Pop/Country Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]_wmD3M-BfVo[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Yesterday, the Parents Television Council released a statement slamming the visual for the latest Rihanna single ‘Man Down‘. Now, the Nivea model has hit back at the claims the video endorsed the use of weapons and vigilantism.
Find out what she had to say below…
Taking to her Twitter account just moments ago, she said the following:
‘I’m a 23 year old rockstar with NO KIDS! What’s up with everybody wantin me to be a parent? I’m just a girl, I can only be your/our voice!’
‘Cuz we all know how difficult/embarrassing it is to communicate touchy subject matters to anyone especially our parents!’
‘And this is why!Cuz we turn the other cheek! U can’t hide your kids from society,or they’ll never learn how to adapt!This is the REAL WORLD!’
‘The music industry isn’t exactly Parents R Us! We have the freedom to make art, LET US! Its your job to make sure they dont turn out like US’

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]HXeayz5cIc4[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;HdoF44UnxMA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdoF44UnxMA&feature=topvideos_music[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
eh, the youtube code don't work but i figured it out at least

Kairi

Reaction score
Pop rebel Pink and husband of four years Carey Hart welcomed their first child in the early hours of this morning.
Full story after the jump…

Writing on her official Twitter page, the singer said:
We are ecstatic to welcome our new beautiful healthy happy baby girl, Willow Sage Hart. She’s gorgeous, just like her daddy. #beyondblessed
Congratulations to the happy couple!

Kairi

Reaction score
rihanna's man down video is now blocked by vevo and was took off her youtube page :(

Kairi

Reaction score
Following the dismal sales of her sophomore set ‘The Entertainer’, Pop star Alesha Dixon has been quietly dropped from Asylum Records (Atlantic).
Full story below…

As we reported at the top of the year, Dixon’s postion at the label was immediately cast into doubt after the immense funds pumped into her project could only yield the LP a #84 peak.
It appears the label, her recording home since 2008, opted to cut their losses and severed ties with the Strictly Come Dancing judge last month.
Typically, her management have a different version of events, yet concede to the same end-result. Her manager Malcolm Blair said:
Alesha would like to announce that after discussions with her record label, Asylum/Atlantic, we have decided not to extend her recording contract.
It became clear during our discussions that both Alesha and her label had some creative differences which we were unable to resolve and it was mutually agreed that the best course of action for both parties was to part company on good terms.
Alesha would like to thank Asylum records for their support and hard work over the past 2 albums and wish them all the best going forward.
We are currently in discussions with other labels and look forward to a new record in 2012.
Alesha is proud to have been Asylum Records first platinum selling artist and to have delivered them their first international success with “The Boy Does Nothing” which has now sold almost 1 million copies worldwide and was a top 10 hit in 20 countries. {Source}
When your project delivers such numbers, there’s likely very little discussing to do. Hence, I’m sure the statement is just PR spin to put her on a good footing with other labels. That said, Dixon is somewhat talented – here’s hoping things work out for her in the long run.

Kairi

Reaction score
British fans of Pop sensation Britney Spears have cause to celebrate today, for the 30 year old mother of two has announced that her long awaited ‘Femme Fatale Tour‘ will indeed make its way to the UK.
Ms.Spears will treat supporters in the country to a performance of songs from her extensive back catalogue.

Find out when below…

According to Live Nation, tickets go on sale on June 10th for the following dates:​
OCTOBER 2011
THURSDAY 27 LONDON O2 ARENA
SUNDAY 30 BIRMINGHAM LG ARENA

NOVEMBER 2011
SUNDAY 06 MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS ARENA​

If the last few Britney performances are anything to go by, the only thing her fans can look forward to is a first hand example of how a wigged zombie reacts to pulsating dance music. For one could find more life in the variation of Lil Kim’s facial expressions than they could ever find in a ’showing’ put on by Ms.Spears.

No doubt, juxtaposed to the bright lights, well thought out staging and well rehearsed dancers she will be the least interesting aspect of her own show. The only creative solace that is likely to be found in this affair is the existence of opener Nicki Minaj, who should hopefully liven up the crowd before the ‘Toxic’ singer arrives to pay homage to ‘The Night Of The Living Dead’.

Kairi

Reaction score
Despite being a huge star, many people are still unaware that 38 year old actress Gabrielle Union is a rape survivor. According to Gabby, as a 19 year old college student she was working after hours at a Payless ShoeSource when she was raped at gun point and beaten so badly her own family did not recognize her in the hospital.
“I blanked out and had an out-of-body experience, like I was hovering above seeing this ¬horrible thing happen to someone else—not me,” says Gabrielle, who got through the trauma partly because of an episode of the Oprah Winfrey Show she had seen days before on victims of violent crimes. After her ordeal, she immediately turned to UCLA’s Rape Treatment Center. “It gave me my life back,” she says. “My dignity and self-esteem were gone and they helped me find them again. That’s why I now lobby for state legislatures across the country to help raise funds and awareness for rape crisis centers, and I speak to college girls about what happened to me. My goal is to never hear the words ‘me too’ from someone after I say ‘I was raped.’ ”
Gabrielle continues to speak out on behalf of rape victims and most recently did so via her Twitter page, where she is vigorously defending Rihanna and her controversial “Man Down” video.
#mandown video did a GREAT job of getting the ENTIRE world TALKING abt RAPE. I hope tht it leads 2 HEALING & PREVENTS RAPE” Gabrielle tweeted.

Kairi

Reaction score
BS_IWG_Cover.jpg

Britney's new single cover

Kairi

Reaction score
Gwen Stefani: “My Solo Career Is Over”

She may have amassed more commercial hits solo than she did with the band she stems from, however Gwen Stefani has announced that she has retired her solo act.
Check out what the No Doubt singer’s explanation was after the jump…

“That was a moment in time,” Stefani said of her solo career. “It went on a little longer than we all thought it would, because it was inspired and you have to go with wherever you’re at in that time in your life… [But] everything works out how it should.” {Source}
Thought the ‘Rich Girl’ singer has been on hiatus for almost four years, her comment will no doubt come as a surprise to many. Particularly, as it was widely speculated she took time off to rear her children, as well work on another No Doubt record, before returning with an album of her own.
Still, yours truly always wondered how she’s fit into the current musical climate. For, though her image and music serves as the blue-print of how to successfully flirt with different genres and visual styles, the likes of Fergie and Lady GaGa took it and ran with it. Especially the latter, who has honed it into something bigger – and, as some would argue – better.
That said, one cant take away from Stefani’s impact, one we’ll no doubt be seeing more of as she reunites with her group (pardom the pun). The quartet are reportedly set to release a new LP at the end of the year.

Kairi

Reaction score
With the release of her ‘4’ album just twenty-one days away, it appears Beyonce’s new project has sprung an unexpected leak.
Just weeks after her ‘Till the End of Time’ single made its way online, here comes yet another track that was probably meant to be kept under wraps.
Featuring Andre 3000 and co-produced by Kanye West, ‘Party’ is probably one of the most anticipated tracks off of the new album.
As previously reported, the track features a sample of what is considered by many to be the greatest hip-hop single ever made, Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh’s 1985 monster hit ‘La Di Da Di.’

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;U3cy_jDsXIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U3cy_jDsXIA[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
Perez Hilton[URL="http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif"] [/URL]: You said that she's working on or she's been working on new music.
Nick Cannon: She is she's –
PerezHilton[URL="http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif"] [/URL]: And that you said it's going to be out before the end of the year.
Nick Cannon: I said, I think there will be a record out before the end of the year. I don’t know the album is going to be –
Perez Hilton: Is that still on track to happen?
Nick Cannon: Yeah, it should happen.
Perez Hilton: And whats it going to sound like? Are you giving us a taste, a tease –
Nick Cannon: Like I told you on the radio, if she –
Perez Hilton: You got to listen to the radio because I get a Mariah scoop from him as much as possible.
Nick Cannon: Yeah, she's very inspired by her early work.
Perez Hilton: Which I think is very amazing.
Nick Cannon: She's been listening to her first two albums quite a bit and –
Perez Hilton: Those first two albums. Actually the third album was amazing too. Actually the fourth album. Those first four albums.
Nick Cannon: And that's what she's been listening to.
Perez Hilton: Actually even up until the fifth one which had ″Honey″ on it. You see I know my MariahCarey[URL="http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif"] [/URL]!
Nick Cannon: I think it's going to be good though. I think she — you know because she's ready to bring music back to the game and I think that's her job so she's excited about being able to be musical and bring the voice back.
Perez Hilton: Well, I'm so excited about that. And like I think that radio could really be recep — if she hits the right lane, radio could be receptive because I think we might be at a point where we're danced out.
Nick Cannon: Done with the dance.
Perez Hilton: But you could still have pop that's dancy like ″Someday″. (Perez sings ″Someday″)
Nick Cannon: That's my favorite song. I love that one.
Perez Hilton: I love that song too.
Nick Cannon: She does not. She doesn’t.
Perez Hilton: No?
Nick Cannon: She thinks I'm making fun of her every time I sing it.
Perez Hilton: No, I love that song.
Nick Cannon: I was like that was, that video was the video when I fell in love with Mariah Carey.
Perez Hilton: She doesn’t love that song?