Official NHL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Detroit/Anaheim... I want Anaheim to, and I predict they will (in an upset)

Lol, no.

MikeRaw

The matchups have changed slightly, and Anaheim won't be playing Detroit. If they were though, I stand by my prediction. But now Anaheim plays San Jose. My Flames still play the Blackhawks though... Should be a great series. I'm gonan be up every night til 1 or 1:30 watching all the games I can. Should be fun getting up in the mornings :shifty:

Soulpower

Time for my predictions for the first round. I'll start with the Eastern Conference match-ups.

Boston vs Montreal (Boston in 4.. maybe 5)

Although Loltreal has a history of upsetting Boston in the playoffs (02 and 04), I just don't see the Canadiens as a strong enough team to take out the Bruins. Besides, lack of Markov will really hurt Montreal

Washington vs New York Rangers (Washington in 6)

I actually think that New York could pull the upset in this series (Thus why I have it going at least 6 games), but you know... Washington has that Ovechkin kid and he's pretty good from what I've seen. :shifty:

New Jersey vs Carolina (HURRICANES IN 5!)

UPSET SPECIAL!! I see the Canes as the better offensive team, and on goal (Sorry, Brodeur).

Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia (Penguins in 7)

Why 7 games? In-state rivalry series, that's why! Only reason I'm picking Pittsburgh is due to them having home-ice advantage. This will probably be the best series in the 1st round.

On to the Western Conference:

San Jose vs Anaheim (Sharks in 7)

I see it going to 7 due to them being division rivals and Anaheim being so good on the road (Which means they can steal a game or two in San Jose), but the Sharks still have the better overall team, that's why they get the nod.

DETROIT RED WINGS AKA SEXtroit GREAT WINGS vs Columbus (Wings in 5)

First off, I'm hoping that Hossa will be 100% healthy for this series. The only reason I'm giving Columbus a game is due to Detroit's inconsistency.

Vancouver Canucks vs St Louis Blues (Canucks in 6)

This will be yet another long series. Part of me wants to pick St.Louis (Due to their outstanding record in the 2nd half), but in the end, the Canucks simply are more talented.

Chicago vs Calgary (Chicago in 5)

The Flames will continue to choke, much as they did in the regular season.

MikeRaw

Chicago vs Calgary (Chicago in 5)

The Flames will continue to choke, much as they did in the regular season.

:laugh:
Chicago will be lucky to make it out of that series alive. They'll be battered and bruised by game 3.

niggles

Reaction score
San Jose/Anaheim
Detroit/Columbus
Vancouver/St. Louis
Chicago/Calgary

Calgary are always said to be "built for the playoffs" but continue to get eliminated in the 1st round. This year shall be no different!

J

I'd say is everyone ready to grow out there playoff beards but I don't think I can grow one lolz. Sad I know.

niggles

Reaction score
I'm shaving tomorrow for the last time. As long as it doesnt look like this, you'll be ok:

ept_sports_nhl_experts-455590316-1219861771.jpg

J

Haha that's not my problem, my problem is it comes in blond as hell and looks like shit. Maybe I'll die it during playoffs lol

MikeRaw

Great night of hockey tonight. The Flames and Ducks weren't on, so I have no special attachment to any team, and quite frankly, don't give a shit who won/wins, but there was some good hockey.
The Penguins vs Flyers game was awesome. Fast, physical, and intense. Pens lead 1-0
Now I'm watching Canucks vs Blues, and it's a pretty solid game. I smell an overtime.

chessarmy

^ I hope you don't mind me asking but, when did you become a Flames fan? I thought you liked the Maple Leafs?

Anyway, the Devils are doing great so far. We're up 2-1 in the series against the Hurricanes so far. Its too bad Langebrunner's injured, but Brian Rolston is stepping up his game for us. We have lots of offensive weapons right now with Zajac, Parise, Rolston, Elias, Gionta, and Shanahan all playing well. I'd love to see Dainus Zubrus step up and actually play like a second line center, but I guess that'd be asking for too much

Go Devils!

MikeRaw

^ I hope you don't mind me asking but, when did you become a Flames fan? I thought you liked the Maple Leafs?

Anyway, the Devils are doing great so far. We're up 2-1 in the series against the Hurricanes so far. Its too bad Langebrunner's injured, but Brian Rolston is stepping up his game for us. We have lots of offensive weapons right now with Zajac, Parise, Rolston, Elias, Gionta, and Shanahan all playing well. I'd love to see Dainus Zubrus step up and actually play like a second line center, but I guess that'd be asking for too much

Go Devils!

I've been a Leaf fan since birth basically, and still am.
I've been a Flames fan since 2002.

niggles

Reaction score
rofl I can't wait to see the Sharks get swept.

niggles

Reaction score
Also, Montreal is still going to win in 7.

DONT STOP BELIEVINNNNN