Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Dude, almost everyone is the juice. Quite frankly, I haven't cared about steroids in baseball in a loooooong time!

I'm more interested in finding out who's the douche (Or douches) that keeps releasing all these names when the results were supposed to be CONFIDENTIAL!!!

Edit:By the way, Red Sox win as DAVID ORTIZ hit the go ahead homer in the 7th.

Wordlife

I love how the Cubs won both yesterday and today.... and scored 12 both games haha

Travis40

Rangers top prospect, Derek Holland had a perfect game through 4 2/3 against Seattle. Here's his line

8.2 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 1 ER, 10 K

And he's my favorite player, no joke....he's been my favorite since April, when he made his ML Debut. Nolan Ryan said after the game that Texas was talking with Toronto, but it was too early to tell. He all but said that Holland would not be traded to Toronto.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I think that whole steroid report is so biased. The whole Mitchell Report showed only A-Rod, a Yankee that tested positive for roids. The other 100 names were kept confidential. But Ortiz and Manny were only found out now. The writer of the Report used to work for the Red Sox. Any coincidence?

Travis40

Sox got Peavy

:happybday:

lol, I thought it was a joke or something when they first said that Peavy had been traded to the Sox. What I don't understand, is why he finally decided he wanted to go to Chicago, when he refused to waive his NTC earlier in the year.

And J.P. Ricciardi said that he'll listen to offers in the offseason for Halladay, and he hopes "that the offers will be better". I don't think he understands that Halladay's trade value just fell like a rock, and that the offers he got in the past couple of days will be the best that he's gonna get.

ratedrko09

Reaction score
damn my yanks are struggling right now after a great streak to start the post-ASG schedule. Hope CC stops it today.

PeepShow

lol, I thought it was a joke or something when they first said that Peavy had been traded to the Sox. What I don't understand, is why he finally decided he wanted to go to Chicago, when he refused to waive his NTC earlier in the year.

Peavy said:
"At the time, I thought San Diego was the place to be for me. We were right in the thick of things, had won five or six in a row, eventually ran off 10 in a row," Peavy said at a news conference that was attended briefly by Spike Lee. "Injuries struck our team pretty hard. We obviously are in a different place right now than we were there then."

"The White Sox are in a totally different position than they were," he added.

ratedrko09

Reaction score
as rosenthal reported it was not a definite no but a not yet.

MikeRaw

Honestly, Ricky Romero is starting to make a case for the AL Cy Young. I don't think he will win it, and I don't think he should, BUT, he's pitching great, and is one of the AL's top pitchers this year. Funny thing is, he's only 24, and this is his rookie year, and some people were upset we drafted him. Now, he's 10-4, with an ERA just over 3, and has been our best pitcher, after Halladay, and possibly even better than Halladay.
The Jays suck, but Romero rules.

Oh, so does Hill. Got his 26th homer today.

ratedrko09

Reaction score
hill and romero are good man. but cy young this year? not very likely to be frank unless he goes RJ circa post-ASG1998 when he went to Houston

MikeRaw

^That's what I'm saying. He won't win. I can think of at least 4 or 5 guys who deserve it ahead of Romero. What I'm syaing is I think he's proving that he'll probably win one at some point in his career, and although he wont' win this year, he's proving he's a top pitcher in the AL.
The one thing that's good about the Jays is our pitching. It's more than Halladay too. Brett Cecil is just 22 and he's 5-1, Romero, as mentioned, is 24, and is 10-4, Mark Rzepchynzky is 22 and is 2-1 (lots of no decisions), and we have a ton of prospects.
I at least can look forward to next year. In past years, it was always no offense, and great pitching. This year, we finally have Aaron Hill going good, and becoming a superstar. Adam Lind has 24 home runs or whatever it is, and is becoming a superstar, at only 25. Snider was sent down, but at only 21, he should be good next year, and the offense shoudl continue next year. This year, it was pitching injured that were the problem. If Lind, Hill, Snider, Rios, and Wells all hit to their potential next year, like they have (except Wells) this year, with a healthy Marcum and McGowan pitching, after missing all this year, alongside Cecil, Romero, and possibly Halladay, next year should be pretty good. Better than this year, hopefully.

Travis40

Wow....the Angels are starting to bug the hell out of me. They never fucking lose.

MikeRaw

PEEPSHOW

Not that I like the Yankees or anything, but remember this? Last season, I said they would sign Sabathia and Teixeira. You said they wouldn't, and you'd save my posts to laugh at me. I sure as hell wish they didn't, cause they're destroying my Jays, but, I finalyl rmemebered this, and just had to point it out for you. So, yeah...

There is no way the Yanks are going to get both Sabathia and Teixiera. The more likely option would be Sabathia. Teixiera is going to resign with the Halos.

^Well i think they could get both. Money would never be a problem, but if it was, like I said, Abreu probably wouldn't be back if Tex came, and Giambi as well. So they could definately afford it. And why wouldn't he want to go there? I know not everyone wants to, but again, I think he would want to.

yeah I highly doubt the yankees will get both

Wait til the offseason. It's happening.

I'll be saving these posts by MikeRaw so I can laugh @ his expense when the Yankees don't acquire either one of them.

^If they don't Ill laugh at myself. But I'm yet to see an argument as to why they would't get at least one.

lmfao... I would have to agree Peep, I dont think they need Texiera nor Sabathia... they need like a K-Rod or a Marmol/Howry type (if your a cubs fan, youd know)

They dont need Texiera or Sabathia? They could certainly use them... Giambi is like 67 years old, and will be gone, so he could replace him. And Sabathia would just ensure the pitching, because he's sorta young, and would fit well.
So if you think they won't get them, I understand, but I don't get how you can say they don't need them.

ND GRAD :happybday:

:confused:

Never said they didn't need him. I understand you want him to go there, but going about it by doing what you are doing and saying that just b/c you want him there is kind of hilarious.

Did you save the posts :shifty:...

PeepShow

:lmao I remembered that the day they signed Teixeira and was like O SHIT. I was like FUCK he's going to say something, and you never did until now. :lmao