Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I'd be so fucking ashamed if it were me who'd have talked that much shit and then got beaten.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'd be so fucking ashamed if it were me who'd have talked that much shit and then got beaten.
Nah, the fight had to be sold that way. Understand that there is a certain pro wrestling aspect to MMA. Dana White and certain fighters get that, my man Chael Sonnen being the best shining example.

Cummings had 2 weeks to try and drum up excitement for a fight that nobody gave him a chance in hell to win and he did a decent job of that. No shame in trying to sell the fight, but I had heard he was supposed to be some great prospect. Sure, he might still be, but he didn't show anything. Rogan was just like "Well this is the difference between a guy who has beat up BIgfoot Silva, Frank Mir, Josh Barnett... and a guy who has 4 fights" yea no shit Joe, lol.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Good old Joe.
I guess I have to admire the guy for getting a co-headline main event for his debut there. And I'm guessing I'd be dead in like a second if I were in the octagon.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Oh and that Rory McDonald Damian Maia fight was awesome as well. Easily FOTN, and Rory impressed me weathering Maia's top game and stuffing like 20 takedowns.

Rory should face the winner of the title match between Hendricks and Lawler.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
- In classic Diaz fashion, Nate Diaz recently sent a Tweet to UFC president Dana White asking to be let go from the promotion.
"@ufc @danawhite I would like to request to be released from the @ufc Its time for me to be on my way .. ?," the younger Diaz posted.

No further word on why Diaz wants out, or if it has anything to do with his teammate Gilbert Melendez getting big money offers from Bellator during recent contract negotiations with the UFC.

- In a surprising move, the Nevada State Athletic Commission voted unanimously today to ban therapeutic use exemptions for testosterone replacement therapy.

The NSAC explained that the ban is a result of too few resources for thorough monitoring of TUEs. From here on out, the NSAC will not recognize TUEs granted in other states or allow anyone to apply or reapply for a TUE. The UFC issued a statement in support of the NSAC's ruling.

"The Ultimate Fighting Championship fully supports the decision made today by the Nevada State Athletic Commission regarding the immediate termination of therapeutic use exemptions (TUE) for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). We believe our athletes should compete based on their natural abilities and on an even playing field. We also intend to honor this ruling in international markets where, due to a lack of governing bodies, the UFC oversees regulatory efforts for our live events. We encourage all athletic commissions to adopt this ruling."

The ban will be in effect for Vitor Belfort's title fight against champ Chris Weidman, which takes place in two months.

- After getting called out by UFC president Dana White, Alistair Overeem is looking to get back in the cage as soon as possible to prove that he's not ducking anyone -- once a nagging rib injury heals up.

According to a report from UFC Tonight, Overeem is currently on vacation in Jamaica and has been doing some therapy to alleviate his discomfort. He plans to return to Holland to get the injury diagnosed before he agrees to a fight.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...fighter-requests-release/#TiDJQL6oeKP0Vlu1.99

@Dolph'sZiggler ya boy is at it again.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
no more TRT? wtf. I want to see guys like Dan Henderson fight until they are 50.

just legalize PEDs you stupid fucks

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
yea after looking into Nate real quick he is joking. Surely. When Gilbert tried to leave he got a fat deal, so maybe that's what Nate is hinting at. He is upset that he makes peanuts compared to his value and talent as a fighter.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Thoughts on Machida replacing Vitor against Weidman? I see Weidman running through Machida.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Vitor was the more interesting fight, but Machida is always fun for me to watch with his style. I think Machida has a shot. Weidman will have trouble getting in range to take him down and standing up Machida is tough to prepare for.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Took long enough!
Gil has always been one of my favorites since I first saw him in Pride. I always respect guys with freakish cardio who push the pace (thus my love for the Diaz brothers)

melendez-jukegqyl3.gif

Reactions: TheArabHammer