Official WWE 2K14 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Saw Razor Ramon and pre-ordered this bitch right then and there.

And are the retro characters different slots? because I'm not digging multiple characters when you could easily do a simple alternate atire switch on one character, did it with WWE12, don't know why the fuck they couldn't do it with last of the gen capabilities. The last games of every console are always the olnes who figure out the capabilities of the hardware.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I just find it hilarious that of all the potential huge name matches they could have used they decided to go with that one. Thats all.

What exactly would've been better? Now we get the chance to make that match better than it was.....what a joke that is lololololol.

CGS

Reaction score
Shame Angle or Eddie didn't make the cut as I would have much preferred that match from XX over Lesnar/Goldberg. Especially when you consider we were never gonna get the triple threat. From the remaining matches I would have preferred Rock n Sock/Evolution. Hell although I wouldn't have cared to much about it either Taker/Kane would have been a slightly better choice :lol:. Thats assuming those matches are not already in anyway.

Also I'd imagine the retro's will be different slots. They will most likely seperate them like they did in WWE 13' between the main guys and the AE guys.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I get what CGS is saying. Yeah it's great Goldberg is in the game if you're a fan but just funny how they're going to knowledge that match esp since it'll probably be where you have to relive moments from the matches and well....not many "moments" to relive in that match to say the least lol.

I agree though that they should make the retro character stuff as different attires rather than whole slots taking up space.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
All I know is that I can finally get Goldberg/Taker, and RAZOR RAMON!!! Never been in a WWE game since SNES days.

You'll find no complaints from me or my firends.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Reliving the Razor Ramon/HBK ladder match is going to be a blast. Also looking forward to making Goldberg Ryback's bitch. Gonna have to have the Cena's and Hogans face off as well. Retro Cena vs. Hollywood Hulk, and Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena. Also love the inclusion of Batista. With Modern day Flair as well. Evolution reunion on my game. Still sucks though that we can only do 3 on 3 matches, and not 5 on 5 yet. Really bummed that Guerrero wasn't announced.

Now when is the rest of the roster going to be revealed, all the modern stars and what not.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Saw Razor Ramon and pre-ordered this bitch right then and there.

And are the retro characters different slots? because I'm not digging multiple characters when you could easily do a simple alternate atire switch on one character, did it with WWE12, don't know why the fuck they couldn't do it with last of the gen capabilities. The last games of every console are always the olnes who figure out the capabilities of the hardware.

Like 13, yes they are, why? because the programmers are lazy, nothing more. They can program each attire to have a different entrance, they did it with DX trips and HBK. Hardly any moves change between the retros with taunts being the one big difference. Such wastes of space

I just want them to make a legends game using this engine so I can finally get a all current day game. Like TV, the games are failing to use new stars and relaying on rehashing old shit to sell. Get the games back on track please, all current, new open story mode like hctp, actually try writing something creative.

Hopefully with the new consoles we can get 8 man matches finally and all new stuff and this is the last game that's so dependent on the past.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[video=youtube;7C2AdPGRcQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C2AdPGRcQk[/video]

New trailer released. Doesn't look too bad but I'm still not buying it.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Looks great but doesn't make me wanna buy it

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I wonder if we get to play the build to the matches or just watch a video then play the match?

Reaction score
This is an instant buy for me! All of these great legends in the game. 2K 14 did a great job putting it together with the 30 years of WM and look forward to the gameplay!

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It looks really cool but at the same time wish they wouldn't build the game around the past so much rather than focusing on the present more and adding more features to the game.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I got goosebumps. Gonna be a great feature. Probably my favorite in any game. I nearly shit myself when I saw they actually had Michaels zip lining into the arena.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I know the new superstar additions and accuracy and all that are important to the WWE fans who play this series, but it's still the same game with different paint from what we've seen. Hell I still like WWE 13, but now that the devs found a new campaign system players enjoyed we should've expected them to milk it a little more, especially while the dev team sorts it's shit out while switching publishers.

So it's worth mentioning that 2K14 will just be more of the same game with new cosmetics, unless they've got more up their sleeves. Like with '13, I bet the awesome, historical moments from the trailer will translate to "Press Y with Flair near the table to watch Shawn do his pre-animated moonsault spot" in gameplay.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Not buying solely because of this feature and how many wastes of space are on the roster it has spawned; a Rent and return is all this is good for. Decent size roster I'll never use and a mode I won't even fully complete once.