I'm hearing Hogan, Piper, Undertaker, Ultimate Warrior. Batista and Brock Lesnar are going to be wrestling at Mania most definitely, and those two might be in the world title match! Look at this.. Even if they all face each other, that's 3 matches. That is 3 matches taken away from people who have been dying for that WrestleMania moment. And look, I'm a Rock fan, he's my favorite superstar of all-time. But don't really appreciate the fact he took away from someone's possible WrestleMania moment twice, even if they were great matches.

But also, if you put Lesnar and Batista in the world title match. Those are two washed up wrestlers who are going to prevent someone from not only having their WrestleMania moment, but to prevent them from being in the WWE Championship match at that time. Batista, of all people, should know what that means. He got his WrestleMania moment, and his first world title, after winning the Royal Rumble and beating Triple H in an amazing match at 21.