Official TLC Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
He doesn't need heat, he needs CREDIBILITY. How is ANYBODY supposed to buy this group as any sort of a threat any more? They've been completely neutered.

SAL

Reaction score
He does need credibility, but WWE doesn't give its heels credibility. It's easier to make just about every heel dirty and cowardly. I don't agree with it, but it works and it's what they do.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Well then, whatever you call it....momentum. Stop making him lose every match. Is WWE even AWARE that he's the top heel?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He doesn't need heat, he needs CREDIBILITY. How is ANYBODY supposed to buy this group as any sort of a threat any more? They've been completely neutered.
To be honest that group reached it's height already. Bitched out and beat down the top star in the company, their debut was special, taking out Taker, etc. Could honestly go no where but down which is why they are probably splitting soon.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
They should have split at WrestleMania after Barrett lost the WWE title to Cena in the main event, but it's too late for that now. They have no credibility as a faction left whatsoever now, and Barrett has nowhere to go. No one important available to fued with, and if he keeps fueding with Cena, he's even more doomed than he is already.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They should have split at WrestleMania after Barrett lost the WWE title to Cena in the main event, but it's too late for that now. They have no credibility as a faction left whatsoever now, and Barrett has nowhere to go. No one important available to fued with, and if he keeps fueding with Cena, he's even more doomed than he is already.
Pretty sure he's gonna feud with Taker whenever he comesback since Nexus took him out and apparently had a reason for doing it which they teased.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Oh yeah, and that's just what he needs. Going from horrible to worse. Now he can get buried just as badly, except this time to a 95 year old man with shattered knees who can't open a door without being injured for 6 months. I hope this is not the company's way of thinking to create new stars.

Kylie

Reaction score
Gord I think you're over dramatising things just a little. ;) You're making out like his career is over and forgetting about everything else that has happened this year. Just wait and see. Barrett isn't going to be buried to the depths of Superstars at all. They're not going to push him to the moon only to do a complete backflip on him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Oh yeah, and that's just what he needs. Going from horrible to worse. Now he can get buried just as badly, except this time to a 95 year old man with shattered knees who can't open a door without being injured for 6 months. I hope this is not the company's way of thinking to create new stars.
You said "no one important to feud with" last I checked Taker is pretty damn important esp around mania time.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I forgot about him. So what? Taker is worthless. It doesn't matter if he's important, jobbing to a broken down mess (and because it's Taker at WM, he has NO chance of winning. Not even a slight, last minute change of Vince's mind type of chance) is a horrible way to end a year for a guy who's supposed to have been a big deal.

???

Banned
Reaction score
Barrett wrestling The Undertaker at WrestleMania would be awful. Barrett is absolutely nowhere near talented enough. Undertaker goes out and puts great matches on every year - his past four WrestleMania matches have been fpour of the better matches of each calendar year they've been in - so Barrett, someone who is mediocre at the best of times and unable to hold his own in the ring, would be catastrophic. To say he's nowhere near good enough to wrestle 'Taker at WrestleMania is an understatement.

I don't mind Barrett being buggered off now anyway. He's okay, but he seems to have very little versatility to him, he's reasonably poor in the ring (especially for an upper card talent), and there's nothing that's interesting/endearing about him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Update on Beth's speculated injury.

Source: Nodq.com

Many speculated that Beth Phoenix may have seriously been injured again after taking a huge bump in her tag team match last night at the TLC Pay Per View. Amazingly, Beth Phoenix was not injured during that frightening moment where she fell out of the ring and folded up after hitting the floor PWinsider can confirm. No other injury reports have been reported at this time.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
The one thing I've never understood about wrestling is that nobody seems to get injured from the things that SHOULD injure them. Every time somebody's neck folds up like an accordion, they're ok. It's always these freak accidents that look completely harmless, like Kane giving Edge an uppercut and him injuring himself when he falls on the floor in 2007, or something like that, but they're always fine when they do stupid things like fall off ladders.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Luck of the draw I guess, pyro.

I thought ADR was going to be hurt because it looked like he was going to miss both tables to me.

AF.

Reaction score
Diva Tag - **3/4
Kozlov/Santino vs Lexus - *1/2
Morrison/Sheamus - ****
Miz/Orton - **1/2
Del Rio/Kane/Edge/Mysterio - ****1/4+
Cena/Barrett - **

Random thoughts:
- Edge, Alberto Del Rio, Morrison and Sheamus were awesome tonight.
- Chair match is the worst stipulation ever, and shouldn't end a TLC PPV.
- The ending to Miz/Orton was great.
- Best Diva match in a long time.
- 2 classic matches to make up for the draught of classic matches we've had since around Extreme Rules or so.
- Santino is hilarious and extremely over.
- Cena/Barrett shouldn't have Main Evented, if it didn't, it might have come off better going before all these crazy matches involving ladders and chairs.
- I missed the 3 way Ladder match, caught the ending, wasn't a fan.