Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

27 up, 27 down for Mark Buehrle. He pitches a perfect game against the Rays.

Travis40

Eh, it just sucks that Buehrle plays for a shitty team :dry:

What the fuck is with the Angels?

They're down after the 7th in 3 games against KC, and rally to win every one of them, then Minnesota goes into the 9th with a 1 run lead tonight, only for LA to fucking rally. I'm just hoping the Yankees and Sox split the rest of their games this year, so the Rangers could win the Wild Card, if not the Division.

PeepShow

Vicente Padilla has tested positive for the swine flu.

lol, mexicans

Travis40

YES!

BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL WEEK!

But Padilla isn't the only one sick...if I'm correct, the full list of guys are

Willie Eyre
Frank Francisco
David Murphy (played today)
Jarrod Saltalamacchia
Kevin Millwood
Eddie Guardado
Vicente Padilla
Omar Vizquel

Rangers win 5th straight, and Kansas City loses 10 straight XD

PeepShow

:lmao @ tonights Mariners lineup:

1. Ichiro - .359 BA
2. Gutierrez - .295 BA
3. Griffey - .211 BA
4. Shelton - .182 BA
5. Hannahan - .199 BA
6. Johnson - .207 BA
7. Woodward - .250 BA
8. Saunders - .250 BA
9. Cedeno - .174 BA

Nice batting averages...

Only thing keeping them from losing every game is KING FELIX putting out a gem every fifth game.

EDIT- WTF, how are they over 500? :lmao

Enigma22

Reaction score
they only score when ichiro scores the runs and Franklin Gutierrez and russel branyon hit them in. that happens a lot. the indians needed to keep both Gutierrez and Branyon. everyone we get rid of becomes good somewhere else. :(

PeepShow

Mark Buehrle has a perfect game again through 5 innings.

Also has set the major league record retiring 42 batters in a row.

:happybday:

PeepShow

Phillies get Cliff Lee.

The Philadelphia Phillies and Cleveland Indians agreed to a trade that would bring Cliff Lee to the NL East leaders along with outfielder Ben Francisco for four minor leaguers, according to major league sources.

Triple-A right-hander Carlos Carrasco, Class A righty Jason Knapp, catcher Lou Marson -- the likely heir apparent to Victor Martinez -- and shortstop Jason Donald will be sent to Cleveland.

The trade is pending physical exams.

The Phillies weren't required to give up pitcher J.A. Happ or the three prospects they balked at trading for Roy Halladay -- outfielders Dominic Brown and Michael Taylor, and pitcher Kyle Drabek.

Lee, the 2008 AL Cy Young winner who turns 31 next month, is having another solid season for the Indians, posting a 3.14 ERA while walking just 33 in 152 innings. He will make $8 million in 2010 and then be eligible for free agency.

Lee, who was a guest on ESPN950 in Philadelphia Wednesday morning, was asked if he definitely plans to test free agency.

"That's where every player wants to be, so honestly, the closer I get to that point, the more likelihood I'm going to be testing free agency. But I still have a year and two months 'til then, so we'll see."

Lee would be the sixth Cy Young winner to be traded in the offseason or during the season following his Cy Young win. Last season, 2007 AL Cy Young winner CC Sabathia was traded by the Indians to the Milwaukee Brewers.

Lee gives the Phillies another top starter to join Cole Hamels. Hamels, who was MVP of the World Series and NLCS last fall, has been inconsistent this season. He's 7-5 with a 4.42 ERA, though he pitched well in a Tuesday night victory over the Diamondbacks.

The Phillies have a comfortable lead in the division -- seven games ahead of second-place Florida going into Wednesday's games. They've sought pitching help since No. 2 starter Brett Myers had hip surgery in June. Forty-six-year-old Jamie Moyer leads the staff with 10 wins, but he has a 5.32 ERA.

Francisco is batting .250 with 10 homers and 33 RBIs. He upgrades Philadelphia's bench, which has lacked a solid, right-handed hitter.

MikeRaw

Good trade. Gave up some prospects, but managed to keep Drabek and Happ, and get a good pitcher in Lee. Lee is no Halladay, but he's still a top pitcher.

Travis40

Lee going to Philly takes them out of the Halladay trade rumors.

Roy Halladay wants to play for a perennial contender. So, would he approve a trade to the Rangers, who last made the postseason in 1999?

Maybe.

Halladay has not ruled out waiving his no-trade clause for the Rangers, according to a source with knowledge of his thinking.

However, he is not as certain to approve a deal to Texas as he is to the Yankees, Red Sox or either of the Los Angeles teams.

The Rangers are 2½ games behind the Angels in the AL West and 1½ games behind the Red Sox for the wild card.

They have the prospects to land Halladay, but many in baseball doubt their ability to take on his remaining salary in 2009 and '10.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9866498/MLB-trade-deadline-buzz

I'm kinda torn on this. I'd love to see Halladay pitch in Arlington, but I really don't want to see Holland, Smoak, Feliz, Perez, etc, go to Toronto to get this guy for a year and a half.

I think Halladay will either stay in Toronto, or will end up in Boston. I really don't think the Sox would give up Buchholz.

I also saw that the D Backs wouldn't be against trading Doug Davis or Jon Garland.

btw, I think Cliff Lee isn't what everybody makes him out to be. Lee will never get anywhere close to where he was in 2008.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

It's a pretty good site. I usually keep on eye on this whenever I'm on.

Wladimir Balentien to the Reds
Robert Manuel to the M's

XD

MikeRaw

David Ortiz tested positive in steroids in 2003.

Source: tsn.ca espn, newspapers, etc

Not surprising. But at this point, who cares? I think pretty much everyone uses them. If you try to take them out of the game, home runs will go way down, and fans will lose interest.

Travis40

I figured that Ortiz was on steriods back then.

To Dodgers:
George Sherrill

To Baltimore:
Josh Bell
Steve Johnson

Astros release Russ Ortiz

To Cubs:
John Grabow
Tom Gorzelanny

To Pirates:
Kevin Hart
Jose Ascanio
Josh Harrison

straight_edge76

David Ortiz Blows lol GO YANKEES!!! haha but seriously i anways figured he and Manny were on the Juice.