Possible Mania Match for The Ultimate Warrior

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
Then I guess you want The Undertaker fired too right? He got his start in the 80's as Lord Humongous. Or were you unaware that Mae Young had a career that spanned 8 decades that included tag matches in the 90's? I would even wager Bob Backlund is in good enough shape that he could actually have a good quality match, and he was champion starting in the 70's. Some of those "past their prime" names are still better talents than some of todays "superstars", and if they are fully capable of entertaining fans, why should they be treated like yesterdays leftovers.

Then there is the fact of pushing the WWE Network. WWEOD failed to live up to the expectations of the company, and they really cant lean on cheaper PPV's to sell the thing either(unless they get their 1 million viewers they lose money from it), so finding the rare legend that is still capable of putting on a WWE quality match(wouldn't expect anymore than what Diva's currently give us), is a way of promoting the stars from yesteryear.
As a matter of fact, I thought the Taker vs. Triple H match should've been it for the both of them. I thought with HBK reffing, and it inside Hell in a Cell, and it just a great match overall, it should've been the last for the both of them. But no, Triple H has to face Lesnar. Undertaker has to wrestle two more Manias. Should just let it go really. And you have to be concerned about Undertaker's health, you really need to be.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I'm hearing Hogan, Piper, Undertaker, Ultimate Warrior. Batista and Brock Lesnar are going to be wrestling at Mania most definitely, and those two might be in the world title match! Look at this.. Even if they all face each other, that's 3 matches. That is 3 matches taken away from people who have been dying for that WrestleMania moment. And look, I'm a Rock fan, he's my favorite superstar of all-time. But don't really appreciate the fact he took away from someone's possible WrestleMania moment twice, even if they were great matches.

But also, if you put Lesnar and Batista in the world title match. Those are two washed up wrestlers who are going to prevent someone from not only having their WrestleMania moment, but to prevent them from being in the WWE Championship match at that time. Batista, of all people, should know what that means. He got his WrestleMania moment, and his first world title, after winning the Royal Rumble and beating Triple H in an amazing match at 21.

The thing is, those guys are bigger draws than the current roster. For example, if a Ziggler can't sell in a year what a Rock can in one night, that really explains why Hunter continues with all these returns. He doesn't have faith in them, nor should he until someone ANYONE breaks that glass ceiling and becomes WAY more over.

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
The thing is, those guys are bigger draws than the current roster. For example, if a Ziggler can't sell in a year what a Rock can in one night, that really explains why Hunter continues with all these returns. He doesn't have faith in them, nor should he until someone ANYONE breaks that glass ceiling and becomes WAY more over.
If he has no faith in them, then just cut them. Let them have the opportunity to go elsewhere and shine. Don't string them along 364 days a year, and ask them to sit back in the biggest event of the year, something they've been working for all year long.

Let me give you an example, using another sport, football. Let's say, you are a third-string cornerback, who gets a lot of playing time on football team. You guys, win in the Conference Championship round, and are heading to the Super Bowl. In the first week of preparation, the front office decides they're going to release you and sign a strong safety in the free agency pool. Working so long to get to that moment, and you're dumped for someone else.

It's business, yes, but it stinks. It isn't fair to that corner to take his dream of competing in a Super Bowl away, same as it isn't fair to these wrestlers who have been working house shows, live televised events, and working behind the scenes 24/7 that the fans never see, and they're pushed aside for someone just there for one night, gets their 10th WrestleMania moment, when they're looking for just one?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Let's be fucking real here. It may not be fair to a Dolph or Ryder type. It however is very fair to the Cena, Shield, Punk, Orton, Bryan, and Wyatt's of the world who actually sell the ppvs, actually being advertised on live events sell the tickets, and sell the merch while getting viewers on TV. Its fair to them to bring in actual names and draws so that the top of the card makes the best pay days possible after 364 days of dragging around dead weight who get on ppvs solely to fill out cards (Dolph, Sandow, Khali) and leech downside money to sit at home on their ass (JTG and Hawkins). There's two sides to a coin, and a Dolph doesn't deserve to be on mania just because he was there all year when he's done fuck all for the bottom line or to promote the company.

And let's be real here, keeping them on a contract does far more for them than firing them so that they have no guaranteed minimum salary and are forced to go work in ROH, TNA, HOUSE OF HARDCORE, CMLL, AAA, OR NJPW where they make less, have no one to pay for medical bills if they get hurt unlike Vince, or deal with workers who want to seem like big shit so they work stiff and do big moves for people to wank too without thinking

Last edited:
Reactions: Deezy

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The guys mentioned maybe draws but they are not the long term of the business. WWE lucked out with Rock, before they got him to sign a long term contract no one thought the guy would ever wrestle again. Cena and Punk are guys getting up in their 30s who are both becoming more injury prone.

I disagree about Taker Mikel, if he was working a full scudule then that would be one thing, but he is surely capable of making his yearly appearance at Mania. Not saying it should go on much longer, but a couple more years is doable.

I see no appeal in HHH wrestling anymore.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
As a matter of fact, I thought the Taker vs. Triple H match should've been it for the both of them. I thought with HBK reffing, and it inside Hell in a Cell, and it just a great match overall, it should've been the last for the both of them. But no, Triple H has to face Lesnar. Undertaker has to wrestle two more Manias. Should just let it go really. And you have to be concerned about Undertaker's health, you really need to be.

If Undertaker was still on the 51 week schedule, then I would have concerns about his continuing health, but he is so overly protected by the company, and still performs at a level 95% of the current roster couldn't even dream of competing at.

Wrestlemania is also going to be longer this year than most years, with the pre, and post shows on The Network, nevermind Mania already having a 4 hour programming slot. It is tailor made to have musicians, legends, and other celebrities take up a portion of the show. I would rather see guys who actually mean something to the business, even if its a 90 second signature Warrior Squash, Hogan hitting the big boot for a face to get the big pop hitting the legdrop(like he did with Edge when they tagged), or even just see Duggan scream Ho! than see Snoop Dogg, or some other talentless hack featured in skits that take up more than 20 minutes, and botch every third word in their scripted segments.

Reactions: Dale