Pop/Country Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;8NK02HXzcPM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NK02HXzcPM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Adam Levine on Sexuality, 'American Idol' : People.com

Quote:
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="6" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px inset currentColor;" class="alt2">Adam Levine wouldn't be offended if people thought he was into men. In fact, he'd embrace it.

"If people didn't think there was a small chance I was gay, then I wouldn't be doing my job very well," the Maroon 5 rocker, 32, says in the September issue of Out magazine. "I wouldn't be the front man of a band if that question hadn't come up at some point."

Although he says there's "no way to hide my straightness," Levine – who mentions David Bowie, Mick Jagger and Freddie Mercury – notes that "the best" lead singers of all time are "guys whose sexuality was always questioned."

"I'm extremely comfortable in my sexuality," says The Voice judge, who is currently dating model Anne Vyalitsyna. "So I can think, 'Oh, that's a good-looking dude.' Acknowledging that someone's attractive and wanting to [sleep with them] are two different things."

A big part of Levine's comfort with the gay community stems from personal ties.

"My brother is gay, and we all knew when he was 2," he says. "We really wanted to provide some cushion for him and constantly let him know that it's okay. A lot of people don’t want their kid to be gay and will fight it all costs.

"You've got to embrace it from the beginning," Levine continues. "That’s the only way to deal with it as a family. Otherwise, you're just screwing yourself over and you're gonna make your kid miserable."

Issues with Idol

This concept is what makes Levine sensitive when it comes to seeing the way gay contestants are branded while competing on American Idol.

"What's always pissed me off about Idol is wanting to mask [a person's sexuality]," he says. "C'mon, you can't be publicly gay? At this point? On a singing competition? Give me a break. You can't hide basic components of these peoples' lives."

Comparing Fox's long-running hit program to NBC's The Voice, Levine says "it's a great thing" his show "didn't have any qualms about being completely open about [sexuality]."

"We just care about a different list of things," he says of the new singing competition that featured four openly gay contestants during its first season, including two who made it to the finale. "It's for a different type of person, I guess." </td></tr></tbody></table>

Kairi

Reaction score
Single Cover: Leona Lewis – ‘Collide’

<center>
leona-lewis-collide.jpg
</center>
Leona Lewis is radiant in a color-block dress on the cover of “Collide,” the first single from the British songbird’s as-yet-untitled third album. The dance floor anthem will be released to all digital retailers on September 6.
Swedish DJ-producer Avicii attempted to block the release of the song, claiming that the instrumental was a direct copy of his own work, “Fade Into Darkness.” Both camps resolved the dispute and added Avicii’s name to the credits.

Kairi

Reaction score
Black Eyed Peas star Will.I.Am appears to have caught Bieber-fever (or some other unfortunate affliction) as, in a recent interview, he is quoted as saying:
Via MTV:
Justin Bieber could be like Prince. Justin Bieber could be like Michael Jackson where his career is like, for like, ‘Wow! Explain its 2030, Justin Bieber, your career is so long. You’re the first artist to be broadcasted to Mars. How do you feel about that?’ Justin Bieber could be that dude.”
Will.I.Am is said to be hard at work at multiple projects, including that of Bieber’s. The star also has the honor of being one of the last producers featured on Jackson’s work before his untimely passing.
First Beyonce, now Bieber. Who’s next?

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shot: Britney Spears & Nicki Minaj Pose It Up In Toronto

Check out touring partners Britney Spears and Rap entity Nicki Minaj backstage at the Toronto showing of Spears’ ‘Femme Fatale Tour’.
It is just one of many occasions that the pair have been snapped together since the tour kicked off just months ago and comes just weeks after it was revealed that the ‘SuperBass’ darling would be embarking on her own concert tour in 2012.

Kairi

Reaction score
JoJo Confirms ‘Disaster’ As First Single To Be Lifted From ‘Jumping Trains’

Recent months have seen Pop vocalist JoJo return to the public eye with a number of well documented performances and the confirmation of the new LP ‘Jumping Trains‘, due in a few months.
Now, to build further anticipation for the album, the singer has revealed the name of the first single to be lifted from the album.

Find out more below…

Taking to her Twitter, she revealed:
DISASTER” – 1ST OFFICIAL SINGLE FROM JUMPING TRAINS. Can’t Wait For You All to Hear It.”

Kairi

Reaction score
She may no longer have one of her own, yet that hasn’t stopped Jennifer Lopez from pushing ahead with the release of ‘Papi’ – the latest single to be lifted from her ‘LOVE?’ LP.
With the album in unmitigated free-fall, there was some doubt as to whether any more videos would be serviced. Yet if new casting call is anything to go by, Ms. Lopez will be telling fans to “move ya body, move ya body” in visual form sooner than you think.
Full story below…

According to Lovely Lopez, renown director Paul Hunter is to be at the helm of the hotly anticipated clip when it shoots this weekend. Peep the casting call below:
JENNIFER LOPEZ
Project Type Music Video
Union Status Other
Shoot Dates: 8/20-8/21
Contact Information Director Paul hunter
Roles:
lead male Male / Principal / Caucasian, Ethnically Ambiguous, Hispanic / 25 – 35 Description seeking a very handsome leading man Wardrobe casual Rate $500+20% 12 hour day
female stand in Female / Stand-In / Hispanic / 20 – 30 Description MUST BE 5’5 and 115lbs Wardrobe casual Rate $200+20% 0
MEN,MEN,MEN Male / Background / All Ethnicities / 20 – 70 Description seeking all types of men from all walks of life Wardrobe own Rate $125+20% 12 hour day 1
cops with OWN Uniforms Male / Supporting / All Ethnicities / 22 – 45 Description seeking cops with own uniforms Wardrobe own uniform Rate $125+20% 12 hour day
male hipster with mustache Male / Principal / All Ethnicities / 20 – 28 Description as role Wardrobe as role Rate $125+20% 12 hour day
Indie actor type Male / Principal / Caucasian / 20 – 25 Description Joseph gordon levitt type Wardrobe own Rate $125+20% 12 hour day
Real Couple Male or Female / Principal / All Ethnicities / 18 – 25 Description seeking a REAL Couple Wardrobe own Rate $125+20% 12 hour day/ each
mexican gardner Male / Principal / Hispanic / 40 – 70 Description traditional mexican gardner Wardrobe as role Rate $125+20% 12 hour day
skater kids Male or Female / Principal / All Ethnicities / 18 – 25 Description Real skate boarders! with own boards Wardrobe as role Rate $125+20% 12 hour day
jamaican woman Female / Principal / African American / 25 – 60 Description Traditional Jamaican woman Wardrobe jamaican Rate $125+20% 12 hour day
After the so-so performance of ‘I’m Into You’, this is undoubtedly the best card Lopez and her team could have played to salvage the project. Let’s just hope she actually promotes this go round. For, as I’ve said many a time, the industry’s unfair bias against older artists shows no sign of letting up. We are, after all, in an era of 20-somethings; an era where the J.Lo’s and Janet’s are viewed as dinosaurs by the iTunes mass.
As such, she and fellow older divas need not rest solely on talent shows or their profiles; they need to be any and everywhere. I’m talking Mariah circa 2005. Remember how she’d be the opening of a door to promote her ‘Emancipation’?! J.Lo and co should take note.
Your thoughts?

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;7dtfBxUTXRY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dtfBxUTXRY&ob=av2e[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;oKar-tF__ac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKar-tF__ac[/video]