Pop/Country Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Justin Timberlake Says He Would Have Been Big Without N'Sync <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Justin Timberlake

© PA Images
Justin Timberlake has said that he would have been successful without 'N Sync.

The singer first found fame in the late '90s as a member of the boyband, whose hits included 'Girlfriend', 'Pop' and 'Bye Bye Bye'.

He began a solo career in 2002, spawning two highly successful albums and many collaborations with other artists. He has since forged an acting career, appearing in the likes of The Social Network and Friends With Benefits.

Timberlake told Elle magazine that he would have been discovered, even if the boyband had never existed.

"I don't want this to come out the wrong way," he said. "It was an amazing platform but even without it, I believe I would have been heard as a solo artist."

He added that he was surprised his record company allowed him to not play them his two albums until they were fully complete.

"I don't know why they let me do that. But I hadn't come out of nowhere. People had preconceptions and I didn't want to be misunderstood.

"I've learned that people have preconceptions, period. They're uncontrollable but they're not who you are."

Justin Timberlake recently revealed that he felt "old" when he filmed a sketch with Lady GaGa for Saturday Night Live.
http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a3337...out-n-sync.html

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shots: Nicole Scherzinger Dazzles For Fox

Check out Nicole Scherzinger at this Saturday’s FOX All Star Party.
Dressed in white, the performer recently confirmed that the US date for the album ‘Killer Love‘ has been pushed back to November, most likely to coincide with the airing of FOX’s very own X Factor USA.
See more shots below…

<style type="text/css">#gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } </style><!-- see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php --><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>
<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shots: Rihanna Continues To Sizzle In Barbados

Peep Island beauty Rihanna pretending not to be enjoying being snapped by the paparazzi whilst on holiday in Barbados.
Now sporting Beyonce’s trademark hair, the ‘SOS‘ entertainer was caught enjoying all the Sun had to offer with close family and friends.
More shots below…

<style type="text/css">#gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } </style><!-- see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php --><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>
<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;ZQsK9WzDiuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZQsK9WzDiuM[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;jZhQOvvV45w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZhQOvvV45w[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;_YtzsUdSC_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YtzsUdSC_I&feature=related[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;KsxSxF3JKeU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KsxSxF3JKeU[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;KdtIfp7WB0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdtIfp7WB0w&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Former Spice Girl member, Melanie ‘Mel C’ Christholme, is taking Rihanna to task for what she calls the singer’s ‘inappropriately sexual’ behavior.

Christholme, now 37 and a mother, says that despite respecting Rihanna as an artist and enjoying many of her songs, the image the singer projects is just too sexual for someone whose fans base is comprised of mostly teens and pre-teens.

“People have to take some responsibility because we’ve got to a point where the over-sexualization of young children has gone too far,” she explained. “I think music is a big part of that. Women in music are extremely sexual and they have young fans. It is inappropriate.”

“Rihanna has a responsibility and although culture’s always changing, it’s changed too much. It needs to be dealt with. It’s reached saturation point. We owe it to our kids to protect them.”

Mel C added that the Spice Girls were also criticized in their day because of their imagery, but said they always made sure not to go too far. “Yes we wore cropped tops, but look how much has changed. We always sat down as a group and if somebody felt something was inappropriate for our young fans, we did something about it. I think that’s something young people in the music industry today, like Rihanna, should do now,” she said.

The ‘I Turn to You’ singer also said that she believes Rihanna uses overly sexual scenes in videos such as ‘S&M’ because she has yet to become a mother.

“I love Rihanna, I think she’s a f**king brilliant artist, with great songs, a great record and she looks fantastic, but she’s not a mom,” she explained. “Maybe if she becomes one she’ll feel different. I hope so anyway.”