Official WWE 2K14 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kassidy

Reaction score
yea there is a lot of speculation over that tweet on the 2k forums; also Aud is being moved to a different location now.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Week 1 sales for 13: (Both Consoles) 466,232 copies

Week 1 sales for 14: (Both Consoles) 241,898 copies

yup 2 years of legends and sales continue to drop; nostalgia train not working.

Last edited:

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Hey y'all check my story out called "Friend or Foe" It's only the first two weeks. Wanted to see what people thought before I did more. My GT is ID IE IF ii ANT on 360

Reaction score
I picked up my copy on PS3 today and I have yet to be disappointed! I'm not sure why people hate on the legends being in this game, but I love it. The 30 Years of WrestleMania allows you to play classic WrestleMania matches and you get to see cut scenes from those matches which I personally have enjoyed so far. It's great for the old school fan!

The Streak Mode is sick though! I tried it right away with Cena and had a back and forth match vs Taker. Countered his tombstone into the AA at the end and went for the pin, but only to be locked in the triangle choke. Ended up tapping out, but I haven't had a match like that where I didn't care if I lost. I beat the streak in my third try. Used Brock Lesnar. Kicked out of the tombstone and hit the F-5 on a chair and beat Taker. It's a lot tougher than I thought to beat him.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Defeat the streak and defend the streak, is defly something done right; now they need to add that kinda of difficulty to the overall AI, minus all the "special powers" but Possum finishers should be something put in as a ability you do when you have a stored finisher.

Problem isn't the legends themselves but the fact that they take priority over current roster and how half the roster is legends/duplicates which to me isn't worth my money. Couple of legends and here and there an as DLC was never complained about but when the game is marketed as pretty much Legends of WrestleMania 2, it doesn't tickle my fancy. This is suppose to be our modern day product, I'm not going to use 90% of the legends in any other mode outside the mode they force me to use them.

I would also love a HCTP / SYM / or NXT to WM type story instead of this relive the past crap; no offense to anyone who likes it but I don't want to straight play the past, its dull to me.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Call me crazy, but I'd rather play as Razor Ramon than as Yoshi Tatsu, or some guy from nXt who may be released by the time the game comes out.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm in the boat that I rather have more legends in 15 on the next gen. I'd like to see NXT included more sure, but they got to at least get a TV deal in the states so girls like Emma and Paige as well as the main guys can be added. Their arena is sick though.

Can't wait to be steiner

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The point isn't oh man legends take away from jobbers being on the game it is focusing the game more on legends takes away from them improving the overall game and just lean on nostalgia.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
So just throw in a story mode for the two main brands and a DOR story for NXT if its ever broadcast and included.

I for for one still believe that if they are going to keep adding past guys a WCW story mode wouldn't hurt at all

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't care if they add legends or not never said don't add them just the more they focus on legends the less the focus on the overall game. Hopefully that changes next year with 2k fully taking over.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Defeat the Streak is some bull if you use Diesel of King Kong lol. Finally get Taker damaged enough & hit a finisher & the gong goes off, lights cut out & he reappears behind you with a stores finisher. Also I raged a little with Cena vs Rock 2 at the ending part lol. Finally beat the mode though.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Defeat the Streak is some bull if you use Diesel of King Kong lol. Finally get Taker damaged enough & hit a finisher & the gong goes off, lights cut out & he reappears behind you with a stores finisher. Also I raged a little with Cena vs Rock 2 at the ending part lol. Finally beat the mode though.

I hear you on that one, have to just throw Taker on the outside and beat the fuck out of him until everything is red and he's taken 5-6 finishers and you don't get gonged has been my experience.

Cena/Rock 2 I had to actually cheat and adjust the settings, hate doing that.

Oh and I don't see whats so wrong with educating your audience while using overbooked mainevents as fodder for storyline modes, sure beats the lame ass shit we got before that. GM mode sucks as well, I hated it back in 06, some of us don't give a shit about that, we just play with our friends online or in the same room while having a few drinks.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I beat the streak with Goldberg but that's about it

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
I use Universe mode. Created a whole new show with a bunch of the 30 years guys & some awesome looking CAWs. Overall I think this is one of the better WWE games to come out in years. Can't wait to see what 2K comes out with on 15 & with next gen.

Also new DLC today. I'm prob getting season pass to get the six or seven NWO guys & Nash & Scott Hall Outsiders.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker