Pop/Country Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
new rihanna

[youtube]nhBorPm6JjQ[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
She may lack much of the spark which made her a global phenomenon, but Britney Spears‘ promotional machine shows no signs of circuit breaking. For, after top-10 single success with ‘Hold It Against Me’ and ‘Till The World Ends’, the singer is set to release another single from her ‘Femme Fatale’ LP.
Find out which it’ll be after the jump…

According to MTV, the Max Martin produced ‘I Wanna Go’ will serve as the official third single from Gold-certified set.

Details on it’s accompanying video are expected shortly. Although, we anticipate more stiff routines, body doubles, and rapid edits. After all, it is “Britney, b*tch’.

Kairi

Reaction score
Lady GaGa has once again proven that when it comes to scoring #1’s, her monsters will do anything to get her there. For, just one day after its surfacing, new promotional single ‘The Edge Of Glory’ has hit #1 on iTunes.

Full story after the jump…

This incredible feat will, no doubt, come as phenomenal news for the 25 year old; whose team are releasing a buzz single a week to heighten anticipation for the singer’s upcoming ’Born This Way‘ LP (due May 23rd).

With ‘Glory’ now sitting at the top of the digital tally, it’s almost certain to have major impact on the Billboard Hot 100 this coming week. Ironically, it’ll likely steamroll past her current release ‘Judas‘ on the chart – having already done so on the iTunes chart (the RedOne produced cut currently sits at #10)

More commercially potent than ever, the first week sales of ‘Born This Way’ should make for an interesting watch. For both Ms. Germonatta and her rivals.

Kairi

Reaction score
Jordin Sparks Says Breakup Led to Weight Loss

Jordin Sparks cuts a much thinner figure when she slides into the Mint Jubilee Celebration benefiting cancer research held surrounding the Kentucky Derby at the Palace Theatre in Louisville.

“Black is slimming,” she laughs.

The American Idol winner, 21, talks about how heartbreak inspired her to lose weight Jennifer Hudson-style.

“I’m actually single right now, so that is the thing that’s changed [when I lost weight],” she tells me before performing for an audience that includes Kris Allen, Aubrey O’Day, Real Housewives of Orange County’s Vicki Gunvalson and Linda Davis, the mother of Lady Antebellum’s Hillary Scott.

“I turned 21 in December, and you know how everybody starts thinking about New Year’s resolutions by the end of December, and all that stuff? I was like ‘I’m going to start right now.’ I’m going to start right now, and I’m going to go hike that mountain that’s in my backyard. I stuck with it. I decided to make it a priority instead of just talking about it.”

How has she changed her diet?

“I haven’t actually, aside from the fact that I’m eating better proportions I guess,” she says. “I made chicken alfredo the other night, and I made some cupcakes the other night. It’s eating smaller, and actually thinking about whether I’m hungry or not. Instead of being like ‘I love food and I’m going to eat more,’ I’m taking my time.”

For now, Jordin is enjoying sharing the perks of fame.

“It’s my first time at the Derby, which is pretty crazy. I knew it was a huge deal, but I didn’t know how big it was until I got here. But I’m most excited because my grandpa’s going to be with me. This is a big deal for him. He’s like ‘Jordin, do you realize this history?’ He gets in tonight, so I’m excited to share this with him.”

Her grandpa is a lucky guy – he gets to watch Jordin perform the National Anthem the following day at the Kentucky Derby. He must be so proud!

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna-Man-Down-051111-400x300.jpg

On to the next one! After premiering her video for “California King Bed,” Rihanna is now debuting the new cover art for her single “Man Down.”

We won’t have to wait to long to see the video for the sexy pop star’s newest track.
Rihanna described the song to MTV News, saying:

“The special thing in that song is the fact that it’s a female singing those lyrics, then you have that reggae thing and the chant; the overall energy in that song is so gangsta. It’s got a lot of swagger. I really enjoy it.”

Kairi

Reaction score
<!-- BEGIN POST -->Friday, May 13th 2011
Willow Smith Announces New Single; Releases Snippet

Willow Smith may have whipped the industry into a frenzy last year with ‘Whip My Hair’, however follow-up effort ’21st Century Girl’ fizzled upon release this March.
Hoping the masses forget the latter’s #99 peak on the Billboard Hot 100, Smith’s team have announced plans for a 3rd single.

Find out what it is after the jump…

According to AOL Music, the child wonder (10) is to release ‘Rock Star’ as her next single offering. The personality-packed cut serves as the audio backdrop in this promo clip of the youngster preparing for her Kids Choice Awards 2011 performance.

Check it out:

<OBJECT codeBase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000 width=500 height=380>

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="380" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_5TuA2PP0Mw&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></OBJECT>
</P>
Jury’s still out on this one. However, with the initial novelty surrounding Willow having worn off, it’s important her material doesn’t just deliver -it has to knock the ball out the park. Way out. Which judging by this, it doesn’t.

Still, aged just 10; Ms. Smith posses talent and charisma acts double, even triple, her age can only wish for (“oh na na”). Hence, her future remains blindingly bright.

Kairi

Reaction score
Regina Symphony Orchestra* with guest artists Jeans 'n Classics

Conexus Arts Centre
Saturday, 8 p.m.

The Regina Symphony Orchestra is paying tribute to the music of Michael Jackson on Saturday with a special concert featuring guest artists Jeans 'n Classics, a group of rock musicians who team up with orchestras.

Regina audiences last were exposed to Jeans 'n Classics' work when the group partnered with the RSO for ABBAmania last year. The group offers a wide variety of shows and the Michael Jackson one is a recent addition to the menu, said Peter Brennan, the company's owner.

"About three or four months after Michael Jackson died, one of the singers who's featured in the show, Gavin Hope, said, 'Are you thinking what I'm thinking or are we being tacky?' I said, 'Yeah, I think we should.'

"We wanted to put the show together to remind everyone, 'Hey, look at what he did.' Regardless of all the problems he'd gone through, you realized what an unbelievable musical god he was and what his legacy was."

The show features some music that goes all the way back to the early Jackson Five and continues through to Michael's early solo career. The inventory of music goes as far forward as 1988's "Man in the Mirror," Brennan said.

"It's a very cool show and it was an awful lot of fun putting it together," Brennan said. "You don't come away sad from it. You come away happy from it. Gavin Hope is totally the star, but he doesn't try to be a Michael clone. But what he does a great job of is singing it all, and also he's been known to dance. There are an additional seven people on stage - three female backup singers and a four-piece band."
Jeans 'n Classics, which offers 45 different shows - "quite literally from James Bond to Led Zeppelin," Brennan said - will be playing for the third time in Regina on Saturday night.

"Our whole thing is to take pop or rock music and present it with an orchestra," he said. "And by that I mean not to lose anything that was integral or vital about the pop song in the first place - it's not Muzak or a toned-down treatment. It's a proper band and vocals.

"But we're always very mindful of on one hand, that respect factor to the original piece and on the other hand, we very much involve the orchestra. They're a busy and vital part of it and not a backup scenario.

We're very careful and mindful not to do that. The listeners will hear 'Thriller' featuring a 56-piece orchestra."

Jeans 'n Classics does about 80 concerts every year across North America and has done some shows in Europe. It attracts a wide variety of age groups, according to Brennan.

"People who are 70 years old are clapping along," he said of the Michael Jackson show when performed elsewhere. "It's very great music and you realize how strong all that material was. For Michael fans, they will hear what they want to hear. For people wondering what we're all about, you will hear this combination of a rock band with an orchestra, which is an amazing sound. We've been doing this for 17 years now and we only do orchestra shows. It's a very different, totally live musical experience. No tapes. No tracks."

Kairi

Reaction score
Pop sensation Nicole Scherzinger has confirmed the US date of release for her album ‘Killer Love‘. This comes just days after the confirmation that she will star as a host on X Factor USA.
Find out when the project is to hit the States after the jump…

August 16th is the date fans of the ‘Baby Love‘ singer will be able to purchase the US incarnation of the LP. Featuring five new tracks (including contributions from RedOne, R Kelly and Jim Jonsin), the record was released in the United Kingdom back in March, peaking there at #8.

After the shambles that was the ‘Her Name Is Nicole‘ project, all eyes will no doubt be on the ‘Poison’ performer to see whether she sinks or swims. Given the backing we hear Universal Music are about to give her, it needs to be the latter.

Kairi

Reaction score
Chris Brown’s ‘When I Was 17′ = Too Much Information

chris-brown-mtv.jpg

Though it’s only been just a few years since Chris<NOBR style="COLOR: #95181c" id=itxthook0w2nobr class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">Brown </NOBR> was 17, the singer was trench deep into international stardom during his teenage years. On tomorrow’s episode of MTV’s When I Was 17, Chris reminisces on his first taste of fame, sharing tour stories that he might have just wanted to ‘take to the grave.’
“When I was 17, I was going around touring around the world performing, and for the kickoff for one of our tours, I was eating the food that gave me food poisoning. So I got, like, midway through the show, and I just remember my stomach starting bubbling.”
“So I just remember dancing and onstage in the midst of all that, [and] I … sharted? [Necole's note:<--- I'm guessing that's a cross between a fart and a sh*t?]” The crowd didn’t know it, and I had like an outfit change coming up, so I said, ‘Yeah, I can hold it out one more song,’ and this is real disgusting and too descriptive, it was just … I just remember it running down my leg.”
It looks as though Chris just gave a whole new meaning to “the stanky leg” o_O

Kairi

Reaction score
<CENTER>Maxim magazine unveiled their Hot 100 List of 2011 earlier this week at a star-studed affair in Hollywood, California. Some of the brown sistas who made the list this year include Gabrielle Union #81, Nicki Minaj #75, Ciara #67, Zoe Saldana #27 and Rihanna, who came in at #22.</CENTER>

<CENTER>The event was attended by Melanie Fiona, Claudia Jordan, Kelly Rowland and Keri Hilson, who looked so good she should have made the list.</CENTER>

Kairi

Reaction score
229083_2034759551129_1308415624_32382813_3699762_n.jpg

tumblr_ll9fz1liBI1qd0eg0o1_500.png

230575_224897110859267_173211486027830_1083278_3655899_n.jpg

Britney Spears is on the phone from rehearsals in Los Angeles, where she is busy singing, dancing and "It's Britney, bitch"-ing in preparation for her summer tour. She sounds energized and positive, occasionally flashing a wry sense of humor that those who see her only on TV and in the tabloids never glimpse.

"I've worked so hard on this album, so it's really refreshing" Britney says in the upcoming issue for Harper's Bazaar magazine, by Laura Brown, photographs by Alexi Lubomirski.

Kairi

Reaction score
Britney Spears and Mariah Carey may not have much in common, but Photoshop sure is bonding ground.
For, much like the new mother, Spears appears almost unrecognisable on the official cover for new single ‘I Wanna Go’.
The Max Martin produced cut serves as the third release to be lifted from the performer’s ‘Femme Fatale’ LP – which to date has sold just over 500,000 copies in the US.

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shots: Sugababes Resurface At Soap Awards

Since the chart disaster that was ‘Sweet 7′, (what’s left of) the Sugababes have kept a relatively low profile.
Indeed Heidi, Amelle, and Jade had seemingly bowed out of the limelight, after the mass outcry which followed their ridding the group of its last founding member Keisha Buchanan.
However, amidst reports that the trio are putting the finishing touches to their new LP, the ladies made their first collective appearance in some time at the British Soap Awards in London last week. They attended the event to support Jade’s longtime boyfriend, Ricky Norwood (“Fatboy” of Eastenders fame).
The group’s new Thundercats produced single is slated to debut soon.