Official WWE 2K14 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Not buying solely because of this feature and how many wastes of space are on the roster it has spawned; a Rent and return is all this is good for. Decent size roster I'll never use and a mode I won't even fully complete once.

I don't get the issue with that. I would take Retro models of Jericho, Lesnar, Undertaker, and the like any day over no bodies like Jinder, Tatsu, Hunico, Epico and Primo.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Not so much to take those retro characters over useless guys but how they could use that space for things like more current match types, modes, just other all around game improvements. I like having legends in the game but not to the point where the game is built around it esp at the sacrifice of leaving things out of the game.

CGS

Reaction score
Essentially what PHX said. Having the legends is great but if it means other modes and gameplay needs to suffer I'd rather they cut out the legends.

Kassidy

Reaction score
https://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366506

part that I am mostly posting for:

- The guy from 2K (I think he was called Dan haha) said they really are trying to restore the series to its former glory. He said they're already mo capping for the next game (superstars and moves so I guess that kills any rumors about going to animation). I started talking about how not much has changed in the past few years and he agreed and said it was because THQ literally didn't have the money to be able to add anything groundbreaking (such as a new engine). He said they'd been having money problems for years and with WWE games being such a niche they didn't have the funds to spend a lot of money on it. He also said this aloud Yukes to get lazy. THQ weren't strict with them but he said 2K are pushing them a lot harder for the next game so it gave me the feeling 2k15 could be something special.

so it would seem, 2K will not at all take over actually making the game, they will continue to just be a publisher for the title. Kinda disappointing but I guess if they are going to Yukes harder than THQ, maybe it will still get better and if Yukes can't do the job then they should switch to a different dev team.

Kassidy

Reaction score
The rest of it was revealed today:

WWE.com: 'WWE 2K14' roster revealed on Raw: photos

WWE.com: 'WWE 2K14' full roster revealed

Current Day:
AJ Lee
Aksana
Alberto Del Rio
Big Show
Brock Lesnar
Brodus Clay
Chris Jericho
Christian
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Damien Sandow
David Otunga
Dean Ambrose
Drew McIntyre
Heath Slater
Jack Swagger
Jinder Mahal
John Cena
Justin Gabriel
Kaitlyn
Kane
Kofi Kingston
Layla
Mark Henry
Mr. McMahon
Natalya
Randy Orton
R-Truth
Roman Reigns
Santino Marella
Seth Rollins
Sheamus
Sin Cara
Stephanie McMahon
Tensai
The Great Khali
The Miz
The Rock
Titus O'Neil
Triple H
Undertaker
Wade Barrett
Zack Ryder

Legends:
Ultimate Warrior
Big Show (Retro)
Sgt. Slaughter
Eddie Guerrero
Edge
Diesel
King Kong Bundy
Chris Jericho (Retro)
Andre the Giant
"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
John Cena (Retro)
Shawn Michaels
Ricky Steamboat
Triple H (Retro)
Big John Studd
Ric Flair (Retro)
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin
Hulk Hogan (Retro)
"Hollywood" Hulk Hogan
Kane (Retro)
The Undertaker (Retro)
Shawn Michaels (Retro)
Razor Ramon
Brock Lesnar (Retro)
JBL
Bret "Hit Man" Hart
The Rock (Retro)
Mick Foley
Batista
Yokozuna
“Macho Man” Randy Savage
Ric Flair
Goldberg
Lita

pretty horrible current roster but yea this game is for pure nostalgia. I will only be renting this game from gamefly

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I noticed Titus O'Neil is on there but not Darren Young, hopefully that's a misprint and not DLC. No Bray Wyatt which was expected but also no Fandango. Everything else looks fine.

Kassidy

Reaction score
he is on it, but No Usos, Fandango, Big E, Tyson kidd and then the other half of the divas division; I know most don't care about the divas but Id actually use them in Uni mode if there was a division to use, 5 current day divas is a joke lol, why even include them.

Dash

Reaction score
he is on it, but No Usos, Fandango, Big E, Tyson kidd and then the other half of the divas division; I know most don't care about the divas but Id actually use them in Uni mode if there was a division to use, 5 current day divas is a joke lol, why even include them.

My guess is we'll get The Bellas, The Funkadactyl's, The Uso's and possibly Tyson Kidd in a DLC Package titled Total Divas.

Then hopefully we get Curtis Axel, Big E Langston, Fandango and anyone else in the other DLC.

Kassidy

Reaction score
yea but imo thats not what DLC should before and so speak with your wallet mentality for me means I'm not buying WWE 2K Legends or any of its DLC. Reigns model has the sleeve he got in May which is after the lock date of march/WM that Cory tweeted so Why can't they update Uso2 13 models that we already paid for once? those guys should have been a lock for on disc. Then The excuse is they weren't on tv enough well thats bs because they have David Otunga on the roster lol

Big E should be on disc as he was on TV starting in December so again, I shouldn't be paying extra for this person.

Fandango came up in March so I understand him being close to deadline and not being known as a star and can be skipped over but I mean come on, he has a Wrestlemania match, that should be a clear indication he is being built up and people will want to play as him or against him.

Funkadactyl are already in the game, they come out with Clay, so you going to pay for them twice?

Just the way in which DLC is being used feels wrong and that is my problem with it all, this really doesn't even feel like a current era game, we have no news on much game wise out side of Nostalgia mode. Usos and Bellas should be free day one DLC but thats just my opinion.

Last edited:

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Lot of current stars missing but that seems to be the pattern lately. They're more interested in putting in past stars than they are modern stars now.

Shows what faith they have in the current generation of stars.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;3IcSB3owP9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IcSB3owP9U[/video]

[video=youtube;vOtYOD2tcs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOtYOD2tcs4[/video]

[video=youtube;1G14c7XsxX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G14c7XsxX4[/video]

[video=youtube;p0UxAgf8yGA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0UxAgf8yGA[/video]

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Dat Spear....

Gonna have fun playing that match. Thats still one of my favorite wrestlemania matches of the last 10 years.

Kassidy

Reaction score
2 of the 4 you can only get by preorder/special edition or wait 90 days and pay for lol.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
As it stands now I'm pretty much prepared to skip this years game just not really enough going on to make me want to get this game. Now next year when 2k fully takes over the game as their game then I think it'll have a lot of differences but this game just seems like legends of wrestling meets WWE 13.

edit: The way Fink says The Rock is hilarious.

Last edited:

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Just watched the Ultimate Warrior video and I find it pretty cool that they just had JR and King voice over word for word what Ventura and Monsoon said during Ultimate Warriors entrance. It's been a while since I've seen that match but I'm pretty sure the commentating is word for word. King is playing Ventura and JR is playing Monsoon.