Pop/Country Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
For someone who cannot find her singing voice, country singer Shania Twain sure is talking a lot — especially about the marital betrayal she endured when her husband cheated on her with her best friend. Twain is a brave women for speaking so openly about such a crippling event in her life, so if her goal is to help other women who’ve endured the same crisis, then she is certainly succeeding.

On the second episode of her new reality show, ‘Why Not? With Shania Twain’ (which airs on the OWN), Twain opened up even more, traveling to Northern Ontario in Canada to a little town called Huntsville, which is nestled between her hometown and Toronto. The area reminds Twain of a “transitional time in my life,” as it marked the loss of her parents and her career taking off, so it’s bittersweet for her — and she doesn’t hide it for the cameras.

At that time, Twain had two young brothers to care for, and she was left wondering how to economically cope and had to decide whether or not to abandon her musical aspirations, since live singing in a bar was not the most efficient way to support a family. But Twain took a job at Deerhurst in Huntsville, which she credits with keeping her in music. Footage of Twain from that era shows the singer sporting big hair and lots of makeup, but her voice is unmistakable.

Twain admitted she had never worn heels or worked with dancers, so the gig yanked her out of her comfort zone. On this episode, she submerged full on into uncomfortable situations and comes full circle by returning to the Deerhurst stage to practice, but she still can’t find her signing voice, blaming it on the room (it’s too dry) and the fact that sometimes you don’t have it every night. She was clearly not enjoying herself.

Twain also returned to her old songwriting cabin in a remote area of Canada and recalled her songwriting partnership with her now ex-husband, uber private producer Robert “Mutt” Lange. The pair produced albums that sold in excess of 75 million copies, so clearly, they had a fruitful relationship. Twain looked wistful and sad when she mused that “it really worked” about what they accomplished. There appeared to be some deep, unsettled pain and love in that moment.

Twain talked about how the demands of her professional career wore her down to the point where she felt like nothing more than a professional and that while she was doing everything, she wasn’t doing anything well. She speaks in detail about her split with Lange and how she discovered that her best friend whom she had confided in had an affair with her husband, saying, “I was like the child whose dog got run over by a car and no one wanted to tell me.” The rawness of the pain is evident.

Next, Twain met with the author whose books helped her deal with the disintegration of her marriage. She spoke positively of her ex-husband despite what he did to her, and wondered if people really need therapists, suggesting that we should stand on our own two feet. Twain doesn’t need a therapist when she has this show to channel her emotions through!

She met with a friend of her sister’s who also had a friend cheat with her husband, and the two went skydiving together. Adventure is part of Twain’s therapy, and so is the camera. It only makes the hugely successful singer seem more reachable and more real.

Kairi

Reaction score
Lady Gaga lets her “Hair” down with the latest release off her upcoming album Born This Way (May 23). Produced by RedOne and written by Gaga, the electro-club record touts inspirational lyrics about embracing one’s individuality with a sing-song chorus (“I’m as free as my hair”). Clarence Clemons of the E Street Band, who also appears on “The Edge of Glory,” plays the saxophone on the song, which Gaga describes as having a “Bruce Springsteen vibe.”

“Whenever I’m dressed cool, my parents put up a fight/ And if I’m hotshot mom will cut my hair at night/ And in the morning I’m shorn of my identity / I scream, ‘Mom and dad, why can’t I be who I want to be?’” she sings.

Listen to Gaga declare her freedom on the dance floor anthem.

[youtube]Okq8xHrIZ8I[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Trey Songz Hails Beyoncé: ‘She’s the Epitome of Hard Work’

<CENTER>
trey-beyonce.jpg
</CENTER>
Trey Songz has made sweet music with R&B’s leading ladies including Toni Braxton, Keri Hilson, and Ameriie, but when it comes to his favorite female singer, Beyoncé is at the top of his list.

“It will always be Beyoncé, whether it’s this moment or another moment,” he told VINZ.FM during a recent interview. “I think she’s the epitome of hard work and dedication and talent mixed together.”

Trey has been a longtime fan of the “Run the World (Girls)” singer. “I followed her since Destiny’s Child’s first single and I truly think she’s deserving of all that she has,” he continued. “She works extremely hard. She’s an amazing performer, vocalist, and even outside of that, she’s an amazing businesswoman. She’s the perfect model for what an artist can be. She’s branded herself in so many different ways. She’s in those [VIZIO] TV commercials, she’s L’Oreal, she’s done so many different things… Jay-Z. That’s why they call them the king and the queen.”

He previously expressed his desire to collaborate with Mrs. Carter. “I want that powerful duet,” he told “Extra.” “A big ballad kind of like the Usher, Alicia Keys ‘My Boo.’ Maybe one of those. I reached out to Beyoncé. Of course, I asked Jay-Z if that was OK to see what we can do.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Lady Gaga is launching a massive rollout for her third album Born This Way, in stores Monday. The pop phenom has lined up a big release week with an expanded presence at retail and high-profile television appearances.

HITS Daily Double reports that Gaga’s label Interscope Records has high expectations for the project and is shipping a whopping 2 million units to a variety of retail outlets.
You will be able to pick up the album at over 21,000 non-traditional retailers including CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Whole Foods, Costco, Nordstrom, Hot Topic, Radio Shack, Guitar Center, Starbucks, and online at Gilt Groupe.

Her publicity campaign is also about to go into overdrive. After recent appearances on “Oprah” and guesting as a mentor on “American Idol,” Gaga will also perform during the show’s finale on May 26 and be the musical guest on this weekend’s “Saturday Night Live” with host Justin Timberlake.

“Hair,” the fourth release from Born This Way, has entered the top 5 on iTunes, while the title track set a record for the fastest-selling single in iTunes history.

Kairi

Reaction score
Katy Perry’s ‘Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)’ Single Cover
Katy Perry gets quirky on the cover of ‘Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)’, the 5th single to be lifted from her sophomore set ‘Teenage Dream’.
The LP has been a global smash, spawning a successful tour and four Billboard Pop #1’s (namely its title track, ‘California Gurls’, ‘Firework’, and ‘E.T’). There really is no stopping Ms. P!

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]qzFKbm17IBs[/youtube]

Fresh off co-directing Lady Gaga’s “Judas” video, choreographer Laurieann Gibson spoke exclusively with Rap-Up TV about her next projects with the pop megastar. “We’re actually getting ready to shoot ‘Edge of Glory’ and I just directed her Google commercial, so it’s gonna be really fantastic—‘Google for Gaga,’” she said at the BMI Pop Music Awards.

While she wouldn’t reveal too much about the “Edge of Glory” video concept, she did drop one hint: “I just know that we’ll be feeling very fishy.” Any guesses, little monsters?

Gibson, who stars on E!’s “The Dance Scene,” also shared her favorite songs on Gaga’s new album Born This Way, adding, “The writing is genius and there’s lots of things for me to deliver visually.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Pitbull met up with his collaborator Ne-Yo on the dance floor to perform the Miami rapper’s single “Give Me Everything” on “Dancing With the Stars.” The fellas were joined by singer Nayer and some female dancers during their fiery performance in support of Pit’s upcoming album Planet Pit. Watch them heat up the ballroom.

[youtube]jQjn54PShK0[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyoncé, Usher, and Alicia Keys Salute Oprah During Farewell Spectacular

<CENTER>
oprah-farewell-2.jpg
</CENTER>

Oprah’s closest celebrity friends gathered under one roof at Chicago’s United Center for “Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular,” a star-studded send-off to the talk show queen. Everyone from Madonna to Halle Berry was in the building to honor Oprah’s 25th and final season, and the waterworks were in full effect.

Beyoncé kicked off the festivities in a tuxedo leotard with around 40 female dancers to perform her single “Run the World (Girls)” for the first time. According to the Chicago Tribune, the singer received the loudest applause not counting Oprah. The crowd held up blue lights in the arena as she ran through the number twice while the guest of honor danced along.

For the second act, Alicia Keys accompanied Dr. Maya Angelou on piano as she recited a poem about Oprah. Then Oprah’s longtime love Stedman Graham took the stage to introduce the legendary Aretha Franklin who brought O to tears with her stirring rendition of “Amazing Grace.”

Power couple Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith showered praise on the media mogul before introducing Jamie Foxx, who sang “Isn’t She Lovely” with Stevie Wonder on piano. Usher capped the evening on a high note with the gospel standard “Oh Happy Day,” bringing out a choir as the show’s other guests joined them for one final sing along.

Oprah’s teary-eyed farewell special airs May 23 and 24. Have your Kleenex handy.

Kairi

Reaction score
Jessie J has taken the world by storm with her undeniable talent. Yet, in an industry where the more accessible you are, the more successful you are, the Essex-bred belter has decided to open up about her sexuality.
No secret to her British fans, J has spoken on being Bi-Sexual previously. However, the ‘Price Tag’ singer does so for the first time on a US platform in OUT’s ‘Hot List’.
Full story below…

<!-- p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Calibri} -->
On being bi-sexual but refusing to turn her sexuality into some kind of crusade:
“If you love somebody and they’re the same sex as you, you should be able to marry them and you should be able to have children with them, but I don’t feel that sexuality should define anyone…Everybody’s life is their own and they have their own faith and religion and sexuality, and I don’t think I want to shove anything down people’s throats.”

The powerhouse also spoke on being under-the-radar in the States:
On her still somewhat under-the-radar persona in the US:
“It’s quite nice to be able to walk around without people wanting a picture or running over to me…I recently had a bit of a panic attack [in London], like a moment of I can’t go out by myself anymore!“…”At the end of the day I’ve spent seven years preparing for this, and if I wasn’t aware of the fact that your independence gets taken away and that your life isn’t the same, then I couldn’t really do the job…You’ve just got to embrace it.”

Kairi

Reaction score
A decade after making her debut, Alicia Keys is reminiscing on the album that propelled her to stardom. The Grammy-winning songstress will release Deluxe and Collector’s 10th Anniversary editions of her breakthrough songs in A minor, which has sold over 11 million copies worldwide.

Available in a 2-CD Deluxe Edition and a 2-CD/1-DVD Collector’s Edition, the 10th Anniversary sets feature songs in A minor era bonus tracks, demos, live performances, and more.
The two-disc Deluxe Edition will include the original songs in A minor in its entirety along with a second disc featuring two previously unreleased songs: the funky blues demo for “If I Was Your Woman” and an early version of “Typewriter,” recorded in Alicia’s Harlem apartment in 1997. The second disc also includes “A Woman’s Worth (Remix)” featuring Nas, the mixtape version of “Juiciest,” “Fallin’” from the Ali soundtrack, and “Butterflyz (The Drumline Mix).”
The three-disc 10th Anniversary Collector’s Edition contains the complete original album plus a second CD with the previously unreleased tracks “Ghetto Man” featuring Poet muMs da Schemer, “I Won’t (Crazy World)” (an original song from Alicia’s first demo), and “Girlfriend (KrucialKeys Sista Girl Mix – The U.K. Video Remix Edit).”
To commemorate the milestone, Alicia will perform songs from the album at New York’s Beacon Theatre on June 30 for the “Piano & I: A One Night Only Event with Alicia Keys.”
See the tracklistings below.
songs in A minor – 10th Anniversary (Deluxe Edition):
Disc 1 – Original Album
1. Piano & I
2. Girlfriend
3. How Come You Don’t Call Me
4. Fallin’
5. Troubles
6. Rock Wit U
7. A Woman’s Worth
8. Jane Doe
9. Goodbye
10. The Life
11. Mr. Man (duet with Jimmy Cozier)
12. Never Felt This Way (interlude)
13. Butterflyz
14. Why Do I Feel So Sad
15. Caged Bird
16. Lovin U

Disc 2
1. A Woman’s Worth (Remix) featuring Nas
2. Juiciest (Mixtape Version)
3. If I Were Your Woman (Funky Blues Demo)*
4. Fallin’ (Ali Soundtrack Version)
5. Typewriter (From the songs in A minor vault)*
6. Butterflyz (The Drumline Mix)
Enhanced CD features “A Harlem Love Story” (“Fallin’”/“A Woman’s Worth”): The story behind the inspiration for these two videos, featuring new narration by Alicia Keys.
* previously unreleased

songs in A minor – 10th Anniversary (Collector’s Edition):
Disc 1 – Original Album
1. Piano & I
2. Girlfriend
3. How Come You Don’t Call Me
4. Fallin’
5. Troubles
6. Rock Wit U
7. A Woman’s Worth
8. Jane Doe
9. Goodbye
10. The Life
11. Mr. Man (duet with Jimmy Cozier)
12. Never Felt This Way (interlude)
13. Butterflyz
14. Why Do I Feel So Sad
15. Caged Bird
16. Lovin U

Disc 2
1. A Woman’s Worth (Remix) featuring Nas
2. Juiciest (Mixtape Version)
3. If I Were Your Woman (Funky Blues Demo)*
4. Ghetto Man featuring Poet muMs da Schemer*
5. Fallin’ (Ali Soundtrack Version)
6. Typewriter (From the songs in A minor vault)*
7. Butterflyz (The Drumline Mix)
8. I Won’t (Crazy World) (From the songs in A minor vault)
9. Girlfriend (KrucialKeys Sista Girl Mix – The U.K. Video Remix Edit)
10. I Got a Little Something (Live In Seattle)*
11. Piano Mashup (Live In Seattle)*
12. Light My Fire (Live In Seattle)*
* previously unreleased

Disc 3 – Bonus DVD
songs in A minor documentary
“A Harlem Love Story” video
“Girlfriend” promotional video
“How Come You Don’t Call Me” promotional video

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]jYa1eI1hpDE[/youtube]

new t. swift

Kairi

Reaction score
bey season

[youtube]VBmMU_iwe6U[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Skylar Gray has helped Eminem and Rihanna, Diddy-Dirty Money, and Dr. Dre score chart-topping hits, and now she’s applying the magic to herself. One of this year’s breakthrough talents, the singer-songwriter described what we can expect from her Wonderland Music/Interscope Records debut, which was executive produced by hitmaker Alex Da Kid.
A buzz single will be released “within the next couple of weeks” followed by the album in the fall. “I’m going to put out a buzz single first and then do the official single in June and the album in the fall,” the Grammy nominee told Rap-Up TV at the BMI Pop Music Awards.
“Sonically I can tell you that every song sounds different and it’s really diverse, kind of going from cinematic to fun to dark. Alex and I really push each other creatively, which I think is good. Sometimes it’s painful and I get stubborn and he gets stubborn, but that’s what makes the music so great.”

While she may be known for her big name collabos, she’s keeping the features to a minimum on her album. “Right now I only have one feature on my album, but it’s somebody you would never expect.”

[youtube]D9GLCQM4rK4[/youtube]