Official WWE 2K14 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Rarely use Universe mode myself, mainly just to unlock stuff. Rivalry thing seems fine, notice some cut scenes are missing audio. And I don't want to have matches between Zack Ryder and Santino, Not sure why I have a roster of 30 guys and the opening matches are always between jobbers.

Dash

Reaction score
Ran into a few glitches in my universe mode.

I had a feud between John Cena and Edge, and whenever Cena would win, the commentators would be congratulating Edge and Cena would have Edge's winning animation, and vice-versa when Edge would win. Edge ended up winning the whole rivalry and the game was acting like Cena did.

Went on to have a feud between Edge and Cody Rhodes. Ran into another glitch here when Edge and Edge's rivalry with Cody Rhodes and Cody Rhodes was getting personal, with two renders of each guy.

Then I went with Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow and set it to 8 weeks. The 8 weeks ran out, and it went over. The feud now has -6 weeks left. GG THQ.

Oh and then finally when I downloaded the nWo DLC, it reset all of the tag teams in my universe to default, which leaves me with Corey Graves and Kassius OhNO as tag team champions without actually being in a tag team. Not to mention the loss of the Uso's, the Brotherhood, EGO, and a few others. Gotta say overall I'm a little disappointed with Universe this year... It had so much potential but I just keep running into bugs... The cutscenes are a lot more consistent this year though, so I guess at least there was one improvement.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Ran into a few glitches in my universe mode.

I had a feud between John Cena and Edge, and whenever Cena would win, the commentators would be congratulating Edge and Cena would have Edge's winning animation, and vice-versa when Edge would win. Edge ended up winning the whole rivalry and the game was acting like Cena did.

Went on to have a feud between Edge and Cody Rhodes. Ran into another glitch here when Edge and Edge's rivalry with Cody Rhodes and Cody Rhodes was getting personal, with two renders of each guy.

Then I went with Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow and set it to 8 weeks. The 8 weeks ran out, and it went over. The feud now has -6 weeks left. GG THQ.

Oh and then finally when I downloaded the nWo DLC, it reset all of the tag teams in my universe to default, which leaves me with Corey Graves and Kassius OhNO as tag team champions without actually being in a tag team. Not to mention the loss of the Uso's, the Brotherhood, EGO, and a few others. Gotta say overall I'm a little disappointed with Universe this year... It had so much potential but I just keep running into bugs... The cutscenes are a lot more consistent this year though, so I guess at least there was one improvement.

2k is already better then the last four games THQ produced. I agree with the glitches & all & really like the rivalries and how guys will respect each other after matches ect & same with the heels. Gotta imagine though being 2Ks first run at it that they"ll be plenty of patches for stuff once they're made aware of them. Thing is at least 2K is paying attention to the game after it's released. THQ got their money on WWE 13 & ran. The online was such trash & the creations area NEVER worked for shit. So far overall experience for me online & with dowoads & creation mode ect this game is nice.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I've had a couple of days with WWE 2K14 on the PS3 so I'll post my thoughts. I completed 30 Years of WM, played Defend/Beat the Streak mode and set up my Universe roster and feuds to reflect current WWE but only played a match or two. Haven't touched online or creation yet.

Wrestlemania mode is pretty much what you'd expect. It's fine but there's not much else to say as it works pretty much the same as last year's timeline story mode. Most of what you see for the first time will have you marking out and they do a good job of setting the scene for each match with descriptions and video packages. But I did notice I was feeling less attached to the storylines in 14's story mode compared to 13's, probably because that game focused in on a specific couple of years so feuds and wrestler angles had arcs, meaning we followed each superstars' journey from some sort of beginning through to satisfying conclusions (Mankind wins. etc). But with Wrestlemania mode you jump ahead a year after every match or two, so if you don't know or can't remember the history then the matches will lack the build up that make the moments special.

Defending the Streak is pretty fun, but then I just love that Slobber Knocker mode which all the new games leave out for some reason. On my first try I managed forty-something wins with Taker until an abdominal stretch from Wade Barrett forced me to tap. I haven't encountered as many gameplay glitches as others though the frame rate drops harder and more frequently, at least on the PS3, but I can see how the new physics might cause problems. Moving around sometimes feels like the floor is made of Velcro. Reversals work the same but thankfully aren't as easy to do as '13 meaning they aren't such a large factor in gameplay anymore while simultaneously making matches more challenging, but I keep having this problem where the AI keeps stealing my finishers but I can never time a reversal on theirs. Actually the AI seems much smarter than 13, no longer will opponents target your arm with the same move for an entire match or stay outside the ring when they earn a finisher.

So on the whole... I'm definitely going to play Universe and Streak mode some more but I can't shake the feeling of disappointment. I noticed more depth added to the create a title and arena features and things like that, but something about the game just feels hollow compared to WWE 13. If you still haven't bought 2K14, I'd wait for a price drop and for more DLC to come out.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Black Friday it for $29.99

Kassidy

Reaction score
anyone who hasn't dled the free dlc should before they fix it; If you download summer rae, who is free, you also get the move pack that you are suppose to pay for. They messed up locking it out I guess

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Been playing this game in Universe mode. Its like after a while it gets hard to keep into it. Mainly now just waiting for the last DLC pack to come in. Then I'll have that high of wanting to play for a bit and then that'll fade again.

I already completed the WrestleMania thing. I dunno. I just can't keep myself fully interested in it. I tried creating my own rivalries, I got 4 shows going so it isn't like I haven't modified the Universe to my own liking. But just after a while it gets repetitive.