Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

I know, lol. I totally forget. I think it's cause I was inactive during that time, and when I came back, didn't even give a shit. Then tonight, I was flipping through MLB Extra Innings and saw the Yankees game, with Teixeira up to bat, and suddenly I just remembered :laugh:

straight_edge76

What I have noticed is whenever a pitcher hits a Yankee batter it always seems to be Big Tex...

Travis40

The Rangers had a 2-0 lead going into the bottom of the 9th, and brought in CJ Wilson, only for him to blow the game. The only good note is that the Rangers #1 prospect (think he was #1), made his ML debut tonight.

2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4K

He even hit 101 MPH.

ratedrko09

Reaction score
what a debut for feliz. hope he can help my fantasy team's ratios

Travis40

I hate CJ Wilson. He almost gave up the winning HR against Oakland in the 9th. Rangers only take one of 4 from Oakland :nonono:

At least Texas is staying even with the Angels.....now onto Anaheim for the nail in the coffin :(

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Does anyone think Boston can get the Wild Card spot? They've been horrible lately, and the Rays are right behind them. The Yankee series could kill them this weekend, even if they have Martinez and Kotchman now.

I hate how ESPN's big story of the first game of the Yanks/Sox series is that John Smoltz can't pitch anymore, and not how the Yankees stomped on their face. I think that's been clear since his first start this year. Total bias.

MikeRaw

Lol, what a shitty night.
Jays honoured the 93 and 93 world series teams, which was great, seeing guys like Joe Carter, Roberto Alomar, Dave Winfield, etc all there, but other than that...

Travis40

Does anyone think Boston can get the Wild Card spot? They've been horrible lately, and the Rays are right behind them. The Yankee series could kill them this weekend, even if they have Martinez and Kotchman now.

I hate how ESPN's big story of the first game of the Yanks/Sox series is that John Smoltz can't pitch anymore, and not how the Yankees stomped on their face. I think that's been clear since his first start this year. Total bias.

The Wild Card spot will probably belong to whoever doesn't win the AL West.

Boston has this series against New York coming up (they'll probably get swept), and then they have another tough series against Detroit (they'll probably take 2), then they go to Texas (they probably take 1 of 3). If the Angels and Rangers play well against Tampa/Boston/NY, I think there's a very good chance that either the Angels or Rangers will take the Wild Card.

lol at John Smoltz

Rangers beat the Angels 11-6. Neftali Feliz threw at least 3 pitches at 101 MPH that I saw. Rangers hit 5 home runs, and actually looked like they had a clue at the plate :clap:.

Today, Kevin Millwood is making his first start since he had a problem with his left glute >_>

The Yanks/Sox game was amazing....I think the only time I root for the Yankees is when they play the Angels or Red Sox, lol.

I don't think the Dodgers will win the NL West. I think the Rockies will make another run like they did in 2007. The Dodgers will win the WC though, and the Giants don't have the hitting to contend with LA or Colorado.

Houston just kinda fell off the face of the Earth after their hot streak.

Old Man Vizquel went 4-5 with his first HR since 2007.

Holy shit, the Nationals have won 6 in a row :laugh:

Vicente Padilla got DFA'd yesterday, and the Rangers aren't going to keep him this time. I read that the incident in Oakland the other night was the final straw. He hit someone on the A's (what a fucking surprise), so Oakland retaliated by hitting Michael Young. The camera cuts to the dugout, where it shows Padilla smirking. I'm just happy they got rid of the fucker....

Soulpower

Holy shit, the Nationals have won 6 in a row

Lol, yeah. Now they're only trailing the Phillies in the NL East by 24.5 games. Not only that, they're now only 34 games under 500. :shifty:

As for Boston.. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER, MEN! Show some f'n pride and try to at least win the next 2 games in New York and get a split in the series.

Wordlife

^yeah I want Red Sox to win those games and somehow take possession of 1st, though I don't mind the Yankees but still!

LOL at the Nationals

MikeRaw

The White Sox claimed Alex Rios from Toronto. It's now official. JP Ricciardi just announced it. No one coming back to Toronto.
Oh well. I don't mind. Now we have a ton of money to spend. I doubt we get a huge name in the offseason, but we should get some decent players.

Enigma22

Reaction score
^good enough players to compete with with the yankees, red sox, and the rays?