Official The Dark Knight Thread (Contains Spoilers)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
Nolan already said that Robin would never be in any of his batman movies, along with no outlandish villians

after seeing the movie again tonight, i still shit my pants when the dead batman hit the window

I might be taking it out of context, but maybe Nolan giving us a hint about the next villian when Fox says "It will protect against cats" when speaking about Batman's new suit. Catwoman reference, or nothing? idk

Heath for Oscar, defenitly. His performance was absolutely AMAZING. The fact that he died doesn't have anything to do with it. He'd still win it if he were alive, the fact that he isn't only makes it specialer. If they do decide to have the Joker in the next movie, either the actor is an exact copy of Heath or he is going to get his ass booed and get shitted on like no other. Whoever the next person to play the joker (Nolan movie or not) has HUGE shoes to fill. First Nicholson and now Heath? Both amazing actors and performances, and impossible to top.

Question on the pencil "trick"... Through the table or through his head?

S.P.Q.R.

Reaction score
anyone else getting tired of hearing all about this "oscar" for ledger?

like seriously...
its getting kinda gay and annoying and stuff..

"OMG!He Dead..and he was in a movie that nerds mark for..so like..OMG! he deserves a Oscar Award 4 being dee' best...Ka-Durrh!?!?!"

I dunno...its just getting kinda a little over-played and I'll probably have a load of batman loving nerds getting all whiney or something, but like...

an "oscar"?

really?
the joker in durk knight is basically a Captin Jack Sparrow(from pirates) with clown make-up and a little less-PG and a little more aggressive...

but then again...cuba gooding jr got some kind've best supporting award for doing jack-shit in pearl harbor...so like...

whatever, if he gets it then "WOOO!"
if he doesn't...then "Boo!"

but nolan will probably just clone heath ledger and make his ass act like the joker for all enternity so they can rake up mo-money on his dramatic back from the dead comeback or something...

so like..."ka-word!"

Damn. A lot of retardation and ignorance went into that post. You probably need a nap. At the very least you need to go back to grade school and get a firmer grasp of the English language.

Nolan already said that Robin would never be in any of his batman movies, along with no outlandish villians

after seeing the movie again tonight, i still shit my pants when the dead batman hit the window

I might be taking it out of context, but maybe Nolan giving us a hint about the next villian when Fox says "It will protect against cats" when speaking about Batman's new suit. Catwoman reference, or nothing? idk

Heath for Oscar, defenitly. His performance was absolutely AMAZING. The fact that he died doesn't have anything to do with it. He'd still win it if he were alive, the fact that he isn't only makes it specialer. If they do decide to have the Joker in the next movie, either the actor is an exact copy of Heath or he is going to get his ass booed and get shitted on like no other. Whoever the next person to play the joker (Nolan movie or not) has HUGE shoes to fill. First Nicholson and now Heath? Both amazing actors and performances, and impossible to top.

Question on the pencil "trick"... Through the table or through his head?

Rumor has it Angelina Jolie has already been approached. What makes you think there's going to be another Joker? What director/actor is going to try and do this again, seeing the results of TDK? Is someone going to re-make Lord of the Rings? Or Star Wars? Nolan has put the Batman franchise on a level where I highly doubt anybody is going to venture here again. The shoes are just waaaaay, way to big to fill.

His head.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
New rumor going around guys that the next Batman movie will contain both The Riddler and The Penguin, and Johnny Depp has been approached to play Riddler, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman, from Capote to play The Penguin.

Soulpower

Phillip Seymour Hoffman, from Capote to play The Penguin.

Well, he's certainly fat enough to play The Penguin.. M I RITE PPLS?!?

And if Johnny Depp accepts the role of The Riddler, watch as everyone forgets about Ledger's performance and decide to get on Depp's nuts :shifty:

S.P.Q.R.

Reaction score
I saw it again tonight too.....in IMAX. Wow. All movies should be in IMAX.

Is this the third weekend it's been out? And every show in town is STILL selling out.

Wrestling Station

I saw the movie, I was expecting a better movie than this. Really for all the hype and everyone telling me that its the best movie this summer. But what I saw is just an ok movie imo. Sorry guys, seriously it wasnt "excellent" movie. And its way too long, they tried to cover the dead time but failed.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I think the reason some people expected "more" was because they got too much. The ONE, and I mean ONE thing I see wrong with this movie is that it could have been two movies. There was a LOT of plot in it. Other than that, it was perfect, IMO. And Heath should get every last kudo he can because when he played the Joker, HE BECAME THE CHARACTER. When Jack, Arnold, DeVito, and the rest played villians, it was "Danny Devito as the Penguin". Heath Ledger became the Joker. If you didnt know it was Heath Ledger, theres no way you would have guessed.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Just came back from seeing it and I wanna go back and see it again. Nothing less then amazing but I still have a problem with Bale as Batman, his voice. At times he was hard to hear what he was saying because he deepens it when he's Batman.

Ledger became Joker, he didn't play that role. Everything about his performance was great, mannerism, the way he moved, the way he talked, great. Favorite part has to be when he blew up the hospital, twice lol.

Great One

I think the reason some people expected "more" was because they got too much. The ONE, and I mean ONE thing I see wrong with this movie is that it could have been two movies. There was a LOT of plot in it. Other than that, it was perfect, IMO. And Heath should get every last kudo he can because when he played the Joker, HE BECAME THE CHARACTER. When Jack, Arnold, DeVito, and the rest played villians, it was "Danny Devito as the Penguin". Heath Ledger became the Joker. If you didnt know it was Heath Ledger, theres no way you would have guessed.
Agreed, the only bad thing was it dragged out, such as Two-Face playing such a huge part. Btw, Two-Face is NOT dead, thanks TDK for pointing that out, I don't know why people thought he was.

Meh, I can't really see Robin working, but I can for sure see a third one. But sadly, I think they will go the Catwoman route or maybe Catwoman/Penguin. Possibly Riddler.

But yeah, overall I agree. Really sick movie, and Joker was amazing, imo.

the dark knight

I saw the movie, I was expecting a better movie than this. Really for all the hype and everyone telling me that its the best movie this summer. But what I saw is just an ok movie imo. Sorry guys, seriously it wasnt "excellent" movie. And its way too long, they tried to cover the dead time but failed.
movies, generally are not made for people like you, sorry.

thats how i measure good actors........when i see bruce willis (eventhough i like him) i say...hey there's bruce willis/john mcclain. other actors make you name the character.

and it wasn't too long -_- when its short, people say its short. when its long, its long..jesus. godfather had more plot and it was longer, nobody complained. and to be totally honest, i didn't want the movie to end. i would've stayed if it had gone on for 5 more hours.

Just came back from seeing it and I wanna go back and see it again. Nothing less then amazing but I still have a problem with Bale as Batman, his voice. At times he was hard to hear what he was saying because he deepens it when he's Batman.

Ledger became Joker, he didn't play that role. Everything about his performance was great, mannerism, the way he moved, the way he talked, great. Favorite part has to be when he blew up the hospital, twice lol.
im still not convinced bale's the best batman too. he's a GREAT bruce wayne, perhaps the best. just not that good of a batman...but i got used to him and i like him now :D

Agreed, the only bad thing was it dragged out, such as Two-Face playing such a huge part. Btw, Two-Face is NOT dead, thanks TDK for pointing that out, I don't know why people thought he was.

Meh, I can't really see Robin working, but I can for sure see a third one. But sadly, I think they will go the Catwoman route or maybe Catwoman/Penguin. Possibly Riddler.

But yeah, overall I agree. Really sick movie, and Joker was amazing, imo.
it would never have been that great if dent didn't take that role. i was trying to figure out how the hell they're gonna manage to put all the attention on joker without making it stupid.

and btw, im starting to get bugged by all of you giving ALL credit for ledger. eckhart played the role as good as ledger played joker...its just the joker character that was better. joker's character is probably the 2nd best character ever anyway so yea..

Kaedon

Reaction score
Ahhh TDK its not that it was too long, its that there was too much in there. You could have made a whole other movie out of just the Two Face character. It seemed kinda rushed.

phantomgerald

Yeah I think Eckhart's a great actor, always liked him since thank you for smoking. I personally think the casting's all been great, except for Maggie Gyenhall.