Official WWE 2K14 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
[YOUTUBE]gci8Y0JrlH0[/YOUTUBE]​

Nice video to promote it, lost it at 54 seconds when he hits that guy with a copy of the game. Quite random.

Is it me or are they highlighting the wrong wrestler? I mean Ultimate Warrior is nice and all but isn't Savage the bigger name?

Little bit hard to film a promo video with Savage.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Is it me or are they highlighting the wrong wrestler? I mean Ultimate Warrior is nice and all but isn't Savage the bigger name?

Pretty sure this is Warrior's first appearance in the WWE series (besides All Stars) in quite some time, if at all. Savage has been in the past two. As well as the fact that Warrior is alive & able to promote it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Pretty sure this is Warrior's first appearance in the WWE series (besides All Stars) in quite some time, if at all. Savage has been in the past two. As well as the fact that Warrior is alive & able to promote it.

Savage wasn't in my copy. And you think that commercial is really helping them sell?

Ben

Reaction score
Savage wasn't in my copy. And you think that commercial is really helping them sell?

Savage was DLC.

I was going to pick this up regadless and now I'll do a pre order just so I can play as Warrior.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Savage was DLC.

I was going to pick this up regadless and now I'll do a pre order just so I can play as Warrior.

Ahh I didn't play it after I beat Attitude mode.

Kassidy

Reaction score
I don't care for most legends, game should be mostly current roster and legends not apart of the story should be DLC. Paying for current guys as dlc because they worked on legends to be on disc is annoying to me but I'm pretty sure I am in the minority.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I actually agree with that as it is pretty silly for you to have to pay to use some current guys that you shouldn't have to pay for. Paying for any characters for DLC period isn't something I agree with in the first place anyways.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I agree with characters not being DLC, should be new road to mania or storylines like that being DLC. I honestly don't care for a million titles either, and the game should include more goddamn names on it. If Legends of wrestling 2 can cram a million names on a PS2 disc, it damn sure should be like that on a PS3 disc.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
14a.jpg

14b.jpg

14c.jpg

14d.jpg

14e.jpg

14f.jpg

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Awesome.

Cant fucking wait.

Especially after Vinces tweet about Warrior ksfsdshvsbskdkssk

Kassidy

Reaction score
WWE 2K14 Gameplay Improvements
By Aubrey Sitterson on July 18, 2013100 Comments

At a recent event in New York City, select members of the press got to interview WWE 2K14 pre-order bonus Legend, The Ultimate Warrior, and yes, spend some time with a build of WWE 2K14.

While we didn't give away everything, there were some notable improvements discussed at the event. And since we don't want to leave you in the dark, check out below for a list of all the tweaks, changes and updates discussed at the event, and make sure to stay tuned for more great updates to your new favorite game, WWE 2K14.

NEW NAVIGATION SYSTEM
The entire navigation system has been overhauled and reanimated including all walking, running, and dragging motions to give the game a more fluid and life-like feel and look.

Overall Superstar movement has been accelerated, meaning the action is faster-paced and more like what you see on WWE television.

There is now a "starting up" animation for when Superstars begin running. This leads to a more natural-looking match, where it is more difficult to "spam" running attacks.

Animation gestures have been added such as adjusting wrist bands, motioning for your opponent to get up, and many more to give a human-like appearance to the navigation system.

STRIKING CHANGES
Strikes and strike combos are now quicker and snappier, making them faster and harder to reverse.
Successfully landing a strike combo now puts your opponent in a groggy state, making groggy grapples appear earlier and more frequently.

REVERSAL SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS
Reversing a grapple move now causes the reverser to do a move of his/her own automatically.
This cuts down on the endless back-and-forth "reversal fest" some users complained of in WWE '13 while also making the match move faster.

CATAPULT FINISHERS
Catching Finishers can now be executed offensively, by Irish Whipping your opponent to the ropes with a finisher stored or catapulting your opponent up when they run towards you.

Select finisher moves give you the ability to launch an opponent into the air and then hit them with a Catch Finisher on the way back down.

NEW OMG MOMENTS
New multi-man OMG Moments added to help you gain the upper-hand in multi-man matches. One OMG move can take out two opponents in one shot making it easier to get the win against multiple opponents.
Double Attitude Adjustment
Double Shellshock
Double Chokeslam

New OMG Moments added to allow you to dole out even more damage using the ring environment.
Boot-to-head on outside ringpost
DDT on the apron

TWO-COUNTS
One of the most reviled bugs in WWE '13 was the dearth of two-counts. This issue has been addressed, bringing back the dramatic near falls you know and love.

As you can see: Pretty exciting stuff. And the best news? We're only getting started with all the updates and revamps that come with WWE 2K14. As always, for the latest info on WWE 2K14, make sure to follow [MENTION=274]wwe[/MENTION]Games on Twitter and like us on Facebook. And don't forget to pre-order WWE 2K14, available in October 29 in North America, November 1 internationally.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That striking system news makes me nervous a bit when it comes to online play since I can see users spamming the fuck out of it.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I don't play online, so a lot of these updates look great.

One thing I want though is for created finshers to be more powerful. Even if my guy is a 100 overall, and my opponet is beat to shit, I have to use like 3 created finshers to get a three count. If I just use a normal move in the game as my finsher, it ends them right away.

I also wish they'd bring back the two button reversal. Left trigger/button for strikes, Right trigger/button for grapples. The grappling system in 13 was so easier that by the time me and my friends perfected it, every match was just reversals.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't play online either, glitchy and none of of the satisfaction of talking shit to your friends in the same room. rather drink beer and play Rumble or TLC matches with my friends.

WWE 13 knocked it out the park with it's create an arena mode, Hopefully they get some new designs to mess with and create a move was the exact same as WWE 12, need to update it some more. More names also, can't stress that enough.

I also miss taunts while holding weapons or on the top rope. Where did that go? I want to be cocky as fuck when I'm beating people. Also need a five star frog splash that actually hits my opponent, for some reason I can't hit that move.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
NBC Chicago News 5 published an article about WWE 2K14 and The Ultimate Warrior's involvement in the game. Quotes from 2K Sports Senior Game Designer Bryan Williams and GamesRadar.com writer Jason Fanelli, who said to be impressed with the game so far.

"At first, it felt very similar to last year's game, but after a while, you begin to see the intricacies, from the animations to the improvements in the reversal system," Fanelli said. "It just makes for a better experience overall. Those little things end up making it feel so much closer to what you see on television."

As noted earlier, WWE2K14 is slated for an October 29th, 2013 release date.

NBC Chicago News 5 published an article about WWE 2K14 and The Ultimate Warrior's involvement in the game. Quotes from 2K Sports Senior Game Designer Bryan Williams and GamesRadar.com writer Jason Fanelli, who said to be impressed with the game so far.

"At first, it felt very similar to last year's game, but after a while, you begin to see the intricacies, from the animations to the improvements in the reversal system," Fanelli said. "It just makes for a better experience overall. Those little things end up making it feel so much closer to what you see on television."

As noted earlier, WWE2K14 is slated for an October 29th, 2013 release date.