Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Not sure if you are being facetious or not, but there is a 0% chance Jones is afraid of either guy. Come on.
If Jones wasn't veary of either guy he wouldn't be trying to get out of fights by trying to set up "X faces Y before getting to me". He should be a fighting champ and face whoever Dana throws at him IMO.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
If Jones wasn't veary of either guy he wouldn't be trying to get out of fights by trying to set up "X faces Y before getting to me". He should be a fighting champ and face whoever Dana throws at him IMO.
Which he will. Jones has a fight with Glover to get through before anyone worries about his next fight ffs

I mean come on man, I'm a known Jones hater but you are forcing me into defending the kid. He is a cockboy for sure, but he isn't afraid if fighting top contenders. He ran through a list of legends longer than most will ever fight by the time he was 25. Dude is as legit as they come.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
How can anyone hate Bones? He's always in entertaining fights and doesn't seem to be more confident than any other champ.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
How can anyone hate Bones? He's always in entertaining fights and doesn't seem to be more confident than any other champ.
He's a boring bible thumping fuck boy lol. I like watching him fight, sure, but personality wise he is as lame as they come. Even his fights have taken a step back from how exciting he was 2-3 years ago. He seems to have gotten complacent and lost his killer instinct

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Hendricks made weight. Let's do this.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Jeez Johnny looks drained at 171.5 not Shields bad but still bad. Hyped for this card though Diego,Condit, Lawler,Hendricks and Lombard can always be fun.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Nick was in the crowd for the weigh ins shouting out at Johnny, was pretty weird.
I watched the vid and couldn't hear or see him :((

This card is awesome. So many great 170 lb fights. I'm pretty amped for all of the main card fights.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
nobody watching tonight? you guys are fags

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I slept caught the show glad Johnny got the belt, shame with Condit's knee though. Wait wut Joe wants Ares vs Johnny? His Maia win was impressive but he has nothing for Johnny.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I slept caught the show glad Johnny got the belt, shame with Condit's knee though. Wait wut Joe wants Ares vs Johnny? His Maia win was impressive but he has nothing for Johnny.
I disagree. Rory is a smooth motherfucker and I think he could present some problems for Johnny on the feet. I think it has the potential to be a great fight, since we probably will get it since the UFC is pushing for it.

I think any of the top WWs could beat any of the other top WWs. It is simply an awesome division. I would rank them:

1.) Hendricks- The power, the wrestling and his striking was 10 X more versatile last night then we had seen from him
2.) Tyron Woodley- dude is just scary. People toss out the injury excuse, but like Woodley said, CC didn't tear his ACL walking up the ramp. He tore it dealing with a power double. The fight could have gone either way, but Woodley won. His wrestling and power are a problem for anyone including Johnny. The one problem for Woodley is conditioning, carrying around all that muscle
3.) Robbie Lawler- warrior. His TDD last night was spectacular. His boxing is probably the best in the division. He easily could have won that fight last night
4.) Condit- put him slightly above Rory, though I really want to see them fight again, but Condit will probably not fight for a year or so.
5.) Rory- So versatile and always improving. He probably gets the next title shot even if others are more deserving, but that doesn't mean he can't beat Hendricks
6.) Lombard- didn't show killer instinct vs Shields but my god he was impressive. The striking was obviously going to be in Lombard's advantage, but his judo shined against an excellent grappler in Shields. Just so physically emposing

The list goes on and on with Ellenberger, Stun Gun, Maia...

It will be interesting to see who fights who with Woodley, Lawler and Lombard all being ATT.

The fights I most would want to see would be Lawler vs Lombard, Woodley vs Hendricks and Rory in a re-match vs Lawler and/or Condit eventually.