Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Moose has some slick ground game though, the way he countered that slam was dope.
i9a73ZbmJxOHI.gif

pretty slick. Munoz was a decorated collegiate wrestler but as far as MMA wrestling go he isn't at the same level as some of these other big time amateur wrestlers.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Wasn't he a D1 champ one year? From the bits I've read on Sherdog apparently he wasn't a takedown guy more of a scrambler it does kind of show in his fights still he's a decent top 10 gatekeeper. Also Hunt vs Nelson is happening in Japan which should be dope with Reem and Moose both looking to be on the undercard, hopefully they can bring the Sex back from his hiatus also I watched his fight with Shields a while ago and his judo is just :gusta: worthy.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I can't remember of Munoz was a national champion or just an all american. Either way, he has elite amateur wrestling credentials.

Can't wait to see Hunt box up Roy. Gonna be great.

as for Munoz, he needs a big step down in competition. He has faced Weidman, Machida and Moose in his last 3 poor dude.

I think he and Dan Henderson need to face off at MW in the "We don't need to be fighting top 5 fighters anymore" fight.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Anyone got any news on the apparent Jon Jones contract dispute going on?

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Anyone got any news on the apparent Jon Jones contract dispute going on?

Gustafsson got asked about it in Berlin- he said he'd already signed but he didn't really know what Jones' problem is, whether it was location, money etc.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Gustafsson got asked about it in Berlin- he said he'd already signed but he didn't really know what Jones' problem is, whether it was location, money etc.
According to Daniel Cormir in an interview it wasn't just about the Gus fight, but his contract with UFC in general.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
According to Daniel Cormir in an interview it wasn't just about the Gus fight, but his contract with UFC in general.

Honestly, I don't care what he's crying about. He just needs to sort his shit out and fight either Gus or DC.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't care what he's crying about. He just needs to sort his shit out and fight either Gus or DC.
Yeah now he's just ducking.

DC said that if Jones doesn't sign he's willing to fight Gus for the interim belt.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Correct. Jones' contract is up after the Gus fight. (or his next fight, he has 1 fight left on his deal)

Jones knows it is in his best interest to renogotiate his deal before he has zero fights left on the contract. Now, there is a champions clause in all UFC contracts, but if he were to somehow lose to Gus (not likely) the UFC would be inclined to try and jew him out of money. So he is going to get his contract extension before signing on to fight GUs.

It is just good business. Look at how much El Nino got by playing hard to get for a few weeks.

The fight is going to happen, people need to chill out about it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
You all need to stop buying into Dana White propaganda

OMG Bones is scared!!

We've already had this song and dance before UFC 151.

edit: If you need tangible evidence that Jones is doing the proper thing, just look at how negotiations for the fight have gone. The UFC foolishly wanted to force Jones to fight in Sweden, and after some negotiating where is the fight set for now? Vegas.

The fight is going to happen, Jones just has to play hard ball because the UFC is filled with greedy scumbags. Fighters are pawns in the UFC and big names like Jones can lay the groundwork for that to change. I applaud Jones personally. Fighters deserve a bigger piece of the allegedly billion dollar UFC pie.

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
yea I read that as well. Dana White spews a lot of BS, I'm waiting to hear from Jones' camp.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Jones has been super quiet. Somebody better fight, that's all I care about really.