Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Somewhere lurking in the shadows, PeepShow is laughing his ass off and beatin his meat that his White Sox beat y'all Cubbies.

:confused:

Also, almost 3 hours for a game that had a total of 10 hits? WHAT THE FUCK!?

Travis40

I'm going to the Rays/Rangers game Friday. Holland vs. Kazmir....I'll probably get some pics up on Sunday.

Rangers are starting to slip :( Injuries to Harrison, Hamilton, and others are taking their toll on them. Hamilton will be back in about a week or two. They're only 2.5 out, so they still have 3 months to recover.

MikeRaw

MLB All star teams were announced today. Despite the Jays sucking lately, I'm pumped that Aaron Hill and Halladay got in. Hill hit ihis 20th HR this year, and Halladay is 10-3, but should be like 12-2 if it wasn't for the team letting him down.

Travis40

I wanna know how Kevin Millwood didn't make it in, while Wakefield did....

Millwood: 8-5, 2.80 ERA, 2 CG, 119 IP, 1.24 WHIP

Wakefield: 10-3, 4.30 ERA, 2 CG, 102 2/3 IP, 1.35 WHIP

Wakefield has a 4.30 ERA FFS.

Here's Wakefield's ERA over the last 10 games

and here's Millwood

Also, Kinsler has a higher OPS than Hill and Pedroia, and Kinsler is stuck on the Final Vote?

Joe Maddon is a fucking idiot. At least he got Michael Young though :dry:

MikeRaw

It really should be Hill and Kinsler in the ASG. I'm glad Hill is in, but how the fuck did Pedroia get in? Dude sucks this year. Hill has 20 HR's, and is batting .300, which is why he got in, but Kinsler is putting up similar numbers, and should've got in as well.

Travis40

I've been saying that Pedroia has been overrated for the past couple of years. I think the best 2nd basemen in the AL are

Kinsler
Hill
Cano
Pedroia
Roberts

in that order....

EDIT - I went to the Rangers/Rays game on Friday, so I'll probably get pics up later. I got some good pics :yes:

EDIT #2 - Rangers send Chris Davis down to AAA. Josh Hamilton will return tomorrow night in Anaheim to play against LAA.

Travis40

I really want to know why the fans vote Josh Hamilton in if he's been on the DL for most of the 1st half of the season.
Carl Crawford should start over him even if he doesn't play RF.

That's the way Fan Voting is. They made some fucking stupid picks this year.

Rangers sweep Rays!

Now it's time to sweep (again) the Angels.

EDIT - Vote for Ian Kinsler >_>

Enigma22

Reaction score
its cause he was good last year and most fans dont pay much attention to how people are doing. plus he had that drug shit that he came back from so its a good story so everyone knows him.

Travis40

Wow...the HRD is looking great this year with Howard, Gonzalez, Pujols, and Fielder.

Travis40

Great win for the American League, and it will give Texas home field advantage in the World Series, shoudl they get that far.

edit - Apparently nobody is expecting Texas to make it to the WS. What about Tampa last year? Nobody at this point thought they had a chance to even win the East, and we all know how far Tampa went.

Travis40

Rangers sweep the Sox.

btw, I have no clue why the AL East is so fucking overrated. The AL West is much better this year.

Oakland, Texas, Seattle, LAA combined record against AL East teams = 59-43