Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Yep the powerbomb on arona was great too.
sigh.

I miss prime Rampage. I still blame the Forrest Griffin botched decision for sending him over the deep edge. He was never the same after that fight and this shit:

5e6250fb6225d87cb72cd8b508f3be84.jpg

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
@Tyler Durden you watching tonight? I'm not overly interested, don't think Glover has anything for Jones

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
sigh.

I miss prime Rampage. I still blame the Forrest Griffin botched decision for sending him over the deep edge. He was never the same after that fight and this shit:

5e6250fb6225d87cb72cd8b508f3be84.jpg

lol whats the story behind this?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Jones did some great work in that fight especially against the cage. I'm watch Rumble vs Davies and damn Rumble could be a threat his wrestling and power just screams sprawl and brawl time. If he can go 5 rounds with Bones or Gus it would be very interesting. The fact he even tried to get to 170 is horrifying too.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Rumble looked great, but Bones would beat him via whatever he wanted. He is just at another level.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
D'Z you watching 173 or do you still duck out of anything sub 155?
I'm hyped for DC taking out Hendo and Lawler vs Ellenberger. Barao vs lesser opponent doesn't intrigue me.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Is there any BW that can challenge Barao? Faber is the next best shot and that is a long shot, Cruz maybe but I doubt he'll ever fight again.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Is there any BW that can challenge Barao? Faber is the next best shot and that is a long shot, Cruz maybe but I doubt he'll ever fight again.
Fuck Cruz, point fighting pussy. Faber has no shot as much as I love him.

The people I think present an interesting match up for Barao are all at 125 currently (puke, get rid of that shit)

Mighty Mouse, Joseph Benavidez, Uncle Creepy. These are fights I wouldn't mind watching.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Fuck Cruz, point fighting pussy. Faber has no shot as much as I love him.

The people I think present an interesting match up for Barao are all at 125 currently (puke, get rid of that shit)

Mighty Mouse, Joseph Benavidez, Uncle Creepy. These are fights I wouldn't mind watching.
I don't see how any of those guys don't get beaten down in all honesty, Barao is too big for them all IMO. Doesn't he weight nearly 160 come fight night? I can see some FW guys being an issue for him such as Cub and Mendes (didn't Mendes say he could make 135 at one point?) but they won't move down unless Mendes loses to Aldo again and he doesn't move up.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't see how any of those guys don't get beaten down in all honesty, Barao is too big for them all IMO. Doesn't he weight nearly 160 come fight night? I can see some FW guys being an issue for him such as Cub and Mendes (didn't Mendes say he could make 135 at one point?) but they won't move down unless Mendes loses to Aldo again and he doesn't move up.
Barao is too strong but the reason the fights would intrigue me is because they bring more speed to the table than the guys Barao has been running through.

I really hate the every 10 lbs shit though. 145 is as low as it needs to go. The flyweights could all fight at 145 and have a huge speed advantage in doing so.

and nah, I don't see Cub or Mendes having anything for Barao. I'm telling you the 125rs are the best bet of someone beating Barao, particularly DJ or Joseph B. They both have plenty of experience fighting bigger dudes before the UFC added the Flyweight class, they wouldn't be shocked at Barao's size.