Official WWE Ratings Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

the only guys woth watching in WSX are Sydal, Hart, Evans, and maybe New Jack, he was only on once though

ChiWa

Reaction score
In the old days you never saw the champ (Hogan) on TV unless it was complete squash. Just let Jack and Teddy wreck themselves and enjoy it.

xtremebadass

It's a good start out for a pro wrestler to go toa small promotion and actually be on TV, they are just starting out, they will have a bigger name than ppl in OVW or ROH, because they have a national time slot

This Guy

In the old days you never saw the champ (Hogan) on TV unless it was complete squash. Just let Jack and Teddy wreck themselves and enjoy it.

In the old days you never saw top talent vs. top talent. It was always this week on Superstars, Demolition will take on Leaping Lanny Pofo & some other dude. Then Haku takes on Barry Horwitz, Junk Yard Dog vs. Dwane Gill, and in our main event it will be Intercontinental Champion the Ultimate Warrior vs. Iron Mike Sharp. it was the jobbers vs. a superstar every week. And it was usually the same jobbers every week....losing every week.

That changed in the 90's when Nitro started. Yeah some of the Nitro matches would pit a Superstar vs. a jobber, but there would be a couple matches including there main event that was always top tier talent vs. top tier talent. Raw to compete started to offer the same until what we have today.

xtremebadass

Nice job putting that man, Nitro didn't always have good matches though, but who really does?

This Guy

well I was making no refrence to quality....I was just explaining that if we compare anything about wrestling today vs. yesteryears it will always be different. Wrestling has evolved and always will. But for the record and keeping on topic, I think WSX sucks crap and is the worst thing that could happen to wrestling if it sucseeded.

All those people that watched and said it reminded them of the original ECW, obviously never saw the original ECW when it was actually on, on a regular basis. WSX is Garbage Wrestling. I make jokes about the X-Division in TNA being spot fests....the opening match on the debut show was a spot fest. 3 moves in he is already doing some crazy ass dive out to the floor. The broadcasting sucked. The wrestlers timing was ****. Yeah the Spots looked impressive but nothing on that show could actually be called wrestling. The main event that Royal Rumble/Double Ladder Match thing was kinda neat, except for the lame ass aditional gimmicks around the ring. (ie the tables, exposed electrical box and exploding fense) The match itself sucked as everyone was basically just hitting spot fest move after spot fest move.

Oh and the whole X-Pac was an original member of DX comment....do your homework morons, X-Pac was in WCW with the nWo when DX formed in 1997.

Bottom line is if WSX continues this will open the door to more morons in there backyards thinking they can do anything and live. TNA & WWE don't hire Backyard wrestlers...maybe WSX will, but I think that its bad for the wrestling buisness if idiots are making names for themselves because they can swing weapons and take weapon shots non-stop. MTV canceling WSX is the smartest thing they could do....hopefully its a perminant cacelation though I've heard they are back on next Tuesday.

Soulpower

They'll be back next Tuwsday, but don't judge the wrestlers by what you see on WSX. People like Teddy Hart and Jack Evans, while they may not be technical masters, they can handle their own, they're just doing what MTV wants. And then you have someone like Matt Classic (aka Colt Cabana) who's a great wrestler, but hasn't appeared on tv.

I see your point about it being garbage wrestling, but that's MTV's choice, not the wrestlers' choice.

This Guy

I agree and disagree with that too a point. Obviously under contract sure they do what they are told, but they knew what they were getting into when they signed on. Bottom line is, talented stars, or punks from the backyard, I don't think it has any buisness being called Wrestling, and should be pulled. The guys that are actual wrestlers, they should keep working for the big time (WWE/TNA), the backyard punks should go back to there backyard.

Mike1989

Reaction score
Personally not th ebiggest fan of WSX but they have Vampiro and is the reason i watch, but they need to improve if they are ever to compete with TNA let alone WWE. first by getting rid of that ring announcer,

Sick Nick

Reaction score
Old ECW can't be compared to anything IMO ECW was a pioneer and paved the way for Promotions such as CZW

ChiWa

Reaction score
This WSX gig was probably a nice, quick, payday for some guys who needed it I don't think anybody on the indy circuit is getting rich. There is no chance of this taking off and competing with any half-ass real promotion. It is kinda fun, and kinda dumb, and no more than that.

xtremebadass

it's just another suckass MTV show taking place of time that they can be playing real music

X-Pac

Reaction score
WSX is alright. The biggest reason I even watch WSX is to see X-Pac. WSX has it flaws and its high points. Some of its flaws is that the announcers suck and I cant stand to listen to them. Another flaw of their is they only get 30 minutes. If the got and hour maybe they could establish the faces and heels and play out everyone gimmicks. I wish WSX would become an official brand and not tape the whole season months before it even airs. The biggest flaw of WSX is having Vampiro beat X-Pac for the title. X-Pac is way better then Vampiro and X-Pac should be the champ right now if Vampiro wasnt a lead writer for WSX. And what is up with all these explositions, I find it over the top and they should just drop all of the explosition. The good of WSX is the have some great talent on their roster for example X-Pac, Teddy Hart, and Jack Evans. I would love to see X-Pac get hired back to the WWE and either come back and help HBK and kick Cenas ass or maybe X-Pac could go to SD and school all of their cruiserweights. Then I think WWE said they want Teddy Hart but he cant go to WWE till the whole season of WSX. Teddy Hart has amazing in-ring talent and his mic skills are decent.

xtremebadass

I don't like WSX because it's immposible to see the same guy two weeks in a row, you only saw Sydal one week, and they had like 3 shows, that's like no exposure