Pop/Country Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
In what will be sure to serve as exciting news for lovers of both Lady GaGa and Fox’s ‘The Simpsons‘, it has been confirmed that the ‘Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)’ performer will make a guest appearance on the show as herself in coming months.

Named ‘Lisa Goes GaGa’, the episode marks Germanotta’s first appearance on the show and sees her follow in the footsteps of many a performer who has graced the streets of Springfield with their talents over the years.

More information below…

On the role, Ms. Pokerface explained:
I make music, but I don’t do voice-overs every day of the week, and their characters are so awesomely convincing and sincere and wild and funny.
I had to remind myself constantly of the sincerity of the humor. That’s what I was trying to focus on, not putting on a character too much and really being as sincere as I could with the lines. My dad’s probably going to do eighty backflips when the episode comes out.

The episode will air in the 23rd season of the long running show.

Kairi

Reaction score
Christina Aguilera is furious over an Internet report implying that she beat her son Max and gave him a black eye ... and now TMZ has learned she's threatening to sue.

Aguilera's attorney, Eric Greenspan, fired off a letter to MediaTakeOut.com ... after the site published a story under the headline, "CHILD ABUSE???? CHRISTINA AGUILERA'S SON IS PHOTO'D WITH A BLACK EYE!!!"

Greenspan writes, "Christina is a wonderful mother and was not present in the park when Max fell and hurt himself."

He adds, "To imply that she had something to do with this incident, without any investigation on your part whatsoever, is reckless and unconscionable."

After threatening to pursue legal action against the site, Greenspan concludes, "HAVE YOU NO SHAME!!!!"

MTO has since removed the child abuse reference from the headline.
<!-- / message -->

Kairi

Reaction score
It's only August, but Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" has already sold more digital copies than any other song has in any calendar year. Adele's song has sold 4,825,000 copies since the beginning of the year. The previous champ, the Black Eyed Peas' "Boom Boom Pow," sold 4,762,000 digital copies in 2009.
While Adele has set a new digital-era record for most sales in a calendar year, Elton John's "Candle In The Wind 1997" continues to hold the overall Nielsen SoundScan record for most sales in a calendar year. His ballad, which he unveiled at Princess Diana's funeral service on Sept. 6, 1997, sold 8,111,000 physical copies in the U.S. that year.

"Candle In The Wind 1997" brought Elton a Grammy for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance, but it wasn't eligible for Song of the Year because it was a rewrite of a song he first released in 1973. "Rolling In The Deep" will take everything in sight when the Grammys are presented in February.
Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" tops the Hot 100 for the second straight week. All five of Perry's #1 singles from Teenage Dream have logged two or more weeks on top. By contrast, only two of Michael Jackson's five #1 singles from Bad logged two weeks on top: "Bad" and "Man In The Mirror."
I have one last Perry/Jackson nugget. Perry co-wrote all five of her #1 singles from Teenage Dream. Jackson wrote four of his five #1 hits from Bad, but he didn't have a hand in the writing of "Man In The Mirror" (which was written by Glen Ballard and Siedah Garrett). I think "Man In The Mirror" is the best song on the album and one of the best recordings of Jackson's career. I give him credit for putting his ego aside and recognizing a great song, no matter who wrote it.
Lil Wayne's Tha Carter IV will enter the chart at #1 two weeks from today. A bold prediction? Not at all. Three songs from the album have already made the top 10 on the Hot 100. "6 Foot 7 Foot" (featuring Cory Gunz) reached #9 in January. "How To Love" hit #5 three weeks ago. And "She Will" (featuring Drake) debuts at #3 this week. That's the highest debut since Lady Gaga's "The Edge Of Glory" bowed at #3 in May. It's the highest debut for a rap/sung collabo since "Love The Way You Lie" by Eminem featuring Rihanna bowed at #2 in June 2010.
"She Will" is the 16th top 10 hit for Lil Wayne; the seventh for Drake. Only three other rappers have amassed as many top 10 hits as Lil Wayne. Jay-Z and Ludacris haveeach had 17. Puff Daddy has had 16. "She Will" enters Hot Digital Songs at #1, with first-week sales of 255K.
Shameless Plug: MTV's Video Music Awards will air on Sunday night. Katy Perry's "Firework" and Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" seem to be the front-runners in the race for the top award, Video of the Year. Tomorrow, I'll post a piece in the And The Winner Is file in which I scroll back through the 27 videos that have been voted Video of the Year, from the Cars' "You Might Think" to Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance." I'll include a Pop Quiz in which you can test your knowledge of these videos. Check it out tomorrow.

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;NPjtfyW-aFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPjtfyW-aFg[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;E4a82LRNdlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4a82LRNdlQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;IwX3FdwMCUs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwX3FdwMCUs&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shot: Leona Lewis Snapped In London’s Heathrow Airport

196b494a9a89a4c77ab9aaa914cdf390.jpg

Check out ‘Bleeding Love‘ performer Leona Lewis making her way through London’s Heathrow Airport minutes ago.
Sporting an interesting choice of footwear and a smile possibly brought on by the #16 position of her latest single ‘Collide‘ on Billboard’s US Hot Dance Club Songs chart, the X Factor UK alum was met with fans and paparazzi alike as she graced the airport with her presence.
Many thanks to Leona Web.

Kairi

Reaction score
Just hours after being honoured by MTV and Lady GaGa for her contributions to the world of music videos, Pop icon Britney Spears has generated even more excitement within her fan base by confirming the name of the next single to be lifted from her album ‘Femme Fatale’.
Find out what it is below…

CRIMINAL.

Kairi

Reaction score
new luke bryan

[video=youtube;7HX4SfnVlP4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HX4SfnVlP4[/video]