Pop/Country Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shot: Chris Brown On Set of ‘Next To You (ft. Justin Bieber)’ Video

After serving up solely laid back visuals from his ‘F.A.M.E’ LP, Chris Brown gets theatrical in the video for the project’s latest release ‘Next To You’.

The clip for the Justin Bieber assisted cut was shot this week at Universal Studios, California.

With ‘F.A.M.E’ already certified Gold, (and its campaign showing no signs of slowing), Brown really is racing towards Platinum status. And, with more than six videos released for the project to date, he is doing so with much ferocity.
One has to wonder where Brown’s success leaves the Trey Songz’s of the world. Surely the car in the pic above mirrors his chart prospects at this point?

Kairi

Reaction score

Kairi

Reaction score

Selena Gomez's New Album Cover

selena-gomez-art-cover-2011.jpg

"When the Sun Goes Down" is scheduled to hit stores on June 28th, though Selena will release a few singles on iTunes leading up to the big day.

Kairi

Reaction score
Jason Derulo is gearing up for the release of his sophomore album Future History, due in September. Fresh off debuting his new single “Don’t Wanna Go Home,” the R&B singer let us in on details surrounding his upcoming project.
“The new album is a bunch of reinventions,” he told Rap-Up TV at the BMI Pop Music Awards. “I’ve experienced so much in these last two years. When I recorded my first record I was 19 years old and now I’m 21.”

He continued, “This record is completely different from the last. The first single is very upbeat, very in-your-face, very feel good ’cause I wanted to have that real feel-good record. I felt like there was a lot of turmoil in the world, a lot of pain in the world, and I wanted to do my part in aiding.”

But he’s revealing more than one side with his new material. “There’s records on the album that are deeply emotional, very vulnerable, just all sorts of things.”
He also described the Rich Lee-directed video for “Don’t Wanna Go Home,” which premieres May 26. “It’s a high-energy dance video. More dancing than anybody’s ever seen me do thus far, yet very sexy.”

[youtube]g4pIjLiM7Js[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Carrie Underwood Surpasses Kelly Clarkson as Idol's Biggest Earner

As of May 16, Underwood’s album sales topped 12,296,000 and she’s moved more than 18,482,000 digital tracks since winning season 4.

Kairi

Reaction score
Single Cover: Skylar Grey – ‘Dance Without You’

<CENTER>
skylar-dance-without-you.jpg
</CENTER>
Skylar Grey sheds some of the mystery surrounding her Wonderland Music/Interscope Records debut by unveiling the cover for her buzz single “Dance Without You.” The song will premiere in the next couple weeks followed by the first official single in June and the album in the fall.

“Sonically I can tell you that every song sounds different and it’s really diverse, kind of going from cinematic to fun to dark,” the singer-songwriter told Rap-Up TV of her album. “Alex [Da Kid] and I really push each other creatively, which I think is good. Sometimes it’s painful and I get stubborn and he gets stubborn, but that’s what makes the music so great.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Britney And Rihanna Face Criticism From Parents Television Council

For some, it was the ’singing’ or lack of it that stood out as the most notable part of the Rihanna and Britney Spears’Billboard Music Award performance. However, it was the pair’s raunchiness that the Parents Television Council have come out against, labeling the showing as a “profanity laced S&M sex show”.

Find out more below…

Via Ace Showbiz:
“I cannot imagine what would possibly lead the ABC television network to air a profanity-laced, S&M sex show on primetime broadcast television’, the President of the PTC explained going onto say, ‘It certainly has no place at 8:00 p.m. on the publicly-owned broadcast airwaves, the overtly sexualized performance by Rihanna and Britney Spears was no accident but a deliberate effort to target teens with images and lyrics that glamorize whips, chains and other sexual fantasies’

The remix, which reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, is the first time the pair have collaborated together. It faced little controversy (beyond being awful) when it debuted last month. However, clearly some feel that the the visual interpretation of the song was a step too far on an event billed as a family show.

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]NdUtd4ci8Es[/youtube]

For years now, the words ‘Britney Spears‘ and ‘performing’ either provoke fits of laughter or quiet reflection on a talent who once ‘had it all’. Yet to her credit, the 29 year old continues to try, bless her. Case, point, example, her performance of ‘Big Fat Bass’ on the Jimmy Kimmel Live show.

Shot in March, during her promotional run for her ‘Femme Fatale’ LP, the performance had been vaulted since then, only seeing the light of day this morning.
After watching it, we most certainly know why.

Spears spent so much time on her back during that performance she may has well have been in bed.

Lord knows, she almost put me to sleep. Absolutely tragic.

Britney’s sad fall from grace has been quite the spectacle; one, which solely from a performance standpoint, isn’t far removed from Judy Garland’s deterioration before her death. It’s like watching a car get hit multiple times in slow motion – bam, bam, bam. Sad.
One can only hope that after the inevitable shambles of her forthcoming tour is over, she takes time to work on ’self’. Because be it confidence or a lack of drive, she is taking multiple dumps on herself by putting herself out there like this. I mean she’s not even 30 and is performing like a pensioner.

Kairi

Reaction score
In explosive news, it is being reported that Cheryl Cole has been kicked off X Factor USA’s judging panel and replaced with the show’s host Nicole Scherzinger.
Full story after the jump….
*UPDATED*

Via TMZ:
Huge shakeup at Simon Cowell’s new show “X-Factor” — TMZ has learned singer Cheryl Cole will no longer be a judge … and will be replaced by ex-”Pussycat Dolls” member Nicole Scherzinger.
It’s unclear why Cheryl is out — but we’re told the replacement happened very recently.
Nicole was originally supposed to co-host the show with Steve Jones when it debuts in September — but now, she’ll be sitting on the judge’s panel alongside Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, and LA Reid.
Calls to Cowell’s camp have not been returned.
Story developing …
UPDATE:

Cheryl Cole was dropped from the judging panel on “X-Factor” largely because producers were concerned her English accent would be too difficult for an American audience to understand … sources close to the production tell TMZ.
There were other issues too — we’re told Cheryl and fellow judge Paula Abdul had a “lack of chemistry” … and Cheryl was more expendable.
Producers now want Cheryl to return to the UK version of the show — but according to sources, Cheryl’s royally pissed over how this situation was handled … and may sever ties with “X-Factor” entirely.
With Cheryl out, Steve Jones will be the only host on the show — which debuts in September — while Nicole Scherzinger fills the open seat on the judging panel.

Calls to Simon Cowell still haven’t been returned.

Kairi

Reaction score
Will.i.am Gets Smart with ‘Black Einstein’ Solo Album

<CENTER>
will-i-am-kca.jpg
</CENTER>
The Black Eyed Peas may be taking a break, but will.i.am shows no signs of slowing down. The leader of the band is prepping another solo album.

His fellow Pea Fergie spilled the beans about the project to Hollyscoop TV. “I believe will is coming out with a solo album,” she revealed. “I’ve heard it. It’s called Black Einstein and it’s amazing.”
Fergie, who plans to spend her time off focusing on charity work, shared her excitement. “I’ve been waiting for him to come out with this for so long because I want it. He won’t give it to me. I want it for the gym. He’s so amazing—just such a genius lyricist and I’m really excited for his project.”
Will’s previous solo album Songs About Girls didn’t fare well on the charts, peaking at No. 38 in October 2007 and spawning the singles “I Got It from My Mama” and “Heartbreaker.”

For her part, Fergie insists she is not releasing a solo project anytime soon. “I am so excited to take a break,” she previously told the AP. “The guys know that I’ve been waiting and it’s time and it’s exciting.”

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]nN6VR92V70M[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]WwMsWjrlu54[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]-4lyu1fiB_E[/youtube]