Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wordlife

all day! It's practice, since we got fucking ass-raped by the Phillies and was swept

Travis40

I can't believe Frankie looked like that

Embarrasing

:nonono:

Hopefully D-Hol can get something started tomorrow.

btw, Frankie was the only one out of the pen that really sucked....except Eddie, and I've already said that he sucks....so it's not a surprise. And as for Texas' catcher, Saltalamacchia, I think his career is done. He can't even get the ball back to the fucking pitcher. It's been getting worse and worse the past couple of months, and they're pulling him every time it happens.

MikeRaw

Man.... Anyone ever heard of this Randy Ruiz guy? He's 31, and he's been in the minors like his whoel career. But in the Minors, he's put up huge numbers. Teams just never noticed him. The Jays called him up like 2 weeks ago, and he's hitting around .320 with 3 home runs and (I think) 15-20 RBIs. Wouldn't mind him staying on the team as the DH next year.
On a side note, Travis Snider, who had a great start to the season and was sent down in May, was called up last week and has hit 2 homers in a week, and went 3 for 3 today. People were saying he'd probably win ROTY this year. Obviously that can't happen, but it's good to see him playign well again. Hopefully next year he plays the whole year and puts up big numbers.

Last thing... Even though the Jays still suck :n:, Ricky Romero needs to be the Rookie of the Year. He's been at least our second best pitcher this year, and some could say better than Halladay. He got his 11th win today.

Travis40

Rangers now have the head to head against both Boston and Tampa! We rule! >_>

Scott Feldman is one of the most underrated pitchers in MLB this year, along with Jason Marquis and Adam Wainwright.

Here's my Award Predictions

Cy Young

AL - Josh Beckett
NL - Tim Lincecum

MVP

AL - Joe Mauer
NL - Albert Pujols

ROTY

AL - Tommy Hunter or Gordan Beckham
NL - JA Happ

It looks like Tampa, Texas, and Boston will be in the AL WC Race for the rest of the year. Whatever the finish is, I'll be happy as a Texas fan. I was only hoping they'd go over .500 this year, and I got my wish :)

MikeRaw

JA Happ shouldn't be ROTY. Romero has more wins, on a crappier team, and if I'm not mistaken, a better ERA. He's also 2 or 3 years younger.
Well, in my opinion, anyway.

Travis40

Happ will end up being the ROTY in the NL becuase there aren't many quality rookies (maybe Hanson). In the AL, you have Romero, Beckham, and Hunter all going for ROTY.

Happ wins the NL ROTY by default. If Romero played for the Marlins, he'd win in the NL, but since he's in the AL, he has much more of a challenge. I'm just waiting for THE Neftali Feliz to win ROTY next year. He's fucking boss.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
playoffs. hell yeah.

my predictions...
Yankees over Twins (no contest)
Red Sox over Angels (just because)

Dodgers over Cardinals (Joe Torre magic)
Phillies over Rockies

Travis40

Yankees over Twins :(
Angels over Sox

Phillies over Rockies :(
Cardinals over Dodgers

Hell of a game tonight.

straight_edge76

Yankees... 'Nuff Said.
I am hoping for A Yankees/Dodgers World Series....the Joe Series lmao

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited for the playoffs this year, tons of great matchups. I do sense a Yankee beatdown into the WS and a probable win for NY. LA/STL series should be all kinds of awesome and I am predicting a COL upset of Philly in the NLDS.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a Yankees/Rockies World Series so bad now, I became so interested in the Rockies ever since their run at the World Series against the Red Sox 2 years ago.

Man, that Twins/Tigers game was BANANAS. Could've turned out into anybody's game through those twelve innings.

straight_edge76

Yeah, from the looks of it the yanks COULD coast to the series...but I aint gonna overlook anybody. Even though im sure that NYY will sweep to the ALCS which I think that LAA could make a series out of.

I want to see the yanks spank Manny and teh Dodgers for all those years in Boston lol.

Soulpower

The Phillies win game 1 of their series against Colorado behind a dominating effort by Cliff Lee who threw a complete game and only allowed 1 run.

I've been noticing a lot of people predicting a Yankees/Cardinals World Series. No idea why, since I see Philly as a much better team than St. Louis.

straight_edge76

I think that NYY and LAA in the ALCS could be one of the best CS' of the last few years, both are high powered offenses and have a top notch pitching staff.

In the NL I am intriguied by the possibility of a Phils/Dodgers NLCS. A rematch of 2008's NLCS and I wonder how different The Dodgers would play against PHI this year.