Official The Dark Knight Thread (Contains Spoilers)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Batman said he cant do it forever cause hes afraid hell be a villain so he will have who else to fill his shoes than Robin.

There is actually such a storyline called the Broken Bat I beleive. It features Bane as the main villain and a guy name Jean Paul Valley as Azrael the guy who takes over after the Bat is broken.

Great story, which I'd kinda like to see done at some point.

Also, Robin can be done, they just need to keep his story and motivations as dark as Batman's. I'd rather not see it, but it can be done.

LadyHotrod

LHR: How would Vin Diesel being Mr. Freeze ruin it. He's done some children's movies yes but he's done some older based movies that children wouldn't watch.

Dude is a good actor and i'm sure the directors won't tell him act like a child on set. I'm sure he'd be able to appeal to that serious tone the Batman movies have had so far.

Edit- If they can find a way to fit in Nightwing instead of Robin then i'd be good.

Robin was nothing more then an annoying sidekick sorta like Tails from the Sonic franchise.

NO! Vin Diesel is a shitty actor. He ruined his reputation by making dumb kid's movies.

They need people like Crispin and Cillian (he played Scarecrow in the first movie). They are dark people who could pull off a scary bad guy. Vin Diesel is a joke.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

What about the guy who was Iron Monger in Ironman? I forgot his name.

He could Mr. Freeze no doubt about it.

Nation

OK, there was a movie made about the old TV show, you know, the "we're laughing at you, not with you" show starring Adam West, called "Batman: The Movie." Avoid that at all costs.

Tim Burton did the movie "Batman" starring Michael Keaton as Batman and Jack Nicholson as the Joker. This ones decent, but the characters are no where near as deep and serious as The Dark Knight.

"Batman Returns" was also done by Tim Burton and that REALLY stands out in this. A lot of gothic looking sets and circus stuff. It again stars Michael Keaton as Batman, Michelle Pfieffer as Catwoman, and Danny Devito as The Penguin. This one is decent too.

"Batman Forever" is done by Joel Schumacher and it stars Val Kilmer as Batman, Jim Carrey as The Riddler, Chris O'Donnell as Robin, and Tommy Lee Jones as "Two Face" Harvey Dent. This movie is utter shit. Stay away from it.

"Batman and Robin" may fall into the same category as above, but I like this one for a few reasons. Arnold Schwarzenegger (Mr. Freeze) is awesome, Uma Thurman (Poison Ivy) is actually hot for once (Well, she's kinda hot in Pulp Fiction), and Alicia Silverstone (Batgirl) spends a good chunk of the movie in tight leather. But overall it's just as bad as Batman Forever...if not worse.

"Batman Begins" starred most of the current cast from The Dark Knight except it had Katie Holmes instead of Maggie Gyllenhaal (fuck Tom Cruise for not letting her come back). It had Callian Murphey as The Scarecrow and Liam Niesen as the guy that actually trained Batman. This movie is pretty awesome. The characters are again deep and serious. It really did clean the slate for The Dark Knight.

Are you kidding me? Him being in it easily made it the worst batman movie ever. But i guess it's worth seeing just to see Alicia Silverstone. As for Batman Forever i think it's alright. Jim Carrey is entertaining for a while.

Vandy316

Reaction score
What about the guy who was Iron Monger in Ironman? I forgot his name.

He could Mr. Freeze no doubt about it.

Robert Downey Jr. ive only seen him in Charlie Barlett so idk how he is in Iron Man. I dont see him doing it just because Iron Man and Batman are kinda rival comics.

Iron Man: Rich man who builds his own suit to attack the military as far as i know

Batman: Rich man who has an employee build his suit and weapons for him to become and vigilante.

He also probably has a contract with Marvel for possibly a second one.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
^Jeff Bridges?

The guy from "K-Pax", "king kong(70's)", "The big labowski" and such?

lol, I hardly recongized him in Ironman...

I think he'd be good in any role that you're all talking about...

But yea...

so like...I'll rent "Batman Returns" and "Batman Begins" then...
so like...Thanks.

Kassidy

Reaction score
well i don't mean to burst any bubbles but nolan and the rest involved in the new batman series don't want any supernatural villains because batman isn't supernatural, so no poison ivy or mr. freeze, and Bale wont have a robin his exact words are

Apparently, Christian Bale -- who plays the caped crusader in the franchise -- has said: "If Robin crops up in one of the new Batman films, I'll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work."

so for villains in the next batman movie i could see riddler and may be penguin, but penguin wont be the same as he was more toward id say born deformed and casted out by everyone not the old fantasy penguin just as they changed the way dent became two-face, and riddler would have to be made into his own character and not remind us of a wannabe joker.

the dark knight

damn.

first ticket in this bloody country yesterday morning after a week delay. it was supposed to be released 2 days before the US, with australia but they freakin delayed it. anyway, watched it and FUCKING LOVED IT. worth getting up super early and waiting 3 hours in the streets for the cinema to open lol.

as much as i hated it when they chose to have my 7 year old nickname "the dark knight" for the name, and STOLE my real life catchphrase "why so serious" that i made up before nolan even knew he was gonna direct a batman film, im happy cuz it kinda made this movie what it is lol. its kinda like this:
heard the director only signed on to do 3 films so the next one will be the last, because the movies wont be nearly as good with someone else directing. Because supposedly Christian Bale signed a 5 movie contract, if they DO do anymore I really hope they can get the director to agree to do it.
he did but contracts mean nothing these days. i remember reading somewhere that nolan said that one was his last...and then bale said if it was nolan's last, its his last.

I'm pretty sure he died, but I'll have to watch it again.
no he didn't. wtf? if he died, batman killed him and the whole movie wouldn't make fuckin sense and kill the franchise.

2-3 year comma anyone? riddler, black mask, clayface or bane are the next villains. either one of them wakes up 2face from the comma somehow or at the end of the movie he disappears..i dunno.

Actually, I read somewhere that Christopher Nolan said he wouldn't put the Penguin, Catwoman or Harley Quinn in his movies. Sucks because I could have seen a nice build up for Harley Quinn..... could SO see the Joker sitting an a padded cell when Harley comes in and helps him escape.

I pictured the whole scenerio in my head after the movie, lol. Maybe I'll start writing a script of my own and share it here. I had some cool ideas.
1) it was in imdb's trivia. they removed it i think...dunno why. and he said that penguin's character was "far fetched". dont remember anything about harley or catwoman.
2) i thought about writing scripts and all but what if its too good? i dont like people ripping me off lol.

damn i wish they would put Harley Quinn in it cause i can picture Angelina Jolie as her, damn that would be nice
she has the looks and attitude of catwoman but not selina kyle..maybe though.

FUCK no. That would be super gay.

Someone like Brittany Murphy would be more ideal.
i thought you'd say charlize theron. cuz she's what i had in mind long ago for catwoman's role.

I have no clue about any other "batman" movie-anthology and stuff...

but like...

well I've only seen that one with Jim Carrey and the last one and then Durk Knight..

so like...

whats the Next one going to be about?
animated series+batman returns. dont watch the rest if you watched the dark knight (god damn it, feels wrong typing it).
theres no official word there will be a third, only speculation
there is. but when? thats what we dont know.

They show Batman the animated series on Toon Disney if that helps, i'm watching it now.

The only problem is episodes aren't in sequential order.
the DVD discs arent either, which is sad. go get them from imdb or wiki and watch them in the right order.

There is actually such a storyline called the Broken Bat I beleive. It features Bane as the main villain and a guy name Jean Paul Valley as Azrael the guy who takes over after the Bat is broken.

Great story, which I'd kinda like to see done at some point.

Also, Robin can be done, they just need to keep his story and motivations as dark as Batman's. I'd rather not see it, but it can be done.
yea, when bane broke batman's back. i have to get that comic..ill post it if i got it online.

well i don't mean to burst any bubbles but nolan and the rest involved in the new batman series don't want any supernatural villains because batman isn't supernatural, so no poison ivy or mr. freeze, and Bale wont have a robin his exact words are

so for villains in the next batman movie i could see riddler and may be penguin, but penguin wont be the same as he was more toward id say born deformed and casted out by everyone not the old fantasy penguin just as they changed the way dent became two-face, and riddler would have to be made into his own character and not remind us of a wannabe joker.

ROFL how contradicting. freeze is supernatural and penguin isn't? you got it backwards. penguin can be naturally deformed but how is freeze supernatural?

like i said:

black mask
clayface
riddler
bane

nolan knows best tbh...lets hope he decides to write and direct the sequel.

k enough for now, i forgot what i wanted to post as usual. i should really get on more often..

Kassidy

Reaction score
damn.

first ticket in this bloody country yesterday morning after a week delay. it was supposed to be released 2 days before the US, with australia but they freakin delayed it. anyway, watched it and FUCKING LOVED IT. worth getting up super early and waiting 3 hours in the streets for the cinema to open lol.

as much as i hated it when they chose to have my 7 year old nickname "the dark knight" for the name, and STOLE my real life catchphrase "why so serious" that i made up before nolan even knew he was gonna direct a batman film, im happy cuz it kinda made this movie what it is lol. its kinda like this:

lol

and thank you all for praising my name all over the world :p

back to the film, i dunno what to say. it just glues you in your chair, you can not leave. it has surpassed godfather, american history x, batman returns, batman begins and any star wars movie. bale and oldman were awesome as usual. and pretty much everyone else except maggie piece of shit. ledger's shoes are gonna be the hardest ever to fill in the history of hollywood. i nominate his corpse for next year's oscar.

oh and i believe in aaron eckhart.

he did but contracts mean nothing these days. i remember reading somewhere that nolan said that one was his last...and then bale said if it was nolan's last, its his last.

no he didn't. wtf? if he died, batman killed him and the whole movie wouldn't make fuckin sense and kill the franchise.

2-3 year comma anyone? riddler, black mask, clayface or bane are the next villains. either one of them wakes up 2face from the comma somehow or at the end of the movie he disappears..i dunno.

1) it was in imdb's trivia. they removed it i think...dunno why. and he said that penguin's character was "far fetched". dont remember anything about harley or catwoman.
2) i thought about writing scripts and all but what if its too good? i dont like people ripping me off lol.

she has the looks and attitude of catwoman but not selina kyle..maybe though.

i thought you'd say charlize theron. cuz she's what i had in mind long ago for catwoman's role.

animated series+batman returns. dont watch the rest if you watched the dark knight (god damn it, feels wrong typing it).

there is. but when? thats what we dont know.

the DVD discs arent either, which is sad. go get them from imdb or wiki and watch them in the right order.

yea, when bane broke batman's back. i have to get that comic..ill post it if i got it online.

ROFL how contradicting. freeze is supernatural and penguin isn't? you got it backwards. penguin can be naturally deformed but how is freeze supernatural?

like i said:

black mask
clayface
riddler
bane

nolan knows best tbh...lets hope he decides to write and direct the sequel.

k enough for now, i forgot what i wanted to post as usual. i should really get on more often..

how isnt freeze supernatural?

the dark knight

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm he's a sick scientist who needs to be in put in a certain temperature to stay alive after an accident in his lab? its not something we saw irl before but its not unrealistic or supernatural. how the fuck is he supernatural? his freeze gun can be modified to be kinda realistic...but SUPERNATURAL? lol

Reaction score
i absolutely loved heath ledgers performance but in all honesty he carried the movie, if it wasnt for him i believe the movie would have been mediocre at best, i left the cinema feeling quite dissapointed but as i started to look back on it, it started to look even better, i didnt like bale's performance and the voice he used for batman annoyed the hell out of me. The Joker's scenes were all pure gold

Vandy316

Reaction score
how is Clayface not supernatural? im not big on the comic books cause i didnt grow up with them but he looks supernatural but maybe it was an accident like Freeze.

Also is there something wrong with Black Mask cause the picture he looked like a black skull