Pop/Country Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Jennifer Lopez Not So Flattering Wax Figure?? <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyonce & Kelly Rowland Shoot ‘Party’ Video
Continuing their showing of sisterly love, Beyonce and Kelly Rowland were snapped shooting the video ‘Party’ in New Jersey last night. As earlier reported, the whimsical cut is the latest to receive the single treatment from King B’s ‘4′ LP.
Needless to say, we hope Ms. Kelly has the treatment and shoot date sorted for her own ‘Lay It On Me’ video…
<style type="text/css">#gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } </style><!-- see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php --><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>

Kairi

Reaction score
Mariah Carey Flaunts New Body By The Sea
Peep Pop belter Mariah Carey flaunting her post baby body whilst posing in an ocean just hours ago.
Armed with a fitting swimsuit and shades, the performer recently made headlines when she displayed some interesting behavior whilst endorsing a brand of new products.

---

i love me some mariah but the second half of her body is covered by water lol

Kairi

Reaction score
i thought that this article posed an interesting question and i think yes would be my answer

---

TMI: Is Twitter Ruining The ‘Pop Star’?

<!-- p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 18.0px; font: 16.0px 'Times New Roman'} -->
Think back. Before Youtube allowed you to ‘broadcast yourself’ and ‘friending’ or ‘following’ were household terms. Even before Myspace and the endless kaleidoscope of social networking and social media outlets at our fingertips (blogs, social bookmarking) became the norm, the divide between the celebrity and the commoner was almost un-crossable. Besides the occasional sweepstakes won and chance meeting on the street, the interaction between the celebrity and commoner was often left to professional encounters (paid public appearances, concerts, and the like).
However, with the advent and subsequent popularization of social networking, websites like (what was) Myspace and Facebook have helped blur that line, making celebrities all-the-more accessible to their adoring fans. And time has shown that no outlet has better proven the beclouding of the barrier than Twitter. Easily the most popular social networking site amongst celebs, the site is a testament to celebrity ‘outreach’, demoting celebs from their ‘demi-god’ statuses and, to great degree, humanizing them. Giving glimpses into what once were mysterious private lives.
On a note separate from fan interactions, Twitter’s ability to give the un- or under- promoted artist a chance to take matters into his or her own hands, separate from record labels or official websites, has also proven itself to be a benefit.
But, every good thing comes with a price and it is no exception.
Twitter has shown us the good, bad, and ugly of many of our favorite celebrities. Ask Rihanna, 50 Cent, Keri Hilson, Trina and other Urban pop stars and they’ll tell you the power of the almighty tweet – and the backlash it can ensue when an altercation arises or a joke goes too far. And then there’s poster-child for Tweet-misuse, Chris Brown. Rarely have two weeks gone by this year without having a negative headline and the keywords ‘Twitter’ or ‘tweet’ somewhere near his name. From e-altercations with fans and other celebs alike, Brown has become the reigning representative of what happens ‘when tweets go wrong’.
So it begs the question: While the benefits of marketing and PR are endless on the social media front, does Twitter cause the demystification of the “celebrity” – thereby making them unappealing?
In simpler terms, That Grape Juice wants to know…
T.M.I.(Too much information?): is Twitter ruining the Pop star?

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;7qzhngp7jh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qzhngp7jh8[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Lady Gaga in drag for You and I single cover <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

<!-- / message -->

Kairi

Reaction score
Lady Gaga Spotted At Britney Spears Concert

(Photo source)​
Whilst the media and stans alike have pitted the pop princesses against each other, Lady Gaga’s guesting of Britney Spears‘ concert this weekend might help silence the rumors.
The ‘Poker Face’ singer (who has written quite a bit for Spears) was spotted in the crowd and, when acknowledged by Britney, was greeted with a thunderous applause from concert attendees.

Kairi

Reaction score
Mariah Carey To Join X Factor Judging Panel?

Although rumors have been swirling for months about pop diva Mariah Carey’s involvement on the reality talent competition X Factor USA, the extent of that involvement has yet to be confirmed. However, producer/media mogul Simon Cowell has been quite vocal of his desire to add Carey to the judging panel.
People reports:
“You can’t say no to Mariah,” says Cowell, 51. “We have to find a role for her. I’m a huge fan of hers – not just as an artist, but as a person, and I love her to death.”
Albeit unknown if the role will be permanent, guest judge, or guest mentor, this is not the first time Cowell has admitted attempting to get Carey on the show (whom he says “wanted to be involved in the show from day one”). Given the singer’s reported album due this fall, the show could work as a great outlet to plug it. And, while the formula yielded alleged diva nemesis Jennifer Lopez mixed results, Nicole Scherzinger and Carey could see otherwise.
But, with the show premiering on September 21st, we’re certain a confirmation of Carey’s involvement (or lack thereof) is forthcoming. Read the story in its entirety.
Should Mariah Carey be a judge on X-Factor USA?