Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Apparently Wand has pulled out and its Vitor vs Chael at 175 now. Chael's getting Bisping'd.

Where did you hear that?

I'm going to the Berlin Fight Night on Saturday. Not exactly a top card, but it should still be a lot of fun.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Moose will clown him some of his sweeps are slick, you guys seen his trip on Sokudija in Strike force? That shit was dope.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
yea I remember that fight.

I had so much hope for Sok after the Lil Nog an Arona fights in Pride.

actually watched Sok vs Machida last night.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I rember reading he was seen as a prodigy towards the end of Pride, what happened to Arona? His top game was really elite wasn't it?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I rember reading he was seen as a prodigy towards the end of Pride, what happened to Arona? His top game was really elite wasn't it?
Pretty sure Arona just runs a gym in Brazil and surfs and shit. He was a great grappler but sort of boring tbf

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Looks like he's had some major knee issues which is a shame for any athlete but I had to laugh at him beating Jones and using Reem as a way to back it up, I've seen Alistair during his 205 days and he was kind of like Jones for a few minutes before he gassed with his bizarre striking only.

It's strange but I've actually become more interested in the grappling side of things recently an example was the first round of Maia vs Macdonald, the way Maia mounted him was dope but Rory hanging out there and never been in any danger was impressive. Apparently Brown vs Lawler is for a title shot, no idea where that leaves Rory and Woodley now though.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Lawler will walk through Brown

if UFC had better scoring system Lawler would already be champ. He beat up Hendricks but lost on points. I hate fights where one guy barely edges X number of rounds and the other guy beats his ass in a round or 2 but loses on points.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Apparently Wand has pulled out and its Vitor vs Chael at 175 now. Chael's getting Bisping'd.
Get this. the fight is at 205 but the winner gets the winner of Machida/Weidman. never heard some BS like that before.

I hate the UFC sometimes

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
So a guy who's last 2 fights in Vitor (Hendo and Chael) will have been at 205 vs a guy who's now in his 4th fight at 205 are fighting at 205 for a shot at the 185 belt? Surely they can both have a decent cut since it's a month out from the fight.