Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

wtf thats messed up...
it came out of nowhere!!

Not really. They've been talking about getting a catcher since Posada got hurt. With him now being out for the rest of the season, it was only a matter of time before they made a move.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Just by that trade the Yanks are definitely getting rid of Jorge Posada. Man those Steinbrenners love to spend their cash. Now with I-Rod on our team we have to make the playoffs now.
And damn two Ramirez's on the Marlins! Hanley and Manny would be interesting to see at the plate.

Speaking of the Angels also (sorry Steve), is anybody pulling for K-Rod to break the single-season saves record?

Soulpower

I am. For one, K-Rod is on my fantasy team, and two, I love seeing records get broken.

Also, lol at Milwaukee. They get the Cubs at home for a 4 game series, and they're on the verge of dropping their third straight game in that series.

Enigma22

Reaction score
K-rod is like definitely gonna break the record. :respect:

i-rod is gonna help the yankees make the playoffs and the rays arent gonna make it unless they get jason bay...

and i dont really want manny to go to the marlins because who gives a fuck about the marlins? lol they wont make the playoffs with or without him...

PeepShow

K-Rod will break it if only he can just stop giving up a run every outing. I'm telling you, I know it's not hurting them now, but if he keeps that up, sooner or later it will come back to bite them in the ass.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
Pudge is on the yanks? WTF!!!! why not just fucking kill us all...

Is Manny going to the Marlins confirmed or just a rumor?

Travis40

K-rod is like definitely gonna break the record. :respect:

i-rod is gonna help the yankees make the playoffs and the rays arent gonna make it unless they get jason bay...

and i dont really want manny to go to the marlins because who gives a fuck about the marlins? lol they wont make the playoffs with or without him...

lol, bolded everything you said that was wrong. The Yankees are getting worse and worse and Pudge is now becoming older and can't perform like he could in 1998. If the Yankees couldn't do it with Posada...they can't do it with Pudge.

The Rays are fucking first place in the AL East and there's no signs of slowing down. They're perfectly fine without Bay and I don't think that the Pirates would really trade Jason Bay.

The Marlins are (last I checked) 3 games back in the NL East...there's plenty of time to see the Marlins come back.

I somehow see the Rangers sweeping the Yankees next week :g: I will fucking throw a party if the Yankees don't make the playoffs. I like the fucking Angels/A's/Mariners more than I like the Yankees.

Wordlife

hmmm and my cubs continue to win again, and the Brewers were coming close to overpassing us... um no

Soulpower

They're perfectly fine without Bay and I don't think that the Pirates would really trade Jason Bay.

lol. Word going around is that Boston/Florida and Pittsburgh are trying to make a three team deal. Manny to Florida, Hermida to Pittsburgh, and Bay to Boston. As of now, there's a good chance of this deal happening.

Also, The White Sox have proposed a deal to Cincinnati to get Ken Griffey. Its all up to Griffey now, since he can veto any trade.

Reaction score
Just heard that Griffey accepted the trade and everything is in place. If the league allows it (Which they almost always do) the kid is sox now.

Soulpower

Magnus mentioned it a couple of posts above.. MLB AND Griffey have approved the deal. He is headed to Chi-Town.

PeepShow

:happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday:

Enigma22

Reaction score
lol, bolded everything you said that was wrong. The Yankees are getting worse and worse and Pudge is now becoming older and can't perform like he could in 1998. If the Yankees couldn't do it with Posada...they can't do it with Pudge.

The Rays are fucking first place in the AL East and there's no signs of slowing down. They're perfectly fine without Bay and I don't think that the Pirates would really trade Jason Bay.

The Marlins are (last I checked) 3 games back in the NL East...there's plenty of time to see the Marlins come back.

I somehow see the Rangers sweeping the Yankees next week :g: I will fucking throw a party if the Yankees don't make the playoffs. I like the fucking Angels/A's/Mariners more than I like the Yankees.

i also bolded everything i said that was wrong.

the yankees are actually getting better and better with getting xavior nady and ivon rodrigaz. they have won the last 7 out of ten games. thats getting worse and worse? and i rod is still probably the best catcher out there batting 295 or somewhere around there and he won the gold glove last year so hes still obviously defensively great. hes better then posada overall imo...

also the rays lost 7 games in a row a few weeks ago and are definitely showing signs of slowing down. they are lucky the red sox have been slumping too or they wouldnt be in first place.

they actually need an outfielder and they were talking to pittsburg about trading jason bay and there were talks of him going to the red sox too in a three way trade with the red sox and the marlins.

the marlins are actually only a game and a half back but they are not going to beat the phillis or the mets unless they make a big trade to get manny rameriz.

the yankees will probably sweep the rangers... and you will not throw a party.