Pop/Country Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
nicole s full video

[youtube]t-vTaktsUSw[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
beyonce teaser video

[youtube]coXU7AbqwWA[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
katy perry's interview

Via Vanity Fair:
“I didn’t have a childhood,” she says, adding that her mother never read her any books except the Bible, and that she wasn’t allowed to say “deviled eggs” or “Dirt Devil.” Perry wasn’t even allowed to listen to secular music and relied on friends to sneak her CDs. “Growing up, seeing Planned Parenthood, it was considered like the abortion clinic,” she tells Robinson. “I was always scared I was going to get bombed when I was there…. I didn’t know it was more than that, that it was for women and their needs. I didn’t have insurance, so I went there and I learned about birth control.”

“I think sometimes when children grow up, their parents grow up,” Perry says of her evangelical-minister parents. “Mine grew up with me. We coexist. I don’t try to change them anymore, and I don’t think they try to change me. We agree to disagree. They’re excited about [my success]. They’re happy that things are going well for their three children and that they’re not on drugs. Or in prison.” Perry’s mother confirms that she is proud of her daughter’s success, telling Robinson, “The Lord told us when I was pregnant with her that she would do this.”

Kairi

Reaction score
She can sing, act, top best-dressed lists and serve up an A-level Nicki Minaj impression. But it takes a special sort of talent to MC the carnival of pop, glitz and high-decibel squealing that is the MuchMusic Video Awards.
Selena Gomez is this year’s celebrity co-host, and the 18-year-old is up for the challenge — she’s “stoked,†even.
Q: I was hoping you might sneak some rapping in. Your video of Nicki Minaj’s “Super Bass†is pretty amazing.
A: Ha ha ha! That’s a good idea! Yeah!

Q: What chance is there that’d happen?
A: I don’t know, but that’s the first time I’ve heard that, and that’s pretty awesome. I want to rap on my tour this summer, my first headlining tour. I’m trying to incorporate that in the set.

Q: The same Nicki Minaj cover, or what would you be doing?
A: I think I want to do that [“Super Bassâ€]. We’re thinking about writing something, but I’m a horrible rapper, so I think we’ll do something by Nicki Minaj because I love her.

Kairi

Reaction score
Christina Aguilera reunites with DJ Premier for new album

The producer heavily produced on her 2006 album ‘Back to Basics’ where he was given full reign to five songs. When she started recording for her ill fated 2010 album ‘Bionic’, they hooked up once again. Premier revealed in an interview that she recorded nine of his tracks but none of them made the cut.

The reason being was that the label were concerned the songs would not fit with the concept of the album, which was “futuristic”. This nagging little word was what she would often throw around during her promo rounds. Sadly for her, it didn’t pay off and the album flopped horribly. Let’s hope his songs make the album this time and she finally resorts to making music close to her heart. She doesn’t need to compete with Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Rihanna because she’s her own artist.

Kairi

Reaction score
Official: Cheryl Cole Confirmed As X-Factor USA Judge

For months, there has been mounting speculation surrounding Cheryl Cole’s involvement with the US incarnation of the X-Factor.

However an official announcement today has ended such talk; confirming that the singer will indeed serve on the judging panel of the hit show when it debuts on Fox this Fall.
Full story after the jump…

Hailed by the British media as being ‘the nation’s sweetheart’, the performer has consistently come under fire from the public for her incessant lip-syncing, lack of talent, and lack of right to judge others. This, however, didn’t appear to phase Simon Cowell and Fox producers, whose actions will now see the ’singer’ sit beside Cowell and industry heavyweight L.A. Reid.
Speaking on the move, Cole said in a statement:
“I’m so excited to be taking part in the American version of The X Factor. I absolutely love it here in the UK, and with the talent they have out in America, I’m sure we’re going to find someone very special. I can’t wait to get started.
“I just can’t decide whether I am more excited to find and nurture the talent or for the unbelievable amount of amusement and entertainment I will have watching Simon doing everything and anything he can to beat me. He’s tried to beat me for three years in the UK, and hasn’t even come close. His ego must be so bruised. America is gonna love this.”
With Cowell adding:
“I’m thrilled for Cheryl. She is massively excited about this show, and has been fantastic to work with. She is also a complete brat! Most importantly, this girl can spot talent.”
One more judge is set to be revealed ahead of tomorrow’s filmed auditions.
Needless to say, like many, I’m wondering what Simon and co are smoking. Like, Cheryl Cole. Really?…

….Really?

Still, being well versed up on the Cassie’s and Rihanna’s of this world, I’m sure US visitors will be quick to call BS. Because whether served on a plate or platter, this is BS in its finest form.

Kairi

Reaction score
New Song: Jordin Sparks – ‘I Am Woman’

Jordin Sparks has been out of the limelight for a minite, however that changed today with the surfacing of her brand new single ‘I Am Woman’. The high-octane, empowering cut is set to feature on her as yet untitled third studio album – due later this year.

The ‘American Idol’ winner describes the track as being “about different aspect of the lives of women.”

Get familiar with the song below…

listen here

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/05/song-jordin-sparks-i-woman/

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]wagn8Wrmzuc[/youtube]

new gaga

Kairi

Reaction score
Mixtape Cover: Teairra Mari – ‘Now or Never’

teairra-now-or-never.jpg

Teairra Mari is quickly becoming the queen of mixtapes. The R&B dominatrix busts out the chains on the naughty cover for her latest tape Now or Never hosted by DJ Scream. In the tantalizing photo, the seductress dons a leather bra and laced-up pants with a thick long braid. The free download drops over Memorial Day weekend on May 30 featuring the single “Not in Love.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Steve Jones and Nicole Scherzinger have won the jobs of hosts of Simon Cowell’s US version of The X-Factor, a source close to the show tells The Hollywood Reporter.

A formal announcement is expected shortly. Jones and Scherzinger will join the highly-anticipated singing competition on Sunday, when its judges rounds kick off in Los Angeles. The show will air in September on Fox.

Jones, 34, is unknown to U.S. audiences but he’s hosted big live TV shows in the UK including T4 Music.

The hosts join previously announced judges Cowell, Cheryl Cole and Antonio “L.A” Reid. The fate of Paula Abdul, who is said to be negotiating to join the judges’ panel, is still unclear.

Kairi

Reaction score
Jordin Sparks Debuts New Anthem 'I Am Woman' and Dishes on Her New Body

You may still picture Jordin Sparks as the fresh-faced, youngest-ever 'American Idol' champ that she was at 17. But now, five years later, Jordin is establishing her superstar status, laying her signature powerhouse vocals over a new dance anthem, 'I Am Woman,' which illustrates her evolved image -- complete with a newly svelte figure after losing 30 pounds recently. But the chart-topping singer isn't entirely grown up; she will hold on to her youth and her love for the boy-band era this summer when she opens for New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys on their NKOTBSB tour.

AOL Music caught up with Jordin to get the details on her drastic body makeover, her crush on actor Jake Gyllenhaal and how she's working her tush off including incorporating choreography into her performance for the first time in her career.

What is the message of your new single, 'I Am Woman'?

'I Am Woman' is a song about different aspects of the lives of women. It could be a mother, a performer, a woman working in a corporate space -- it's all about what we go through as women and how our lives are so crazy. Walk a mile in my shoes, or in my stilettos, if you dare and see what happens. It's all about the strengths that a woman has: how we can multitask and carry so much, yet still always be on point when we need to be and on cue when we need to be. It's all about the amazingness of a woman.

The public got to know you on 'American Idol' when you were 17 years old. Did you feel the need to establish yourself as a woman to the industry and to your public?

People change and develop different mindsets. I turned 21 in December, and it was really funny because I was sitting and thinking about it and I thought, "You know what? Most people still have me carved in their minds as the person I was the last time they saw me," which for a lot of people was on 'American Idol' when I was 17. And I won, and I was the youngest winner ever and still am. A lot of people still have that in their heads and I've been greeted with "Oh, how's school?" and things like that.

So I said, "OK! Let's just evolve a little bit and grow up a little bit," and my people see that. It's not like I'm trying to be like "I'm a woman now. I can't do anything that has to do with being young," but I'm in that transitional phase of going from a young lady to a woman and discovering who I am and being proud of that. I just want to show that more than anything. And you know, a lot of my fans are growing up with me and going through the same things. So, that was the message I wanted to get across in the song. I like clothes; I will keep my clothes on! [laughs]

Speaking of keeping clothes on ... You posted a personal photo of yourself posing in an itty-bitty bikini on your Twitter page just a few days ago ...

[Laughs] Yes! Well, I was going to go lay out and I was taking a picture, because I loved the bathing suit I was in. And it turned out so good and I was like, "Should I post this? Should I not? Should I post this, should I not? I have no idea. I don't know what to do!" So, it was a battle.

So you wanted to show off your new body. How did you lose all that weight?

Something just clicked with me back in December and I said, "You know what? Instead of just talking about being active, I'm just going to go do it." A lot of things happened like being active and making better choices, better portion control, nothing crazy. I made chicken alfredo last night for me and my friends, so it's nothing crazy. But instead of having three servings, just eat slowly and go with one and see if you're still hungry after.

Did you feel any pressure from the industry to slim down? You told People earlier in your career that you were "comfortable" in your own skin and that you liked your curves. What changed?

I thought I looked good then as well! I think I look good at any shape or size. I did just turn 21 so ... how do I explain this with out offending anyone? Let me put it this way, I'm still pretty young and its just one of those things that just happened. It wasn't as if I was like, "Oh my God, every body else is so skinny and I have to be like that and be just like them." It wasn't that at all. It was just that I know I feel better when I'm more active and I know that it will do well for me in the long run. My schedule is getting so insane and I would much rather be healthy.

Every time someone sees a slimmed-down picture of me it's not because I felt the pressure of the girl next to me being size 2, so I have to be that way too. It's just making the choice for myself to be healthier, because I know that I'm less sick when I'm more active, I have more energy when I'm more active. And I definitely need all the energy I can get with this new song!

Yes, 'I Am Woman' is a pretty high energy, empowering female anthem. Who are some of your female role models?

In the industry, Gwen Stefani: [she's] definitely the epitome of female empowerment. I love how she rocks that red lipstick no matter where she goes. She has a great fashion sense and she's comfortable with herself. You see her in pictures from way back when, and she's always been comfortable with who she is. Having the blue hair and doing crazy things -- it's just really cool to see someone like that. She's beautiful and she was a mentor when I was on 'Idol,' which made me love her even more. In my personal life, my mom and my grandmothers are all so strong and they just go to show the power of working and having kids and wanting to do your own thing and taking care of business.

'I Am Woman' was co-written and produced by Ryan Tedder and you also collaborated with John Legend on a track for the new album. Who else are you working with?

I worked with John, I worked with Ryan and we also did another song called 'The World I Knew' for the Disney movie 'African Cats.' That was a lot of fun; I love working with Ryan. We did [the 2009 album] 'Battlefield' together, so I knew this was going to be great. I'm still in the studio recording. I have the single and we're trying to find songs that are just as good -- some slow songs, some mid-tempos, we have 'I Am Woman,' which is up-tempo. I worked with the Underdogs again, who did [the 2008 single] 'No Air' with me. I'm working with a whole bunch of different people and just seeing what we can come up with in the studio.

And at the same time, you are touring this summer as the opening act for New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys.

[Squeals] I'm very excited! I was excited before, but then last week I got to go to 'Dancing With the Stars' and it happened that they were there performing, and I'm in there thinking "I am going to sing my set, get off the stage and then just stand on the side and watch their set every single night!" I got to talk to them and meet them over the past couple years at awards shows and it's just really cool that I'm able to of this. It's going to be one big party; I can't wait!

Do you still watch 'American Idol' and keep up with the new contestants since your season?

I do. And the thing about 'Idol' is that there is this instant camaraderie when you meet the new contestants. Its this silent understanding, like "I know what you're going through right now, its very crazy, don't worry." I love 'Idol;' I was a fan before I was on it and I've continued to watch it since. I love Jennifer [Lopez], I love Steven [Tyler], and of course Randy [Jackson] is my dog. It's amazing that 'Idol' is still giving all these people who don't think they have a chance a chance to do amazing things.

Do you have a favorite contestant from this current season?

I have a favorite, I just don't want to give a name because I know how it feels to be in there and hear someone name somebody, and it's like "I'm not their favorite?" I do have my favorite and I do vote ... I'd just feel so bad! Well, I'll tell you that I was in shock when Casey [Abrams] got the boot, because he was one of my top favorites. But he'll be fine and like Jennifer said, I'm going to be there front row at one of his shows as well.

You recently starred in the Tony Award-winning Broadway show 'In the Heights.' Do you have any plans to continue acting?

I would love to! It just all comes down to timing and the perfect project. I was sent a couple of scripts and I was really excited about that, but with the new single, the timing just didn't work. But I would absolutely love to do more acting.

You've already accomplished so much at such a young age. What other goals do you have for yourself and your career?

I would love to still be singing. I don't think I'll ever stop singing, whether professionally or maybe 10 years from now in a coffee shop; I want to be happy. I think of all these different things that I could be doing, but I don't want to be burnt out. Longevity is what I'm aiming for. I want to continue doing what I'm doing now, maybe have a significant other on the side and maybe be married with some kids, but I don't know. You can't plan those kinds of things, they just happen.

So a significant other ... anything going on right now in that department?

Actually, no! [Laughs] There isn't. I was talking to [singer-songwriter] Steph [Jones] for a while and we just decided it would be better if we were friends and he's really cool. He's a really good friend of mine. But I am single and I am loving it!

Any celebrity crushes?

There are so many amazing guys! Jake Gyllenhal with those baby-blue eyes. He's very cute. I am completely open to those things; maybe if someone comes along we'll see what happens! But, it's not my main focus right now.

What is your main focus at the moment?

My main focus is the single and the choreography that I am going to be doing for it, which is going to be so different because it's something that I've never done before. I'm super excited about that. Everything is still in the early stages. I'm still looking for an amazing director to do the video and we'll see what happens, but this time around I'm really trying to step my game up. I want to evolve, not so much that people don't know who I am still, but I'm experimenting with different things and different sounds and adding choreography is definitely different. So I'm excited! And I want to just say thank you to all of my fans for all of the support and I hope they like the new music.

Kairi

Reaction score
New Music: The Lonely Island f/ Santigold – ‘After Party’

The party turns ugly on “After Party,” the Santigold-assisted cut from The Lonely Island’s second album Turtleneck & Chain, in stores Tuesday. After the last bottle of Dom is popped, frontman Andy Samberg asks himself, “What the hell am I doing with my life?” before spiraling out of control with teary-eyed calls to mom and plenty of self-gratification. Santigold joins the pity party, which ends with an epiphany (“You can’t spend your whole life jerking off”) and a relapse. Spare us the invite.

Listen Here
http://www.rap-up.com/2011/05/07/new-music-the-lonely-island-f-santigold-after-party/

Kairi

Reaction score
With anticipation for Lady GaGa’s ‘Born This Way’ LP intensifying, the singer begins the countdown to its release with new promotional single ’The Edge Of Glory‘. Due on iTunes tomorrow, the Fernando Garibay penned cut is described as being a Techno-Rock Power Ballad.

Beyond a simple buzz track, the record has deeper significance for the singer, who wrote it after the death of her Grandfather last September.

“The song is about your last moment on earth, the moment of truth, the moment before you leave earth,” she said. “It can be played on the piano, but it’s actually set to this giant, huge, techno rock, Springsteen-esque dance beat.”

While you can judge for yourself tomorrow, check out the single’s Nick Knight shot cover below.

Lady-GAGA-The-Edge-Of-Glory.jpg

Kairi

Reaction score
Mariah Carey, Rihanna, Katy Perry. Just a few of the names touted to join the judging panel of the X Factor USA. However, after scoring an own-goal signing up Pop nonentity Cheryl Cole, the show’s producer’s have arguably made another faux pas by looking backward and not forward.
For, former American Idol judge Paula Abdul has been officially unveiled as the fourth and final judge on the Fox show.
Full story below…

With filmed auditions set to commence today, confirmation of the show’s last judge was imminent; with speculation put to rest upon Abdul’s arrival at the LA shoot just moments ago (click here for pic)
The 48 year old joins Cowell, LA Reid, and British singer Cheryl Cole on the judging panel. Pop vixen Nicole Scherzinger and UK presenter Steve Jones are to host.
First airing in the UK in 2006, the X Factor quickly established itself as the most watched entertainment series here, successfully launching the careers of Leona Lewis, JLS, and Alexandra Burke. Its US incarnation kicks off this Fall on Fox.
Update:

Fox have released an official press release with words from Simon Cowell and Abdul.
Speaking on reuniting with the Paula, Cowell said: “This show would never have been the same without Paula and I can’t believe I am saying this – I have missed her a lot, and I am thrilled she’s on the show.

With Abdul adding: “I am excited beyond words to be a part of THE X FACTOR. I couldn’t be happier to bring my love for cultivating talent and performance to such a wildly anticipated show. I’m looking forward to being back with the FOX/FremantleMedia family and know that it will be an extraordinary journey — we’re going to have a blast. I’m also delighted and grateful to be sitting next to Simon again…but you might want to check back with me in a week or two!”

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]gi2AU-R1COQ[/youtube]

new version w/ wayne in the video, don't know why this wasn't rolled out as the original just honestly