Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have traded slugger Manny Ramirez to the Los Angeles Dodgers, according to a report on SI.com.

The report says that Canadian Jason Bay will end up with the Red Sox while four prospects will go to Pittsburgh.

According to the report, the Pirates will receive outfielder Brandon Moss and reliever Craig Hansen from the Red Sox as well as third baseman Andy LaRoche and right-handed pitcher Bryan Morris from the Dodgers.

Laroche's brother, Adam, is Pittsburgh's first baseman.
-TSN.ca

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
Manny to LA in a 3-Team Trade:

Jason Bay (Pirates) to Boston

Andy Laroche (Dodgers) & Bryan Morris (Dodgers) to Pirates

Brandon Moss (Red Sox) and Craig Hansen (Red Sox) to Pirates

---------------------------------------------------------------

And

Ken Griffey Jr. to the Chicago White Sox for Nick Massat (infielder) and Danny Richar (Pitcher) and Cash

----------------------------------------

Fucking sucks, I love Grifster. I'm glad that he is going to be able to HOPEFULLY win a World Series Championship for the first time. He is already a first ballot hall of famer, but that win only make it so much better. However, I wish he would have stayed with the Reds. I know he isnt in his prime, but he is still a decent player. Love him, and wish him all the best at chicago. beat the fucking cubs

xtremebadass

Griffey in the Chi FTW! He was my fav player as a kid, until I got disgusted with baseball completely, maybe this will revive the interest

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
The Yankees pulled off so many unexpected trades, that's pretty impressive. Pudge is hitting .295, so he's not bad at all. He won't even have to play catcher with Molina in there too, and he's amazing on defense. I could care less about Washburn, I wouldn't have wanted to see any of the prospects leave. I'm hoping the Rays collapse now.

Save.Us.Carl.Pavano. :rofl:

Travis40

I think Boston got the worst end of that trade. I know they wanted to get rid of Manny and they got Jason Bay....but at this point in their careers there's no way in hell that you can say that Bay is better than Manny...damn, why didn't Boston try to get anyone better from Pittsburgh? :rofl:

The Sox swerved everyone with that trade lol

PeepShow

but at this point in their careers there's no way in hell that you can say that Bay is better than Manny...damn, why didn't Boston try to get anyone better from Pittsburgh? :rofl:

:confused:

Bay is 29 and Manny is 36. What are you talking about. Not to mention Bay has more HR's than Manny and his stats stack up quite well against Manny's.

xtremebadass

I am so pissed Manny is off the Red Sox. He kicked ass in Boston, they still had an awesome line up, but without Manny, it won't be the same.

Soulpower

Goodbye, Manny :(

Thanks for helping the Sox break the drought... And helping them win another title to boot!

Also, Joe Torre is coaching Manny Ramirez. I never thought I would see that.

Wordlife

^i know right... but it sucks Manny is gone out of B-Town, I loved him, now a possibility of a Red Sox/Cubs world series has just went a little down (FUCK THE WHITE SOX and them getting Griffey Jr. man.... thats some bullshit)

Enigma22

Reaction score
the red sox did great in that deal they got bay who has basically the same stats as manny and who is a better defender and harder worker...

Travis40

I just went to a AA game with the Tulsa Drillers and Northwest Arkansas Naturals and Jeff Francis was pitching for the Drillers. He looked really good tonight, he went 6 inning and gave up like 5 hits and 0 runs...this was his last rehab start so he'll be back in Denver :(

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me who the Pirates get from the 3 team trade.
As to comparing Jason Bay and Ramirez I'd rather take Bay. Jason Bay actually doesn't dogs it going to first base. But you never know, Manny still has some pop in his bat and is a decent fielder.
I now see Griffey Jr in pinstripes just not in a white sox jersey. YANKEES *coughs*