Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I like the concept of doing tests every 2 weeks for the 8 weeks up to a fight where you need to be within a certain range each test. One guy I love in this regard is Frankie Edgar, he's not even a big flyweight and managed to pick up the 155 belt thats pretty awesome, similar to BJ and his fat fuck look at 170 and beating Hughes / pushing GSP in the first fight, have you seen his fight with Machida?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I like the concept of doing tests every 2 weeks for the 8 weeks up to a fight where you need to be within a certain range each test. One guy I love in this regard is Frankie Edgar, he's not even a big flyweight and managed to pick up the 155 belt thats pretty awesome, similar to BJ and his fat fuck look at 170 and beating Hughes / pushing GSP in the first fight, have you seen his fight with Machida?
I have, and I thought he should have won the decision. At least you can easily formulate the argument that he won the fight.

BJ is the man. To the death!

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I think you can have doctors monitoring a guys weight during camp just like they do random drug testing now. I think Joe mentions it in the article I posted. Personally if I ran the UFC I would just start telling guys where they are to compete, eliminating the extra ridiculous BS.

I would say force guys to compete in the proper weight division based on the weight they walk around at. If you walk around at 210-220, you are a LHW. I don't care if you can kill yourself to make 185, you are a LHW. Same with big LHWs who cut from 230+. You are a HW. Anyone cutting 25+ pounds during camp, especially the ones who lose the last 10-15 of water weight, simply can't be healthy for you.

And I realize weight cutting is a double edged sword. Not everyone can just cut 50 pounds and win fights by being bigger and stronger. It is an ability, but one I would rather not see factor into fights. On the flip side of smooth weight cuts we often times see major weight cutting result in drained fighters and poor fights.

I had this argument with my boyfriend and I totally agree with you.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Wand runs from a test, Vitor might not be licensed due to a positive test and Chael fails a test. Such a saga.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Watched Chaels interview on it, and I assume he will win. He went big with the fertility throw out and will most likely miss one match max. Dude's trying to get his lady pregnant and it wasnt a steroid or performance enhancer, I see no problem at all.

As always i'm with the guy. He talks too much if anything, i dont expect to see him proved wrong.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I can't recall a guy ever beating a case with a SAC after failing a drug test

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I said he will probably miss this fight but be back after. I mean how many people heard "fertility issues" and immediately understood. I don't expect him for this fight, but I do worry about how much he mentioned in the interview that he would choose it over staying in MMA. Maybe we could see Chael someday in WWE. I'm being 100% serious.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I said he will probably miss this fight but be back after. I mean how many people heard "fertility issues" and immediately understood. I don't expect him for this fight, but I do worry about how much he mentioned in the interview that he would choose it over staying in MMA. Maybe we could see Chael someday in WWE. I'm being 100% serious.
He has failed before. In the UFC a failed test is at least a year ban I'm pretty sure.

Oh, and he is done btw http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/1...onnen-announces-retirement-mixed-martial-arts

sad, but time for him to become a full time analyst. Fuck the stupid ass NSAC for banning TRT. Who doesn't want to see juiced up Chael sell more PPVs by running his mouth? Fuck this shit

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
only exciting fight tonight IMO is Woodley vs Rory

AA return could be exciting

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Slept instead MM doesn't really interest me and I'm guessing Rory jabbed a decision vs Woodley Abu Schabi getting ktfo again could be dope though.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I was in and out of consciousness for the Rory fight... the shit card leading up to it had me in a daze. From what I saw he was very impressive, but in his typical "cautious" way. He wasn't just jabbing, he was outclassing Woodley on the feet with movement and quickness, but didn't seem interested in putting a beating on him. His TDD was class for the most part.