Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
So a guy who's last 2 fights in Vitor (Hendo and Chael) will have been at 205 vs a guy who's now in his 4th fight at 205 are fighting at 205 for a shot at the 185 belt? Surely they can both have a decent cut since it's a month out from the fight.
Not to mention Chael has lost 3 of his last 4, being stopped in all 3 losses. I am a massive Chael fan as you know but shit like this makes the UFC look like a joke.

The sad thing is I could see Chael wrestle fucking Vitor and getting the title shot. I hope not, because Vitor is a lot more deserving.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Chael can wrestlefuck a lot of people but I don't see him surviving Vitor's initial onslaught he tends to just turtle up when pressured and who is better at that than Vitor? I wish he was still TRTitor for Weidman though, he's batshit crazy as it is so adding synthetic test and spinning back kicks to that was dope.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
And yea, I'm pro TRT. Hell I'm pro PEDs period. Let em get big and fucking crazy, like Wanderlei in Pride.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't see it. Weidman is pretty similar to Phil Davies except he has better striking, Weidman can beat Lyoto that way as a Weidman fan Vitor worries me more.
Machida won the Phil Davis fight lol

I'm telling you dude, Machida at 185 is a fast, scary opponent. I don't think Weidman will be able to take him down (or hold him down if he does) and Machida is going to do what he does on the feet. We will see if Weidman can crack him in the stand up, it's his only real way to stay in the fight. He won't be able to get his hands on Machida to grapple him, and even then, Machida is an underrated grappler

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The Gus vs Jones feud continues. UFC has apparently presented both fighters with a match contract. Gus has signed, Jones hasn't.

-From Gus' own facebook.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
fight has been all but official since... literally forever

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
and maybe one fight combined on the two cards I would go out of my way to see

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'm watching the card for Moose only, bad call in Barnatt vs Strickland there. Strickland just backed up against the cage for 2 rounds...

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm at work but I saw on sherdog they were big time bitching about that decision

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Not the best Fight Night that I've seen, barnatt didn't deserve the loss at all. Some of these judges are in another world.