Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Rather than watch the undercard I'm going through Bas Rutten's career lol

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Bas was dope in Pancrase, I saw his fight with Randleman and I have no idea why he was given the nod there though.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Bas was dope in Pancrase, I saw his fight with Randleman and I have no idea why he was given the nod there though.
Yea, not a good decision. I've seen his UFC stuff and later years, I've never seen early Pancrase stuff. I may just go back and watch some Pancrase events if I can find them... They had a lot of dope guys

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'll just leave these here as I go.. going through his fights chronologically

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Hmm, seems after a few years away from watching UFC the names on the cards look very different. Then I remembered that this was spose to be headlined by Weidman and Belfort IIRC. Which of the matches on the main card should I pay attention to at the bar tonight? I'm intrigued by Dillashaw embracing the underdog role in this match, he doesn't look like he's prepared to back down all though Barao is a beast from some highlights they've been showing.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Hmm, seems after a few years away from watching UFC the names on the cards look very different. Then I remembered that this was spose to be headlined by Weidman and Belfort IIRC. Which of the matches on the main card should I pay attention to at the bar tonight? I'm intrigued by Dillashaw embracing the underdog role in this match, he doesn't look like he's prepared to back down all though Barao is a beast from some highlights they've been showing.

Lawler vs Ellenberger will probably be the most entertaining fight, yep Barao is a monster also. If Cormier beats Hendo it looks like he'll get a shot at Jones / Gus for the LHW title soon also.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Lawler vs Ellenberger will probably be the most entertaining fight, yep Barao is a monster also. If Cormier beats Hendo it looks like he'll get a shot at Jones / Gus for the LHW title soon also.
lol @ "slash gus"

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Alright I'll keep my eyes peeled, too many baseball games on lol they have one screen with the fight on and I posted up right by it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
After how close it was last time I don't think anyone can guarantee it will be Bones, it's not even a anything can happen in MMA moment it's a very close fight.
Jones Big toe was crooked in that fight. Healthy Jones will rape Gus, no question in my mind.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
This should be fun I think the last fight I watched was the one where Silva broke his leg vs Weidman and then prior to that I wanna say it was a Chuck Liddel fight. I used to watch it all the time when it was on Spike same with the Ultimate Fighter itself, idk why I haven't watched it as much even though its on arguably a more popular outlet.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
This should be fun I think the last fight I watched was the one where Silva broke his leg vs Weidman and then prior to that I wanna say it was a Chuck Liddel fight. I used to watch it all the time when it was on Spike same with the Ultimate Fighter itself, idk why I haven't watched it as much even though its on arguably a more popular outlet.
My happiest moment as an MMA fan was watching Chuck get KTFO the 2nd time by Rampage

66z2n7.jpg

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
My happiest moment as an MMA fan was watching Chuck get KTFO the 2nd time by Rampage

66z2n7.jpg
That was probably like two months after I started watching.. like UFC 70, 71 or 72? can't recall exactly. I never actually had a favorite UFC fighter.. I really liked one guy who came out of the Ultimate Fighter one year I think it was 6 or 7; he didn't win I don't believe his name was Jesse "JT Money" Taylor. I think he did some work in other circuits like Strikeforce or what not but I'm not sure if he ever hit it big.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Jones Big toe was crooked in that fight. Healthy Jones will rape Gus, no question in my mind.
If he wrestles then possibly but if he tries to stand with Gus again then it's up in the air plus Gus' wrestling looked pretty great in their last fight. The mental aspect could be interesting no one has dragged Bones into those deepwaters like Gus did. I'd favour Jones slightly if pushed for a prediction but I wouldn't be willing to bet on it.

Why do you think he'll run through Gus?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
If he wrestles then possibly but if he tries to stand with Gus again then it's up in the air plus Gus' wrestling looked pretty great in their last fight. The mental aspect could be interesting no one has dragged Bones into those deepwaters like Gus did. I'd favour Jones slightly if pushed for a prediction but I wouldn't be willing to bet on it.

Why do you think he'll run through Gus?
I think Jones was figuring Gus out as the fight went on. He abandoned traditional boxing for a muay thai approach and was picking Gus apart with knees, kicks and elbows. Gus started to panic and wanted to take things to the ground and Jones wasn't having it.

Jones foot was also fucked up for the fight. When they fight again I expect it will look like a continuation of late round 4/round 5. Jones will control things with his kicks. Gus wants to circle about and move in/out, Jones can work low kicks to counter that. For whatever reason Jones wasn't throwing many kicks early in the fight. Gus caught a couple of kicks and swept him once or twice, but he is still feeling the force. If Jones mixes it up, low kicks, body kicks, knees, head kicks... I don't see Gus having much for him. I really think Jones foot injury was a big reason why Gus was out wrestling him as well... I view that as an anomaly and would still give Jones the wrestling advantage moving into the rematch.