Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I hate the Angels. So much. Them and their brown logo helmets. The Yanks need to step up, they always suck against them.

I'm hoping the Dodgers get to the WS against the Yanks. As big of a Yankee fan I am, seeing Joe Torre winning in Yankee Stadium and telling the Steinbrenner kids to kiss his ass would be great.

Travis40

Going into the Playoffs, I had 2 teams that I was rooting for (LAA and COL), and now I have one....

Let's go Angels!

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are the two worst announcers I've heard. Fuck them and their monotonous, boring, biased, asshole commentary. Made me sleep through game 1 yesterday.

anyways, the Dodgers still are looking good, and the Yanks hopefully can get their bats working against the Angels. Their pitching is really good, though.

PeepShow

:confused:

Joe Buck is probably the best TV commentator in any sport, especially in the NFL w/ Aikman. Torico and Michaels are up there too I guess. I do agree that McCarver is fucking awful though.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
his football calls are OK, but baseball pisses me off. especially when he's calling a Yankee game. He can absolutely shit on a Yankee if he does something good, but if someone on another team does the same thing, his face is so far up their ass. and he seems to overreact on little plays and sound like he doesn't care on big plays. I hate that.

Like saying "What a Job by Darren Oliver." If it was Joba Chamberlain, it would be calling him immature or some other crap like that.

straight_edge76

That is so true. It gets to the point when I am watching a game that he calls I am more mad at him then at the Yankees when they are playing like shit lol. I sometimes just put on some music or something and watch Jeter and the Soon To Be 2009 World Series Champs do work lol

Travis40

That is so true. It gets to the point when I am watching a game that he calls I am more mad at him then at the Yankees when they are playing like shit lol. I sometimes just put on some music or something and watch Jeter and the Soon To Be 2009 World Series Champs do work lol

So the Yanks are up 2-0, and you're already saying they're going to win the ALCS AND the World Series?

2004 American League Championship Series

Game 1 -
Yankees 10 - Red Sox 7
Yankees lead Series 1-0

Game 2 -
Yankees 3 - Red Sox 1
Yankees lead Series 2-0

Game 3 -
Yankees 19 - Red Sox 8
Yankees lead Series 3-0

Game 4 -
Red Sox 6 - Yankees 4 (12 Innings)
Yankees lead Series 3-1

Game 5 -
Red Sox 5 - Yankees 4 (14 Innings)
Yankees lead Series 3-2

Game 6 -
Red Sox 4 - Yankees 2
Series tied 3-3

Game 7 -
Red Sox 10 - Yankees 3
Red Sox win Series 4-3

ALL HAIL THE 2004 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS, THE NEW YORK YANKEES!

>_>

straight_edge76

Ok lol maybe it is a bit premature but regardless its just an opinion. But what I think is the 2009 Angels are nowhere near the team that the 2004 Boston DeadSox Were :(

SnackZ

Reaction score
Can't believe there are still so many non believers here. The Yanks got it this year. Plain and simple. Deal with it.

straight_edge76

People always have hated on the big market teams in every spots (Lakers, Yankees, Patriots, etc.)

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
People always have hated on the big market teams in every spots (Lakers, Yankees, Patriots, etc.)
Yeah, thats I smile when people say that the Yankees are gonna BUY a World Series ring. That shit has been SO damn played out FOREVER.

Travis40

^Actually.....they are buying the WS. Just name 10 players on that team (without looking it up), that the Yankees drafted, and brought through their farm system.

Ok lol maybe it is a bit premature but regardless its just an opinion. But what I think is the 2009 Angels are nowhere near the team that the 2004 Boston DeadSox Were :(

Actually, I think the 09 Angels > 04 Sox

The Angels find ways to win, when it seems that it's all over......I found that out in the regular season.

:cry:

SnackZ

Reaction score
Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Pettite, Duncan, Gardner, Hughes, Joba, Robertson....

Hmmmmmmmmmm, seems like they have a pretty good amount of guys that were brought up through their system???? First 4 I stated actually are the core of the team, were there in 96, 98, 99 and 2000 and funny how they are there this year too...hmmmmmmmm....someone must be thinking Arod plays the entire infield, Texiera plays the entire outfield and CC pitches to AJ every game....tsk tsk....don't know what to do with you man.

Travis40

Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Pettite, Duncan, Gardner, Hughes, Joba, Robertson....

Hmmmmmmmmmm, seems like they have a pretty good amount of guys that were brought up through their system???? First 4 I stated actually are the core of the team, were there in 96, 98, 99 and 2000 and funny how they are there this year too...hmmmmmmmm....someone must be thinking Arod plays the entire infield, Texiera plays the entire outfield and CC pitches to AJ every game....tsk tsk....don't know what to do with you man.

Burnett (Free Agent)
Pettitte (Drafted)
Sabathia (Free Agent)
Chamberlain (Drafted)
Aceves (Free Agent)
Coke (Drafted)
Gaudin (Traded by Chicago)
Hughes (Drafted)
Marte (Traded by Pittsburgh)
Robertson (Drafted)
Rivera (Signed as International Free Agent)
Cervelli (Free Agent)
Molina (Traded by LAA)
Posada (Drafted)
Cano (Signed as International Free Agent)
Hariston Jr. (Traded by Cincinnati)
Jeter (Drafted)
Rodriguez (Traded by Texas)
Teixeria (Free Agent)
Cabrera (Signed as International Free Agent)
Damon (Free Agent)
Gardner (Drafted)
Guzman (Traded by Baltimore)
Swisher (Traded by Chicago)
Matsui (Signed as International Free Agent)

Only Pettite, Chamberlain, Coke, Hughes, Robertson, Posada, Jeter, and Gardner were drafted by the Yankees. On the 25 man roster, only 8 were drafted by the Yankees. The rest either signed as Free Agents, International Free Agents, or were traded for. Only 11 were brought through the system.