Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I didn't watch the MM fight.

I'm trying to give 135 pounders a chance (Faber champ soon!!!!) but 125? eat my boogers

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
So SCott Coker, the dude who ran Strikeforce, is taking over Bellator for Bjorn and they are going to move away from the tourney format and start to run more traditional events.

This could big good news for them IMO... if they continue to do things the right way they could easily begin to push the UFC with a bit of competition... their PPV did good #s and got solid reviews from most fans. WSOF has some decent fighters as well now so hopefully these orgs can begin to build themselves up.. I hate only having 1 legit company.. I used to love Strikeforce, WEC, especially Pride... we need variety.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Just heard 174 may have done 5 digit buy rates lmfao, less than 100,000 buys

that is fucking crazy. Good though, wake up UFC and give us some decent fucking PPV line ups back.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Speaking of botched buy rates, the July card, which originally had aspirations of 700k PPV buys, is now floundering. No Chael vs Vitor or Wanderlei.. and now they decided to put Faber/Bruce Leroy on prelims fucking morons

http://www.ufc.ca/event/UFC175#/fight

I'm saying 400k buy rates would be a stretch at this point... You have a MW title fight, women fight (which, Rousey draws, but let's be honest these are glorified squash matches) and 3 fights that are barely PPV worthy.

Another shitty PPV from UFC. Uriah Hall? on the main card of a PPV? fuck outa here UFC nobody is going to pay for this shit

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Faber is on the prelims? Who the fuck puts the most popular fighter sub 155 on the fucking prelims? This card draws above 500 I'm sure but they're making it so awkward.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It is totally in the air. Ronda has drawn, but is she a niche? How long does it last? Probably through this PPV at least.

but an even bigger wild card is how do es Weidman draw vs a non-GOAT opponent? Dude has no personality and I've heard minimal mainstream hype for he vs Machida.

If the UFC doesn't start marketing the hell out of this PPV for the next two weeks (and again, I've yet to see a single ad for it) they are going to be sorely disappointed with PPV buyrate results. Putting, quite literally all of your eggs into two fighters baskets (Ronda and Weidman) when neither is a long term proven draw is just silly, especially considering they have such high hopes for this card.

Ultimately though, the card was fucked without Chael. Faber is a nice little draw no pun intended but he probably doesn't make a huge difference. Just the fights they put on PPV over him are pathetic, and if this costs him PPV bonus income that is bullshit, as he is easily one of the top 3 draws on the lineup.

Struve/Mitrione
HallSantos
and Brimage vs dude I've never even heard of

&+^^ that is the 3 main card fights on your most hyped PPV of the summer? Look at the cards leading up to this one and following it, there is NOTHING, and this "big card" has 3 shit fights on the main card. UFC is slipping, but I dig it. As an MMA fan I sort of root against the UFC

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Bigfoot wants to face Barnett, to which the Warmaster had this to say:
”Here’s the thing, if you really didn’t like somebody, most people think, ‘aw, well the thing is you’ve gotta itch for that time to get him in the cage.’ Look, getting in the cage is a privilege. You’re going to make money by fighting me. You’re going to gain notoriety, even after I smash your face, and all I’m doing is making your life better, if you can sorta see past the face smashing.”

”For me, I’m not trying to help this guy out. I don’t like him, and I don’t like the way he approached anything about what he did back in his Strikeforce days and all of that. I had never even talked about this dude. He brought up all this stuff, made this huge kerfuffle, so my response is: F him. I’m not going to help him gain any ground in any way, even by losing to me. I’m not going to get him paid. I’m not going to going to get him anything, if I can help it.”

-MMAhour

@seabs your boy the warmaster at it

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
JDS would possibly send my boy Barnett into retirement

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
looks like UFC released Chael Sonnen from FOX Sports Broadcasting after second failed drug test.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Pretty weak, yeah he failed but he isn't gonna fight anytime soon. Its a fuck up on his behalf but removal from an analysts job because of it?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
looks like UFC released Chael Sonnen from FOX Sports Broadcasting after second failed drug test.
Good, fuck UFC. Chael deserves better.

Chael is the one man that can respark my interest in pro wrestling. Push him to the top