Official NBA 12-13 season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think Kobe finally gets his wish and they go get Brian Shaw to be the head coach who I' am surprised you didn't bring up PSYCH.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He would need to get approval from Indiana.

Rambis has a better shot. In fact I see him coming in with Dantoni or Phil anyhow as he was Phil head defensive assistant whose schemes was used the whole title run with Kobe/Pau even after he left.

That said the best thing was to cut Mike now in early November as you have more of the season to get it together, more games and practice days than the condensed season as La is at home. For the next 2 weeks because of the way they are scheduled with the Grammys and other shows at staples in January, whoever comes in will have November and December in Staples or Cali mostly to get it together.

for what it's worth, they just said on Mason and Ireland that Phil touched down at LAX and cancelled his public speaking commitments in Chicago next week all together. Phil going to love having Jim kiss that ass tho

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Dwight also just dropped the nuclear missile to the press when asked who he wants, "Phil Jackson now and for the future"

if they think he will extend under Phil, Phil will set his fucking price lol

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Phil was also on record his last year in La saying he would start a franchise with Dwight Howard over LeBron James as he didn't view LeBron as a Michael or Kobe a wing who you build a dynasty with over a dominant big. It's not shocking why Dwight said I want Phil

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Miss my merge button, but I thought it auto merged liked the old forum

And oh we'll, fuck it mike brown is gone, hallelujah. The Hughley comedy show I'm going to tonight can't brighten my day anymore than seeing that ducking potato head getting kicked out of staples on his ass

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Nash possibly in the triangle offense is just awkward.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He can shoot can't he? Move kobe to triple post and let him handle the ball ala Pippen. Still risks a ghost and bitch Pau though but tbh his ass landed on the chopping block second brown went old yeller treatment anyhow

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah but Nash isn't a spot up guy by any means. He is a guy who is used to dominating the ball to facilitate and running a up tempo offense his whole career.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
That's why I'm saying make Nash, Scottie, primary ball handler and facilitator with Kobe as the scorer in the triple threat ala Mike. It just risks Pau at the high post which means jumpshot happy, but honestly I didn't see him sticking around anyhow with Hil returning as I can see him traded

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Staples was united "WE WANT PHIL" the last 4 minutes of the game, Celebes and all chanting it with Kobe, Pu, and Dwight clapping to the chant.

Kobe on Phil: “His last year, I wasn’t able to give him my normal self, I was playing on leg, and it was always eating away at me.”
"I think everybody heard it." -- Dwight on "We want Phil" chant. "Phil's a great coach. I've always enjoyed playing against Phil's teams."

Kobe, Dwight, and Staples basically going to get Phil bands on top of Kobe trying to get redeem that last year which he has talked about eating at him still

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Bickerstaff's after game comments were much more interesting to me.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Was having fun with it, as he may be kept on with Cleamons and Hamblen having other commitments. Eddie Jordan looked pissed because his ass fired too with Phil or Pringles. I believe Bernie has a 50/50 shot keeping a job while Persons is almost guaranteed to stay, but Ham and Eddie got walking papers on deck

Showtime

Reaction score
1. Pau is not getting traded.

2. Nash wouldn't be good in the triangle it is stupid to think he would be.

3. Phil is not the best fit in LA and it's not even close. Sloan would be the best fit and by a large margin.

4. Am I the only Lakers' fan that watched Phil's last season? Why does the guy absorb no blame for a pathetic effort by the team's part.

5. Phil retired from coaching for a reason. I don't see how that reason could have changed after a mere year away, especially considering how sure he was that he was leaving.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
1 - he very well may as he had already been and was dangled to the Wolves as well for Williams plus more, and the fact remains he can either revitalize a bench or get them some talent like Josh Smith if it becomes necessary, he's definitely 50/50 and not all together safe

2 - Phil has always shown to be willing to tweak the O. He added nothing but pick and roll when Pau was traded there mid season over teaching him sets. He allowed Farmar, Vujacic, Ariza, Brown, and Odom to run off the bench with a push it philosophy. The system Kobe and Shaq used was totally modified from Michael and Scottie to accommodate Shaq. Nash wouldn't be phased out at all.

3 - Sloan isn't the best for at all as he got ran out of Utah by Deron and Dwight isn't signed. Sloan is old school and authoritarian, but can rub guys wrong, and at the end of the day he has no rings to bitch at a Kobe as Kobe has won more than he ever could dream of, as has Pau who didn't take to Brown changing his role without question either. And you damn well may kill Nash if you ask him to be Stockton and set those picks and stuff like that.

4 - You ignore that Kobe was hurt. I'm sorry but he is still the best player Phil had on those teams and he still is playing like the best guy right now on the team. In fact Kobe is playing better now than he was Phil's last year and has been better physically post Germany as Kobe couldn't even practice Phil's last season because of the sustained knee and ankle damage he did by foolishly draining his leg 4 times that playoffs just to beat Boston and the like.Germany changed the game as Kobe hasn't missed a practice, and even his hands have been treated like his knee and ankle which shows. If you don't think Kobe would literally give it all to send Phil out better you are kidding as he admits it eats at him how it ended before.

And besides name me one team in the 90s, 80s, or 00s who made four straight finals as that is what the team tried to do Phil's last year!

5 - Phil retired because there was a lockout. He retired in 1999 and admitted in his book he would never work a condensed season. That said, he hasn't had a health problem in years and has had a clean bill of health as has been said during his checkups this and last year.

8owEC.gif