Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
what's wrong with buying talent? just because your team can't, I don't see a reason to hate on it. there's no salary cap, there's no rules against it, so what's the big deal? it's the American way.

Travis40

what's wrong with buying talent? just because your team can't, I don't see a reason to hate on it. there's no salary cap, there's no rules against it, so what's the big deal? it's the American way.

It's not against the rules, and it's not wrong, but to me, a World Series win with that roster, just wouldn't be as good as if your team had more home grown players.

btw, the "2009 World Series Champions New York Yankees" just dropped Game 3.

straight_edge76

Ohh one game of a 7 game series. I admit maybe me saying that was premature but I still believe that they are the best team in baseball. Besides the Captain and most important player on the team Derek Jeter and the closer, the 2nd most important player Mariano Rivera were both farmed by The Bombers.

Enigma22

Reaction score
if the angels can take game 6 i think CC will choke in game seven. i doubt the angels can get past petite tho.

Travis40

Like I said earlier, "when you think the Angels are dead, they find ways to come back".

PeepShow

rallymonkey.jpg

straight_edge76

Honestly I do believe that NYY is going to win today. They are in Yankee Stadium, They have Pettite (SP?) on the mound, arguably the most valuable Pitcher they have and expect lots of rain... Something I dont think The Angels will be able to handle.

straight_edge76

I dont think it will, I am pretty sure that Pettite (SP?) when given the extra day will really strive to close out the series and take the Yankees back to the world series, something he hadn't been able to do in the last few attempts to close out a series.

SnackZ

Reaction score
How sweet it is. Haters still out there? Jumping on the FeelThese bandwagon now?

Wordlife

Yankees fan all day everyday! They will destroy the Philies!

C.C. Sabathia >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cliff Lee (watch)