Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Nice knockout in the 3rd for Lawler, like I said I don't know much about the current people on the card but he's who I was eyeing to win tonight :p

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Shit... I fell asleep before the card started and read some results did not see that coming.
I fell asleep right before the main event. Even reading what happened I don't regret it lol. Fuck 135 pounders

I did see what I wanted to see though. Lawler being a boss and DC ragdolling Hendo like he was a bantamweight

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Seabsy bb how would you breakdown DC vs Jones?? Forget for a second that you think Gus has a chance in the rematch.

I think DC is the best p4p fighter on the planet. dudes cannot fuck with him, period. Holy FUCK is he good.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just watched Dillashaw vs Barao. No doubt TJ deserved the win and the title, he bloody dominated Barao. Congrats, champ!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I think Barao had his guard down a bit; he thought he had that shit in the bag.
The event was okay, idk it definitely didn't spark back my UFC interest but it was nice seeing something other than Baseball on every TV in the bar.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Seabsy bb how would you breakdown DC vs Jones?? Forget for a second that you think Gus has a chance in the rematch.

I think DC is the best p4p fighter on the planet. dudes cannot fuck with him, period. Holy FUCK is he good.
@seabs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

I went to reply to this a few days ago then I realized I have no idea how this would go down. DC has never faced someone with the size and speed of Bones, he's obviously bullied big guys such as Bigfoot and Barnett but neither of those are really quick. DC has to be in the top 3 p4p fighters with Jones and Cain (I know a lot of people discredit him because he's a HW but he's easily one of the most well rounded fighters in the company)

DC will hopefully try and bully Jones against the cage wall in a similar way to how Cain did against JDS to negate Jones' reach advantage. Plus he has a tailor made sparring partner in Rockhold to prepare for Jones with. So yeah I see DC pushing Jones around in a clinch against the cage wall and boxing him up inside, how cool would a slam similar to the one he hit Barnett with be though?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I went to reply to this a few days ago then I realized I have no idea how this would go down. DC has never faced someone with the size and speed of Bones, he's obviously bullied big guys such as Bigfoot and Barnett but neither of those are really quick. DC has to be in the top 3 p4p fighters with Jones and Cain (I know a lot of people discredit him because he's a HW but he's easily one of the most well rounded fighters in the company)

DC will hopefully try and bully Jones against the cage wall in a similar way to how Cain did against JDS to negate Jones' reach advantage. Plus he has a tailor made sparring partner in Rockhold to prepare for Jones with. So yeah I see DC pushing Jones around in a clinch against the cage wall and boxing him up inside, how cool would a slam similar to the one he hit Barnett with be though?

I know Dan is old and belongs at 185, but damn damn damn.

ibbHzW91BkB7NA.gif

tumblr_n642czZmh11rofocqo1_500.gif

I think DC vs Jones is interesting, but I favor DC. Jones, to me, has two advantages, muay thai and length. Cormier, to my eye, is a lot more athletic, quick, explosive and obviously physically strong. He is also incredibly smart and approaches each fight with a gameplan tailored for his opponent. I agree with you that his gameplan could be to push Jones up against the cage, but likewise, Jones is also a very smart fighter. IMO it would come down to Cormier's wrestling just being at another level. As crazy as it is to say, I really think he can take down, control and beat up Jones on the ground. His wrestling is that legit. I also think that, unlike in this fight, he won't have to worry about Jon Jones KO'ing him, as Jones hasn't shown one shot KO power, especially in his hands. Cormier has great footwork and quick hands, I think even in a straight kickboxing match he can at the very least hold his own long enough to put the fight into an advantageous situation for himself.

Idk, Gus/Jones II just seems lackluster compared to this fight. I want DC/Jones NOW. Put Gus in a title eliminator vs Rumble and let's do DC vs Jones first.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I want Gus to win the title, but at the same time all I want is to see Jones get a total pasting from DC.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Gus might actually be a tougher match up for DC, if he somehow beats Jones in the rematch. Gus and his Dominick Cruz style could stifle DC a bit, though ultimately he would probably wind up getting rag dolled once DC got a hold of him.